The important GMR messages (holidays,etc) thread

Tabarnak

Cut your lousy hairs!
I decided to make this thread for people playing GMR games. In this thread, you can post suddent or planified absences or simply post something that other people need to know but not in relation with any games. Some players play multiple games and it can be annoying to advertise in each thread.

I will be gone for the week-end from August 4th Saturday morning to August 5th Sunday night EST(approx 40 hours total).

Good idea. Now if there was just a way to get this thread to stick on top so people dont forget about it.

I will be gone for the week-end from August 4th Saturday morning to August 5th Sunday night EST(approx 40 hours total).

Ah ha! That explains it.

...and, good idea for the thread.

I think InsaneTrollLogic / Bluecollar forgot to set his vacation mode.

Sorry to everyone in the games I am in. I should of given a heads up and there is no excuse. I didnt use vacation mode because the AI is so wacky.

I will be gone Aug. 17th to the 24th. I am going to use vacation mode for that. It should be my last trip of the summer and I am sorry for joining games when I am gone so often.

It is pretty much impossible to be in a game where you cant be away for a day or 2. They last several months after all. Not everyone is lucky to have wifi wherever they go.

Yeah, this happens to me on a day to day basis over the summer. Home internet drops out for days at a time...

Sounds crappy. Time for a new ISP?

Edit: Message obsolete. Thanks

:mischief: too many chatty before and not really important message :lol:sorry if I offend anyone.

Important GMR messages
It seems that 3 of my GMR games that I have been playing all got 1 player continuously skipping turns and got automatically kicked in 1 game. So it's a matter of time before kicked by the other 2 games. All three GMR games have threads in this forum, and are relatively new (10+ turns into game), and have most of other players very reliable. Personally I think the early turns are not that important because the fun time starts around 50+ turns. Most importantly it's a fast way to connect to some reliable proven GMR players.

If someone is interested in sub into these 3 games, please indicate your Steam name here, so the hosts can send you an invite if players elected to replace the dropped player.

:mischief: too many chatty before and not really important message :lol:sorry if I offend anyone.

if I'm not already in the games in question, would be happy to sub in -- Steam ID banman39

I'll add message as well .. we have one game started and it sub 10 turns and had 2 quiters which didnt playyed from 1st turn.. civs are Songhai and Mongolia, game started in Information era. We'll accept 2 solid regular players gladly

Gone for a bit more than 24 hours. I will check a last time my gmr games around friday 11:30pm EST(in 1 hour). Will be back for sunday.

Looking for a sub / replacement for two games. New Weird Order left both unexpectedly.

The Big Gamble (Huge game, 12 players), sub turn 30, maybe it's even less.

Sail the Seven Seas (forum thread is called Onan's Naval Game), sub turn 60, off the top of my head. A reliable player for each / both would be appreciated!

There's some small chance this was accidental...but I seem to remember him saying something about his schedule changing, and maybe he couldn't keep up.

I'm in a couple of games with NWO and he left all of them without a word. Dont know the reason but there are a lot of subbing to do.

Edit: I got to be busy in killing mode:D

I thought I wanted to join quick speed games first, but since LostKight posted in that sticky thread, I will go ahead to play them all:crazyeye:

@LostKnight: could you please help me contact the host of every game to negotiate a 24 hour turn timer if there is one? Thank you. I need some time to adjust the pace of sudden increased games :lol:

Top Bottom