Artdef extraction request

isnorden

Amnesiac Modder
Would someone with better access to Nexus please extract the artdefs for the Gems resource? I would do this myself, but ModBuddy is the only SDK tool which will run on this 7-year-old PC. :blush: Many thanks to whoever can help; I need the copies to assign them a new strategic-view icon in my modpack. (Even with correct code, the game won't let me change which strategic-view icon to use with the original artdefs.)

Do you know which .fpk files have the right textures in them? For the Gems resource, they're probably split between at least two packs because of the sparkle FX...

I think you're a little confused. Art defines are the database entries. If you're not changing the model textures or effects, you don't need to add new copies of them to the mod.

I'm also not sure that you're correct that you can't assign a different SV Asset to an existing art define. If you change an existing art define, you probably need to check the Reload Strategic View checkbox in the mod's properties.

Regardless, you can create a new art define that references the same models (Gems.fxsxml and *_Mine_Gem.fxsxml) in the ArtDefine_Landmarks table, and a different Asset (SV icon) in the ArtDefine_StrategicView table.

A new artdefine that references pictures already in the game? As long as I know the correct filenames for the parts I don't want changed, that could work. Judging by the code in similar mods, do all mined resource models follow the pattern I think they do?

• Unworked: resourcename.fxsxml
  • Under Construction: hb_eracode_mine_resourcename.fxsxml
  • Completed: eracode_mine_resourcename.fxsxml
  • Pillaged: pl_eracode_mine_resourcename.fxsxml

Do Gems use a SNAPSHOT layout handler like most of the resources I've seen, and do the Mines use only two era codes? Please excuse the rapid-fire questions; I just want to make sure my coding is correct before updating it.

Sorry to bump up my own thread, but...When I checked the ArtDefines_Landmark table in the database, I saw references to some files that didn't fit the pattern above. If I'm basing the Opal artdef on the one for Gems, will it also need to reference all those files and include its own .ggxml code? Either way, I'd appreciate it if one of you could please list all the filenames (except atlas, font, and SV icons) used in the Gems artdefine; I've dealt with too many incorrect-name bugs in other projects. Thank you!

Just use a SQLite browser.

• HB_MED_Mine_Gem.fxsxml
  • MED_Mine_Gem.fxsxml
  • PL_MED_Mine_Gem.fxsxml
  • HB_IND_Mine_Gem.fxsxml
  • IND_Mine_Gem.fxsxml
  • PL_IND_Mine_Gem.fxsxml
  • Gems.fxsxml

No, you're going to just replicate the Gems entries.

EDIT:
Code:
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_Landmarks (Era, State, Scale, ImprovementType, LayoutHandler, ResourceType, Model, TerrainContour, Tech)
    SELECT Era, State, Scale, ImprovementType, LayoutHandler, 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_OPAL', Model, TerrainContour, Tech
    WHERE ResourceType = 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_GEMS';

Top Bottom