The Forgotten: The Other Civilizations (BNW)

Never thought about the colours as green-white. The icon is based on coat of arms of Duchy of Cornwall after all, which is black.
Spoiler :

On the Cornish colours, while black and white are the colours of the St. Pirran's Cross, the national colours of Cornwall are black and gold. It's an option, though perhaps too close to the Belgium mod? (edit: ninjaed)

As far as the Manx go something along these lines:

UA: Manx Sovereignty / Crown Dependency - Trade Routes to Civilizations with more cities grant +1 :c5goldenage: Golden Age point per turn, this increases to +2 with a declaration of Friendship, and +3 with mutual Open Borders.
UB: Tynwald - Unique National Wonder that replaces the Oxford University that can be built once every city has an Ampitheatre. The Tynwald provides +3 :c5culture: culture and provides a free Great Writer :c5greatperson: near the city in which it is built. The Tynwald, like the Oxford University, has two :greatwork: Great Writing slots, and when both are filled with Manx works of writing, shares this city's WLTKD with all cities with a city connection :c5trade:.
UU: Steam Packet Ship - Replaces the Ironclad but is more expensive to build. Can transfer it's :c5moves: movement points to adjacent embarked allied units, allowing swift passage of troops across water, and when gifted to another civilization or city state provides a lump sum of gold :c5gold: equal to it's XP.

Also, forgot Manx leaders.

You only have two real choices, both male, both badass, but neither entirely appropriate as they were never actual leaders. However, in the case of Man, I think you're going to have to be flexible.

The first is Wimund. He was the son of the Duke of Moray, the first Bishop of Sodor and Man (the seat of the Diocese was on The Isle of Skye, however, but Man was under See), and he was an absolutely craycray Herculean Bishop Prince Warrior. Basically, he visited the Isle of Man as a monk, and was so hunkalicious and oratorial he persuaded the Islanders to make him their Bishop. As soon as he was ordained, told them he was the heir of a Scottish dukedom and raised an army to take it back. He and his men went fully fledged Viking crazy, and travelled through the Isles raping and murdering and looting their little hearts out. When the people in charge of this kind of thing had enough of him, they both blinded and castrated him, but he was such a badass that he didn't die so they had to lock him in a monastery for the rest of him life. A rather disparaging source of this legend can be found here.

The other choice is Illiam Dhone. He led a Manx nationalist rebellion against the Lord of Man during the English Civil war. Actually, he led the rebellion against the Lady of Man, the Lady Derby, because the Earl of Derby was imprisoned by the Parliamentarians in England. Once the Parliamentarians had landed on Man, the Lady tried to sell them the island in exchange for her husband's freedom. This, unsurprisingly, rather pissed off the Manx and they rose up against her, stormed the forts, and secured the Isle of Man, and by default a Parliamentary victory. Dhone then negotiated the island's sovereignty with Parliament and as a reward was later made the Governor of the Isle of Man. When the monarchy was restored in 1660, he was accused of some trumped up money laundering charge, and was eventually executed by the Crown for not being their b'hitch. Source here.

Personally, I'd love to see a Wimund leader screen, but in all honesty Illiam Dhone is probably a more appropriate choice. Unless you want an ancient-medieval leader, in which case, I can't help you and you're making a huge mistake, look at these guys with their much awesome. :D

A couple of questions about the Celt split. When you update it, will you make it compatible with Ethnic Units? I was also wondering why you made a new unit for the Picts that is the Pictish Warrior with a different name instead of just using the Pictish Warrior.

I was also wondering why you made a new unit for the Picts that is the Pictish Warrior with a different name instead of just using the Pictish Warrior.

Well, if he'd kept the Pictish Warrior, it would've ended up being a Pictish Pictish Warrior in-game...

I also vote for the first.

I think the first one may be more visually distinct, but I prefer the second one because of its historical accuracy and more simple colors.

As much as I like the first one, I think it's gotta be the second. =]

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'll take some time to go over everything and work out what to put in.

I'm open to changing the colours of Cornwall a bit. Here's a couple of options:

If I may, I was messing around and dragged the translucency of the right one on top of the left, and it came out like this, which I think is pretty nice:

Maybe? Half way between yellow and white, half way between black and green.

That looks a lot like LastSword's Durrani color scheme though.

No, not really, the Durrani use this wonderful shade of orange almost peach like for the insignia while for the background it has a deep dark green shade which shows the brilliant mind that is LS in colour picking. ;)

I guess I remembered wrong! Right on then.

No, not really, the Durrani use this wonderful shade of orange almost peach like for the insignia while for the background it has a deep dark green shade which shows the brilliant mind that is LS in colour picking. ;)

The best part is that he says he mostly picks colors at random. :)

I definitely am more fond of the original first one, it's definitely more identifiable. Yellow on black is still city-state ey, pretty much anything on black is in a way, so.

I liked the olive green with white and the only reason really not using the real Cornwall colours is due to what Gyra stated.

Oh and I guess a wink wasn't enough to show sarcasm. :p

Meh. Gaming degenerated into colours and hats. Back to playing Duke Nukem 3D.

Sorry to ask this again, but will you make the celtic pack compatible with Ethnic Units when you update it?

Top Bottom