WW2 Unit Graphics

Great stuff Gareth! Keep them coming. :)
One question though, I can't find efiles/ .dat for open general (other than SON) with your nice graphics. Could you share links to them, plz?

Cause their other graphics are sort of meh... bland.

Anywayz, here's a reworked Bloch (Dassault) MB151 with Greek markings. The 9 that were delivered were so good that the Italians mistook them for Spitfires on their reports IIRC. In reality they were plagued by lack of spares and an unreliable engine.

http://covertangels.net/2012/09/17/γαλλικά-φτερά-με-ελληνική-καρδιά-το-bloch-mb-151/

-edit- A much better fighter would have been the F4F,but in April 1941 the 30 aircraft (in this camo) had only reached Gibraltar. They were taken over by the FAA.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Greek Bloch MB151.png
    Tanelorn Greek Bloch MB151.png
    3 KB · Views: 529
  • Tanelorn Greek Martlet IIIa.png
    Tanelorn Greek Martlet IIIa.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 489
Tanelorn: I haven't posted the OG graphics for ww2 anywhere - it's one of those projects that I'll probably never finish :)

I will sort out what I have completed and maybe post in a thread here soon though.. Very nice Bloch btw. Also hadn't realised that the Wildcat/ Martlets used by the FAA had started life destined for use by Greece - interesting!

Tech: Already posted a County class CA and I have a sort of complete Ark Royal I'll post. Sounds like your list needs a Bismarck and a Prinz Eugen to oppose them?

At the moment, I don't have a project in mind. But if someone wanted to do something like you suggest, Bismarck and Prinz Eugen would be very necessary. Gniesenau/Scharnhorst would also be helpful, as would Zerstorer class 34 or 36.

While we are dreaming out loud, a Graf Spee and a Leander class cruiser would allow a River Plate scenario. Exeter was County class, I believe.

(edit) Sorry, I see the Scharnorst and a Graf Spee class already done.

I'll probably do some of those ships at some time :)

Right, this really is the last time I'll post tweaks and new Japanese planes. Apologies for repeating stuff you've already done Tim; it's just OCD on my part :crazyeye:

Attachments

• fairline japanese planes 2015.png
    fairline japanese planes 2015.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 806
Thanks. Yeah they did, although the exotic stuff only existed as prototypes or designs at the end of the war. I guess if the War had carried on into 1946 they would have made an appearance. In any case the Ki-201 and J8M2 were straight copies of the Me-262 and Me-163 and the N9Y Kikka was an interpretation of the Me-262. The J7W was home-grown and by all accounts would have been a serious piece of kit...

:cooool: Incredible units Fairline :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I like a lot...
And only one request :satan:, on ToT scenario: KYOKUJITSU: RISING SUN of Kevin "DarthVeda" Chulski, there are three more planes: Ki-10 Perry, D1A2 Susie and A5M Claude.
Muchas gracias por tu arte y un saludo,

Thank you gapetit :)

Tanelorn posted a fine Claude a few pages ago. I will look at doing the others sometime.

Btw please can you post your copy of DVs rising sun scenario? The SL only has the beta.

Thanks for the information Fairline: the unit was not included in the collection of Japanese planes of Tanerlorn and I did not remember.

I did not know that there was a non-beta version of the scenario...

;)

Ah OK, thanks for that Tech. Is it still playable do you know? I'm looking for a scenario to get back into ToT and WW2 is my flavour of the month :)

...And only one request :satan:, on ToT scenario: KYOKUJITSU: RISING SUN of Kevin "DarthVeda" Chulski, there are three more planes: Ki-10 Perry, D1A2 Susie and A5M Claude...

Here you go:

Attachments

• fairline 1930s japanese planes.png
    fairline 1930s japanese planes.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 710
And an A5M Claude modded from Tanelorn's Val wings. Some references show 'em in pre-War grey-white, others bare metal. I've chosen the latter finish:

Attachments

• fairline A5M Claude.png
    fairline A5M Claude.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 685
Amazing work Gareth. :goodjob:
Imagine the resources spent on all these competing projects, the training and the logistics to keep them all operational at the same time. A nightmare.

Very nice work, Gareth!

And just on a side note, when I was in the Smithy air museum in Nov 2014,
I saw the WIP restoration of that rare Japanese Me262 knock-off in the workshop!

And the Ho229! It was a bucket list moment!

Thanks C. Wow, did they actually build a Horton? Must be quite a sight :)

Some US Marines to fight the Japanese I posted:

Attachments

• fairline USMC.png
    fairline USMC.png
    19 KB · Views: 635
Top Bottom