Trade exploit?

Patty14

Chieftain
Is the trade exploit, in which you modify the deal without the other player knowing, fixed?

If it isn't, is there anything I can do when hosting or playing multiplayer games to prevent it?

Thanks!

They're working on Beyond Earth now. Don't expect any fixes to this game at all, ever again. I even made a BBB complaint and it resulted in no action taken.

It's a good thing that someone is speaking up about this. .. this has happened online so many times before. Who knows how many times this has happened to other multi players.

Is the trade exploit, in which you modify the deal without the other player knowing, fixed?

If it isn't, is there anything I can do when hosting or playing multiplayer games to prevent it?

Thanks!

Explain this exploit in more detail, please.

Thanks,

Marc

Explain this exploit in more detail, please.

Thanks,

Marc
The trade bug/exploit lets anyone modify a trade upon being offered one and then accept it.
In other words, if you trade embassy with me, I can take all your gold per turn, cities (save capital) and all lux/strat ressources.

Player A trades embassy with player B
Player B clicks "Modify" and changes the trade (add gpt, lux, cities, whatever)
Player B close the window
Player B reopens the window with the pop-up (notify) icon that player A's trade's made appeared
Player B accepts trade

Now player B has everything player A possesses. Also, unless player A noticed the trade being modified, he'll have no way but to declare war to retake ressources. Cities are, however, gone forever.

The trade bug/exploit lets anyone modify a trade upon being offered one and then accept it.
In other words, if you trade embassy with me, I can take all your gold per turn, cities (save capital) and all lux/strat ressources.

Player B reopens the window with the pop-up (notify) icon that player A's trade's made appeared
Player B accepts trade

Now player B has everything player A possesses. Also, unless player A noticed the trade being modified, he'll have no way but to declare war to retake ressources. Cities are, however, gone forever.

Since this post, cheating in multiplayer has gone up 300%.

Player B accepts trade

Thank you for explaining, and, "ouch!" what a shame this exploit exists.

Regards,

Marc

That what I hate about Firaxis and Sid Mayer. HE does not believe in supportinig his games. HE NEVER FIX BUGS /EXPLOITS IN ANY OF His GAMES

Top Bottom