Putmalk's Sengoku Jidai

Putmalk

Deity

Putmalk's Sengoku Jidai is a custom scenario from 1000 - 1650 AD. Take control of one of 11 Japanese clans and fight for control in a realistic recreation of Japan. Practice religion, train ninja, and send samurai armies to defeat your foes and take the crown as Shogun of Japan.

Victory is declared to the player with the highest score after 300 turns.

Current version: 2.0
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sf68ckjhnnfgqb3
Also available on the Steam Workshop!

This scenario requires Gods and Kings and Korea DLC.

Features
  • Massive Map of Japan
  • 11 Clans to play, include the Hojo, Uesugi, Oda, and more!
  • Complete redesign of the Tech Tree and Policy Tree
  • Brand new units, buildings, and more!
  • 300 turns of warfare and diplomacy!
  • Difficult gameplay on higher difficulties!

How to play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5d1aC2Be3I

1. Download the .rar file from http://www.mediafire.com/?sf68ckjhnnfgqb3
  2. Place the .civ5mod file into your MODS folder (MyGames/Civ5/MODS/)
  3. If a previous version of the mod exists, delete before updating
  4. Activate the Sengoku Jidai mod
  5. Play!

Special Thanks!
  1. sukritact - Icon Art
  2. jpbar81 - Icon Art
  3. danrell - Unit Art
  4. NOTE: If I forgot anyone here please give me a notice and I'll place you here :)

I will play it monday if you want feadback what to imrpove I will give you it after I played it .

Are you planning to update the mod or will you do other work?

I will play it monday if you want feadback what to imrpove I will give you it after I played it .

Are you planning to update the mod or will you do other work?

I am planning on updating the mod and doing other work. :)

Mod is now up in the Steam Workshop!

You need both Sengoku Jidai and Sengoku Scenario mods to play!

Fantastic mod! I've only had a little time to play with it, but I've already rated it up on the workshop. I hope to spend a lot more time with it over the weekend.

Many thanks!

Please catalog any issues you have so that I will address them in the Version 2 patch.

First thing that noticed me that you start with a lot of warriors so if you don't have iron you are basicly screwed? You should pick spearman as start units and make the tech tree starting at classical era( all ancient era researched) and extend medieval more .. But thats just my opinion

After I got in contact with the dutch they only 1 city on a island and have no gold to trade or luxuries the shogun next to them in the green collor just expanded neer the dutch withouth knowing he would spawn there as result the dutch have no room to expand (there are a few island more to expand ) just wondering if this is supposed to happen that the green player is just hyper expanding and causes the dutch to have trouble

and ervery single AI atacks city states a lot even at the beginning with warriors? Is this olso implented?

I realy thing this mod will function better if you let the game begin at the classical era so you workers can actualy do stuff and you can built more stuf at the beginning because at the start you don't have that many options

First thing that noticed me that you start with a lot of warriors so if you don't have iron you are basicly screwed? You should pick spearman as start units and make the tech tree starting at classical era( all ancient era researched) and extend medieval more .. But thats just my opinion

After I got in contact with the dutch they only 1 city on a island and have no gold to trade or luxuries the shogun next to them in the green collor just expanded neer the dutch withouth knowing he would spawn there as result the dutch have no room to expand (there are a few island more to expand ) just wondering if this is supposed to happen that the green player is just hyper expanding and causes the dutch to have trouble

and ervery single AI atacks city states a lot even at the beginning with warriors? Is this olso implented?

I realy thing this mod will function better if you let the game begin at the classical era so you workers can actualy do stuff and you can built more stuf at the beginning because at the start you don't have that many options

This is not a random map. Every civilization has access to Iron resources.

If the AI is attacking City-States, it means the leaders are aggressive toward them. This is actually a good thing; each City-State represents a minor Japanese clan, so this contributes to the feudal Japan feel.

If the game started in the Classical Era, then I would need to slow down the tech tree even further, or shorten the length of time of the scenario. The scenario is intended to be 300 turns in order to allow the player ample time to conquer the world. The accelerated start is to eliminate a boring 50 turns of settlement that exists in standard Civ V.

