TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

King Nahan Ra 97-121
With his pyramid secured very early in life Nahan continued to rule for many years. His success against the raiders from south and west have been nothing but successful but expansion through his time has been on the lower side.

His kingship was spent in designing the future architecture of Egypt, building hundreds of small shrines and temples through Egypt, most dedicated to Ra, yet some continued to give honors to the great Osiris and several others were given to Isis, whose cult was slowly growing. While Nahan made Ra the head of the list of gods at his time, he kept the other gods well worshiped.

At Nahan's time for the first time the idea of a patron god begun. The city of Avaris, closely related with Anor at this time, declared Ra as its patron at the time Thebes declared Osiris as its own patron god.

The last works of Nahan were raids eastward towards Sinai and Canaan but more importantly the design, together with Oses, of a magnificent temple complex to Ra. The design never came to fruition in his lifetime but his son, Nafer, will be the king who brings forward the greatest architectural wonders of Egypt for his era.

Nahan ruled for 24 years in which Egypt became ever more united. He raised his son, Nafer, on the ideals of unification of the people, and Nafer in nearly his entire time on the throne will begin a great project to remake Egypt.

King Nafer 122-149
Nafer... Oh great Nafer... What he has done no other king of Egypt could ever accomplish... Pyramid construction under his time will reach its highest peak forever, and his construction will never be outmatched... His rule will see a rise of raids into northern Sinai and Nubia as well as the beginning of a great reform of the government. One more important thing Nafer will do is the first time a king of Egypt saves in his own time for a harder future that might one day arrive at Egypt...

I'll now refer to my tribe as the Tribe of Canaan, as it is more historically sound. :lol:

2900 BCE​

The land of Canaan is a sparsely populated one. The residents are tribal, and the people divided. Though they lived in relative peace with each-other, the tribes felt awkward when communicating. But even that sense of weirdness became a norm until it was just a minor annoyance to a point where the tribes were less and less attached. Despite that, the tribes were a minor part of civilization. They don't deserve to be called a footnote in History.
Until a seed was planted in the mind of a young unnamed shepherd. This, it is said, to be the beginning of the true Tribe of Canaan. The young man was tending to his flock when all of the sudden, darkness came to be when it should be noon. A blinding light emanated from the sun-turned-moon. At that moment, the shepherd seemed to have witness a divine vision from a forgotten God. He is told to begin a new Kingdom, one undivided in the land of Canaan. He was given instruction after instruction, all leading to the same message: unite Canaan by any means necessary. With that, the shepherd went to his village, an unnamed village just as insignificant as the region it resided in. The village was leaderless, and the people just agreed to live together and do what they could just to be.
The shepherd took to the center of the village, spreading his message to any that would listen. Soon enough, he had gained a crowd. He explained to his people how they would lead Canaan to a new era; beyond this dreadful norm, beyond their Hell of unimportance. It was the start of a unified tribe... A true tribe of Canaan.

Terrance: Is it OK if I don't get orders in for another 24-26 hours? 'Cause I've been kinda busy (and worn out).

Sure. I'll try to get you in for sunday night/tuesday night (only other alternative.).

People who got it in by Duetime: Eltain, BSmith1068, Stockholme, electric926, Tycho, Moldath, Zeletdude.
Finished Updating: Zimbabwe, Italy, Middle East, Aegean
Working on:Mesopotamia
Orders Got for: India
Orders Needed For: China,

EDIT: Here's a Teaser

EDIT: Not as good as I thought it would be. Oh well, teaser for the Spotlight. :D

Tuesday night would be better, as I would be able to sneak a story in by then.

Nice, really interested in the next update, and trying to puzzle out your teaser :).

Ditto to the weekend. I'm willing to wait though. Or, write around them if you can? (which is probably what you're doing:0)

Isis is uneasy.

In my dreams I see the Nile. The water floods and than recedes. Egypt is rich when the Nile is forgiving. I see the Nile. The flood ceases. Egypt is in disarray. People will die. Food is scarce. Rebellion is open and the union is broken. Horrible dreams that hunt me every night. Isis what is it that you want me to do?

There are three of each animals. Sheep, pig, cow. They are fat and rich. Meat will be eaten today. But the dreams continues. The sheep die, the cows lose their milk. The pigs run away. The riches of Egypt flee away from its masters. Isis why would you show me these horrible things?

The great king sits on his throne. The people come for him. They are in need of his help. This king is ready. Giant granaries held food from better years for use in terrible years. Unification is kept. The people worship the king that saved their lives. Now I know what Isis wishes me to do.

Done with every freaking one except China. :D
Some more teasers.
Spoiler Aramya :

Neither can afford direct conflict, for it will lead to collapse of either state. It would be MAD! Mutually Assured Destruction!

Unfortunately, the King of Fear was MAD. He’s MAD at how Ortun tried to step up to ARAMYA, the EXALTED STATE. Don’t they know what happened to IRUD?

By lorddwarf at 2011-12-04

Spoiler X :

One major boon is the invention of the Preemptive attack. This has greatly reduced X... established an Y base in the desert.
However, their raids on the Z received growing resistance instead

Spoiler Y :

X was enraged and liberated Y, but was prevented from advancing further. War on land became a stalemate. Truces occurred every few years, and Z was besieged on and off for decades.

Spoiler Z :
...economy continues to grow in pace with the X

Y also expands, their message of unity enjoyed by Z and X alike, and soon taking a role in trade once held by z with the A.

Orders sent.

Nation Name: Armorica
People Name: Celtic
Religion: Druidic Traditions
Color: Dark Green
Background: The Osismii were a tribe of Celts that had migrated East along with many many other Celtic peoples. Instead of following the first wave over the sea to Britannia, They stayed on the peninsula of Armorica. They settled on the tip of the peninsula at the city of Vorgium((Carhaix)).
Spoiler :

Morrigan was restless. The Druid Gwynrach could feel it. He did not tell Cunneda though and the next day the brazier on the hill had been lit.

The Great Queen would be pleased. She would watch the battle and be entertained by it as the warriors killed each other. If she still demanded more sacrifice, a raid would be sent at the Wenefed. Gwynrach would provide enough bloodshed to satiate her thirst.

149-?
King Raas, son of Nafer
His days saw a slow change from his father, that will not last long (deeper explanations after the update that actually covers this years passes). He also celebrated the first high jubilee of the king as a religious holiday at his second year of reign. More after...

I aim to join up after the update. I think I might try and re-create one of my great empires.. in a very unlikely place..
just hope the nation I want still exist after this turn ^_^

I hope my orders succeed in what I am hoping to do...

Top Bottom