strategies questions

Calavente

Richard's voice
as Masterofmanaana.com is down, all stratgey info on the new races : Aos Si, Umblemished, ...etc has disapeared...

any tips for Aos-SI ?
(general rule tips :
I kinda remember reading: going first for wintercourt, then asap to summercourt... but I can't remember why....

best regards...

Because Eternal Court units don't have -1 strength like Summer or Winter Court units have. They also have stronger color promotions.

welll, but eternal court needs arcane lore, so it's not early game.

a question : are all units supposed to have color promotions ?
I started my game and all units I build have no color promotion.. when coupled to the -1 :strength: from the summer/winter court... that's bad.
the only color promo I've seen were on the original warrior and scout ... and the local legend.

double post sry

(well I use evasth Xtended...
is your patch included/compatible with it ?
:D

and your excused for all..

"me gran-Da always told me : "don't lookit up a gift horses' teeths" ... with the accent (well, in french, but with the accent :D)

I'm using this post as a placeholder for a post in Masterofmana.com unitl I get to be able to access the forum... my internet provided seems to have a small issue with masterofmana.com
Spoiler :

for the "quick balance" I have a further proposal :
(remember : my proposal is to rebalance the units by compensating for the lack of metal weapons ; taking into account that the actual "base" value of unit strength was made taking copper/iron weapons into account.

here are my propositions (for whole unitclasses, save the golems, whose strength already take into account their lack of additional metal weapons):

-axe : +1/0 (yes : replace the +1 of bronze but only in attack ; meaning horsemen can take them out outcountries) (makes attacking those summoned skeleton warriors easier)
-champion : +2/1 (as strong as iron-champ in attack and copper champ in defence) (I gave more as I think champs should be able to keep a bit of punch late game... when in vanilla they would be able to get mithril weapons.
-phalanx : +3/2 (well, should have mithril tech to build them)
-Berserker : +3/2 same here.
-Immortal : +2/2 (not as strong as phalanx but.. hey, they are immortals)

-longbow : +1/1 +15% hill and city defense (innate) (they are tier 3 units ; counter to champion ; the +15% hills +15%/cities to alleviate the +2 attack of champs when LB only get +1/1)
-nightwatch : +1/1
-crossbow :+2/+2 (X-Bow should be strong)
-marksmen : +1/+1

-chariot : base 5/3, +1/1 : tier 2.5 units,
-warchariot : +3/2 : same reasoning as phalanx : it shows in defense that you get at least iron weapons... and in offense it helps replace the fact that you don't get mithril weapons.
-knight : +3/2 same here.
-shadow riders :+2/2 (not as strong as knights !!!)

did I miss some unit class that used to use metal ?
Balor : nothing : either a berserk replacement : see berserk ; or a summon : already balanced by itself
Bannor Cleric : +1/1 (used to have access to all weapons promotion)
Freak : +10% strength (used to have access to copper only but it is not a useful unit per se)
Minotaur : +2/2
Pyre zombies : +1/0 (same reasoning as axes)
Recurve archer... (austrin 6, instead of longbow 5/6 ?... make it 7 ?)
Valkyries : +2/2

no metal units :
-archer : +15% hill and city defense (innate) to alleviate the fact that axe get a bonus of +1 attack, and come to same attack strength as defense strength of archers) (so +35% in hill+city)
-horsemen : +20% strength (to get to those units wandering outside), -10%against cities (so it is not OP against city defenders), +30%against archery units (total 50% against archer outside and "only" 40% for archers in cities. (-remember, archers got a +15% in city, and added 30% in hill-city) attacking a city with 4+40%+10% withdraw horsemen or 5+15% (or is it 25%?) axes should be a choice)
-horsearchers : +20% strength (to get to those units wandering outside), -10%against cities : same as horsemen ; but not the anti-archer bonus. (they already have the withdrawal bonus)

heroes that could get all (up to mithril weapons):
Bambur : +1/1 +25% (relatively early unit so no +2/2 for you)
Barnaxus : +1/1
Donal Lugh : +2/1 as champions
Guybrush Threepwood : +2/1 as champions
Harmatt : +1/1 (very early hero, but had access to all metal weapons so he need the increase)
Lucian : +1/1
Lucian cold iron : +1/1
Korina the Red : +1/1 +10%strength
Magnadine : +3/2 (same as knight) ; maybe even +3/3 as he IS a hero after all
Mardero : +1/2 : basically the ever khazad defender
Orthus : +1/0 (same as axes ; to keep the difference battle on par)
Rantine :+1/1 early hero so no +2/2 for you
Saverous: +1/1 +25% : same level as Bambur
Succubus : +2/1 (used to have access to those iron or mithril weapons)
Risen emperor (+2/1 ???)
Wilbowman : +2/1 as champions

Conclusions :
melee line becomes better at attacking, a bit better than before in defense but not much
Archers becomes better at defending cities and hills
Mounted are better at attacking, (same as melee), mounted are better to attack units wandering outside.
Anyone can get +0/1 by buying those expensive armor.

Recon stays as put. but that's normal. recon units were already OP as in "same str as axes but more movement and I exchange +10%vs cities for a +50%vs animals and capture animals" and "more ranger strengh than chariot and horsebow with only losing 20%city attack, "more beastmaster str than phalanx -using poison weapon from scorpion).

.... etc

then someone using this would need to change the AI values :D

Top Bottom