Ukrainian civilization

PSYX

Warlord

Ukrainian civilization (Beta v.2) by PSYX

Leader: Ivan Sirko
UU: Zaporizhian Cossack
UB: Sich
Unique trait: "Fertile earths" ("Fertile earths" (Strategic Resources provide +1 Production and Wheat, Iron and Coal Resources provide double quantity.))

"+":new player colour, MAP: "Henrys Europe+Ukraine" (14 civs, start loc., map of Europe)

Credits :

Thanks for civfanatics.com and civfanatics.ru

DOWNLOAD

What is the benefit of Sich?

IMO, the +50% great person doesn't flow well with the concept. Ukraine, Pols, Kossak etc. were known for horses and horseman ship. I would say put bonuses on Horse related items. For example Catherine gets extra from startegic resources, Ukraine Mounted units +1 promotion, +1 movement. Horse resource is doubled.

Would make a great mid game power house.

Just my thoughts..

Miwa

In his defense, a food bonus of some sort does fit really well with ukraine, until very recent history ukraine was the breadbowl of Eastern Europe, exporting tons of grain, but because of how vaguely worded the trait is (+2 food when, and from what?) I really can't tell how it was applied.

But I agree with trickster that the great person bonus really doesn't seem to apply to ukraine, it's really not something they are historically known for, mostly they were known for their exceptional horsemen and fertile agriculture. Like he said though, just my thoughts.

Thank you so much for creating this! I love Ukraine! I can't thank you enough for this :)

Thx to all for the interesting posts=))

In secound beta version, I will delete a bonus of the "great peoples"...

Congratulations. Cossack is the best choice for Ukraine, however my ancestors were in another team (Poland-Lithuania). As for Sich maybe it is the best variant, like courthouse, the centre of honest social and important political and military decisions. As for +2 food it is O.K., however agriculture seems to be in the "beginning" for those times (17 c.). Ukrainian people are skilled in warship (horsemanship perfectly). And as for culture they should have bonus in comparison with Poles or Russian. So all here can be discussed, but from another hand it is seems to be logical.

Congratulations. Cossack is the best choice for Ukraine, however my ancestors were in another team (Poland-Lithuania). As for Sich maybe it is the best variant, like courthouse, the centre of honest social and important political and military decisions. As for +2 food it is O.K., however agriculture seems to be in the "beginning" for those times (17 th.). Ukrainian people are skilled in warship (horsemanship perfectly). And as for culture they should have bonus in comparison with Poles or Russian. So all here can be discussed, but from another hand it is seems to be logical.

Sirko, also is the idea. He doubted those things which should be doubted, and was sure in aspects which seem to be even practically absolute even now.

I'm patiently waiting until v2. Why? 50% great people doesn't flow well, and I see that you've noticed that.

The mod was apdated to Beta v.2

More information on the first page of this topic

Why not Bogdan Khmelnycky or Petro Sagaidachny? (or Julia Tymoshenko :))

lasombra1984
Sirko is a neutral leader... Not pro-Moscow and not pro-western leader...

PSYX, You have a good idea, but whether you did not think, that it is better to create a "Kievskaya Rus"..with UU: Knyazhya Druzhina (Heave unit)
with UB: Library(+2 to culture) or Market place(+ 1 gold from resource hex)
with Leader: Vladimir Velikiy or some one alse
...??????? I can help,baceuse i want it!!)
...Запорожье-это как то плоско,это самая малость нашей культуры,а вот Киевская Русь..

psyx, you have a good idea, but whether you did not think, that it is better to create a "kievskaya rus"..with uu: Knyazhya druzhina (heave unit)
with ub: Library(+2 to culture) or market place(+ 1 gold from resource hex)
with leader: Vladimir velikiy or some one alse
...??????? I can help,baceuse i want it!!)
...Запорожье-это как то плоско,это самая малость нашей культуры,а вот Киевская Русь..