The Dutch cannot build settlers; they are bound to the one island. In a future update I may add unique luxuries to the Dutch but as of right now you get a benefit for being their friend (Declaration of Friendship).

Code:
<Row>
			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS</CivilizationType>
			<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_SETTLER</UnitClassType>
			<UnitType/>
		</Row>

Version 2 is out!

Some highlights include:
Fixed Polynesia_Texture.dds issue
Fixed broken upgrade paths
Merged the two mods together for one complete mod.

I have a idea for the dutch give them a dubbel resource at their start (and some gold per turn)

so you can trade you're dubbel resource for a other resource or gold per turn...(make sure you can only trade it for gold per turn not a gold amount just like in all scenario's)

Olso there is one clan I don't remember the name but it has the ability to retain 50% hapiness of luxuries traded away(the dutch ability) It seems a little weak ability because olmost every AI is hostile. Maybe you should change that?

I have a idea for the dutch give them a dubbel resource at their start (and some gold per turn)

so you can trade you're dubbel resource for a other resource or gold per turn...(make sure you can only trade it for gold per turn not a gold amount just like in all scenario's)

Olso there is one clan I don't remember the name but it has the ability to retain 50% hapiness of luxuries traded away(the dutch ability) It seems a little weak ability because olmost every AI is hostile. Maybe you should change that?

Next item on the agenda for version 3 is to fix up their trait. :p

Next item on the agenda for version 3 is to fix up their trait. :p

Thaxs for accepting my feadback :)
Do you pick realistic abilities and map placement? like if a clan in real life is good in horseman you gave them the huns ability? Or just random?

If random I maybe have some ideas:

cChanging the Otoma ability To something like : double quanitity of strategic resources, or Simply the roman unique ability (20 % production any building that allready exist in capital) Because this scenario is all about war!!! proparly a offensive ability .

putting a AI on the island of chosokabe clan If you play as this clan you get a run away effect because you proparly won't get dowed that soon and if you built up a navy you are basicly un touchable... ( Olso it makes more sence with their unique ability archers defence)

In general put more clans on the map proparly 3 or 2 :

- 1 on the island with the chosokabe clan
- one on the other island with shimazu and the other clan
- third one on the side off mori .

Every clan has a trait indicative of their clan history. Adding a new clan requires artwork and city names.... so that delays the addition of new clans. What will probably happen is the addition of new city states. Chosokabe is also the easiest start in the game.

Every clan has a trait indicative of their clan history. Adding a new clan requires artwork and city names.... so that delays the addition of new clans. What will probably happen is the addition of new city states. Chosokabe is also the easiest start in the game.

Allright maybe making the island smaller in size? So you can't get that many cities

Very interested this as a big fan of Shogun 2: Total War. Did you make the Dutch city state on Tanegashima by any chance? You should.

Do I still need the Korea DLC?

No but if I add Portugal then they'll be there :p.

The Dutch are on Dejima.

Yes, you still need the Korea DLC.

I'm having a problem right now (awesome mod by the way). I'm playing as Uesugi right now, and want to become friends with Shimazu. What's strange is that they are guarded towards me, but there's no reason for that. There's 3 dark green bonuses (no contested borders, share religion, embassy) and 1 light green (recent trade). I've also given them several gifts (several gifts of over 100 gold).

Despite all of that, they are guarded, and have stayed that way. Because of this, I can't get a Declaration of Friendship since we aren't "friendly" even though everything points to us being friendly. Is this a bug?

I'm having a problem right now (awesome mod by the way). I'm playing as Uesugi right now, and want to become friends with Shimazu. What's strange is that they are guarded towards me, but there's no reason for that. There's 3 dark green bonuses (no contested borders, share religion, embassy) and 1 light green (recent trade). I've also given them several gifts (several gifts of over 100 gold).

Despite all of that, they are guarded, and have stayed that way. Because of this, I can't get a Declaration of Friendship since we aren't "friendly" even though everything points to us being friendly. Is this a bug?

Civ 5 has crappy diplomacy. What can I say? I didn't change any AI code. The civ's leaders are more inclined to be warlike, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Top Bottom