RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

I might do Brittany at some point in the future for sure, and I've also got ideas floating around for Bhutan and Scotland, even though neither is really "short-lived".

Rhodesia v4, Texas v2, and The Boers v1 all have YnAEMP compatability, though the Boers might spawn a smidgen too close to Shaka. ...And Rhodesia might spawn much too close to The Boers.

But... but Tannu Tuva... but throat-singing shamans and mental Russian churchgoers...

*sniffle*

On the Californian front, I've decided the best solution to the choice of leader is to simply make 2 leaders-- in addition to spiritual leader John Muir, I'll include William B. Ide, founder of the California Republic, as an alternate leader that the player could enable by simply editing Civ_California.xml a bit. For a bit of a sneak peek to hopefully get people hyped, here's Muir's current DOM screen:
Spoiler :

And I tried to make a scene for Ide, but it's not going too well given that there's only ONE purported image of the guy, on top of the fact that I'm not good at making leader scenes in the first place:
Spoiler :

Heh, yeah...I couldn't find most of the parts I needed from 3D leaders, so my attempt at the conventional leader method turned out looking like a furious, diseased, antebellum Frankenstein's monster. Given that Lincoln looked pretty similar to Ide face-wise, suit-wise, and beard-wise, I just messed with him a bit (Colored beard + hair, tried to reshape his hair to look more scraggly [and failed], shrunk his ears and resized his forehead).

I'm not good at making leader scenes in the first place:

you aren't? Could have fooled me.

Why not Arnold Swarznager as the leader of california. He's a pretty cool guy, had an amazing carrer and wasn't too bad a political too.

This would sort of be a joke leader and sorta not. The thing about california is it's bizzare diversity. It has farmers, hippies, Hispanics, Afro-americans, gold miners and movie stars (strangest of all)

California is all about extremes, in one place they build a big canal system to bring water into the desert, then they while about the damage to the environment. Elsewhere people live lavishly, and then their is a huge power shortage. Meanwhile in the ghettos, minorities are so mad they have a huge riot.

It was a very short lived nation, but don't have the California civ just be from that time! There is a lot of neat history for California.

Anyways I was thinking, I would want to see a Palmyra Empire civ. This was a short lived nation in 200 ad, in the middle east. They broke away from the romen empire, only to get conquered back. It's a neat story and there is a cool female leader, Queen Zenobia. They should get a second chance in Civ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmyra
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmyrene_Empire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenobia

I might do Brittany at some point in the future for sure, and I've also got ideas floating around for Bhutan and Scotland, even though neither is really "short-lived".

Rhodesia v4, Texas v2, and The Boers v1 all have YnAEMP compatability, though the Boers might spawn a smidgen too close to Shaka. ...And Rhodesia might spawn much too close to The Boers.

*perks up at the mention of Scotland* I've been hoping for another Scotland mod since there's so much to represent there.

@Uber, one of the reasons I chose not to have Schwarzenegger as the Californian leader is because of how recent he is, and the fact that he's still alive -- wouldn't feel comfortable making a judgement of history for him. And don't worry, I tried to represent as much of California as I could in 4 unique attributes: early colonization and exploration by the Spanish/Portuguese is represented by their Expeditionary UU, Ide represents the Republic; Muir straddles the border between the wild frontier and modern times as a conservationist, their UA represents the Gold Rush as well as California's continued scientific prowess + high GDP, and their Filmmaker UU represents the modern film industry and cultural influence of the state. While there is a lot more to represent, you do have to keep in mind that Civ is a pretty macro-level game, and trying to represent it all effectively is hard. I will definitely look at Palmyra, though, and if nobody else has done a proper one by the time I get the 3 civs I'm working on now finished, I might try to do it justice.

@Skaz, Scotland is still pretty early in the planning phase, and I could use some ideas on what needs representation, what sorts of uniques, etc. I'd like to have either Robert the Bruce or William Wallace as their leader (probably the Bruce just to dodge all the possible Mel Gibson jokes), and as their general focus, early-game warmongering/defense into late-game Tourism, somehow. Keep in mind that Scottish and Irish culture have a lot of influence with Americans at least, what with the bagpipes, and the Loch Ness monster, and the common hatred of England. Perhaps some sort of a Tourism bonus from defensive/military buildings? Defensive buildings grant a free unit from the current era upon completion? I'm not the biggest expert on Scotland here, so any sorts of ideas will be a big help.

Principality of Hurt River! Or like... Gypsies?

Someone suggested a Newfoundland civ in the CL thread.

A Romani civ would be interesting indeed but... how would they have cities exactly? Well, if they did the Shoshone I guess the Romani can be done too.

No cities, can function like a Germany with no settler and barb conversion? Can convert city state units etc.

"No settlers, first City State you meet converts to your civilization", could be interesting indeed.

How about something similar to Canada in which units claim neutral territory. Instead - units claim the territory the stand on, and if they move - they lose it.

It still creates the problem of "no production at all", though both features combined could be interesting.

Have you tried the Germany Challenge?

Top Bottom