Киевская РУсь это Россия+Украина+Белорусь.

Вот Гетьманщина 17-го века, гораздо ближе чем Запорожье и РУсь

Moderator Action: This is an English-language forum. Posts in other languages must include a translation

Kievan Rus' is a Russia+Ukraine+Belarus.

17th century Hetmanschyna suits Ukraine better.

Киевская РУсь это Россия+Украина+Белорусь.

Вот Гетьманщина 17-го века, гораздо ближе чем Запорожье и РУсь

Well, if that judge is almost no state should not be.
The same can be said about Russia, it is the Khanate of Kazan, Muscovy, Novgord, Astrakhan well and in such style.
.. No matter who was under us.
.. It hit me, you must create Scythia!

I will try to create Scythia!!!)

Well, if that judge is almost no state should not be.
The same can be said about Russia, it is the Khanate of Kazan, Muscovy, Novgord, Astrakhan well and in such style.
.. No matter who was under us.
.. It hit me, you must create Scythia!

I will try to create Scythia!!!)

I'd play Scythia!!! Can't wait for that one!

A new map for Ukraine:

Well, I was thinking about creating a Ukraine mod, before even checking out this post, and here are some of my thoughts:

Leader: Sirko was more of a field commander - a legendary general, granted, but not a politician by any means. If sticking to the Hetmanate period, I would strongly suggest Ivan Mazepa - he reigned a long time, and was a great diplomat and politician, heavily subsidizing arts and culture, and bringing order to Ukrainian economy.

UU: Zaporozhian Cossack seems fair enough, but there's a clash with Russia's cossacks ( Even though historically, Russian cossacks evolved from the phenomenon of Zaporozhian cossacks. )

My suggestions are: Chajka (replaces trimere or galley, is cheaper, can enter land tiles that have a river next to them, bonus against other naval units)

or

Mobile Camp (strong gunpowder/artillery unit, replaces musketman, extra movement on open terrain, heals +1 per turn regardless of action taken, only weak to artillery, bonus fighting infantry and cavalry)

UB: I thought of Sich straight away, but envisioned it more of a tile improvement. Replaces fort, can only be built in a tile next to a river, can't build more of them than the total number of cities the Civ controls, grants all defensive bonuses of the fort but also massive food and moderate production boosts. Also optionally, once every so many turns produces a Ukrainian UU.

UA: "Children of the steppes" or "No end to Cossack bloodline".

Horse, Fish and Wheat resources times two,

and if "Children of the steppe", then all units receive shock 2, drill 1, and some other (maybe random) elite promotion, e.g. sentry, amphibious, logistics or something like that.

if "No end to Cossack bloodline", then bonus fighting in friendly territory, and negates any bonuses enemy units might have for fighting in their territory (e.g. neutralises any combat bonuses from social policies and wonders).

Another idea is settler production speed reduced by 50% (Cossacks did tame new lands like there was no tomorrow).

As a totally unrelated idea, I think a wealth of historic research available today merits the creation of another Ukrainian civ - UNR (Ukrainian National Republic) 1917-1922. Leader: Simon Petlyura or Pavlo Skoropadksiy. For those who understand Ukrainian, a wealth of info here: http://unknownwar.info/

For those who don't - UNR existed briefly during the Russian civil war, and fought a bloody campaign against the Soviets for over 5 years.

UU: mounted machine gun (machine gun cavalry, as in Makhno's army)
UA: "Peasants turned Patriots" can draft units at the cost of food and growth
National Wonder: First Winter Campaign (wounded units fight as though at full strength, friendly units get spawned in enemy-occupied territories)
or
"Holodniy Yar" provides similar military bonuses, but also gives the city massive defensive bonuses.

This second idea is just a thought, yet to be matured. But the wealth of various weapons, tactics and military innovation during that war warrants maybe a creation of an entirely separate strategy game, it's fertile enough to create a separate gaming world in it's own right.

Top Bottom