Hoover dam - Hydro plant

smazacek

Chieftain
I have acquired Hoover dam wonder. Some of my cities have no river within range, and also in the city view there is no Hydro plant picture. In spite of that, there is a Hydro plant at the improvements list and it also seems (according to my rough calculation) that the production effect works in those cities.

Civilopedia says that a Hydro plant increases factory bonus by 50%, but it seems that it increases the whole production by 50%, i.e. increases factory bonus by 100%.

Civilopedia says that various plants can replace each other. What hapens, if I acquire more of them? All of them remain at the list, but production bonus only counts ones? And do I have to SELL coal plant (after finishing another plant) to eliminate pollution or does it work somehow automatically?

Thanks

Thanks Hawkster for the link to the article. It gave me all info I needed. However, it doesn't clearly respond, wheather Hydro plant generated by Hoover with a city without a river gives the production bonus (it only says that the Hydro plant shows at the improvement list).

As far as I can remember (I haven't got the game in front of me at present) it should give you all the benefits of a hydro plant inc the production bonus.

You do get the benefits of the hydro plant in every city on THAT continent, but only if you already have a factory in it. No factory, no benefit. I believe that is how it works.

Actually, you get the benefit of the hydro plant no matter what. It's just that that benefit is nothing if there isn't a factory.

Is there a demonstrable difference between no benefit and a benefit of nothing?

This is probably a dumb question (I should have made another account on the forum so that my impeccable IQ was never called into question :D ) but here goes:
If you get Hoover and then build a factory in a river city on the same continent AFTER completing Hoover, does that city get the Hydo bonus, or is it too late then?

Yeah, new cities get the improvement. Likewise if you capture AI cities on the continent, they get the Hydro improvement as well.

Top Bottom