most unfortunate occurence ever

KillPhil

Chieftain
i was playing civ3, didn't have any coal. i took over a nearby mongol city and then rushed built temple and library to expand and get the coal before the a korean city did, which was a possibility.

on the turn that my workers finished building a road to it- the coal became exhausted. so i never got to use it. i was flabbergasted.

LLXerxes said:
Yes it really ticks you off when the rescources get exhausted, which IMHO happen all too often.

I agree Xerxes, I've lost Iron before I could build gallic swords as the Celts :mad: :gripe: .

I once lost my only source of urainium in my borders :wallbash:

I also had a small map where there was only ONE source of aliminium in the entire map and it was exhausted :cry: :wallbash:

Normally, there has to be a certain number of each strategic ressource for every civ, unlike luxuries.
I already sent a big army to take a city on a oil ressource, but when I got it, it was the last turn!

Grohan said:
Often? At least for me it's very rare that resource exhausts. Maybe RNG gods favor me :cool:

Same here, thats why I made that thread bartleby posted. :D

On toic, I have never lost a resource. Exhaust. W/e.

mastertyguy said:
Normally, there has to be a certain number of each strategic ressource for every civ, unlike luxuries.
I already sent a big army to take a city on a oil ressource, but when I got it, it was the last turn!

Thats only statistically it does not mean each civ will get an even amount in a multiplayer game im playing at the moment one nation has just about all the Iron in the entire world. I have just about all the Oil fields it would seem. Theres only two Uranium resources on the map one next to my starting city (Tee hee) and the other i got of the portuges by using propaganda against one of the cities. Bang zoom rush built an airport and soon had loadsa troops in there just in case. It was Japan that had just about all the worlds iron reserves and hell they werent trading that with anyone well not for one hell of a fee anyway.

Attachments

• Most of the worlds Iron.JPG
    Most of the worlds Iron.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Most of worlds Oil reserves.JPG
    Most of worlds Oil reserves.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom