Rallying call for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Rhye

's and Fall creator
As announced some days ago on rhye.civfanatics.net, RFC is in development.
A brand new map is already been made, and the core mechanics are slowly being built.

However, it needs your help.
I'm looking for volunteers for adapting the city names map (on Excel) to the civ5 format (another Excel file).
It's just a matter of patience: copy from the old file, paste and sometimes check the Atlas to see the right alignment.

Instructions:
->you need Excel 2007, to open Xlsx files.
-> Possibly, don't leave blank spaces. You should extend the area of some 1-tile cities instead. Doing research on new historical names would be far too long to do and largely unnecessary.
-> Copy the spelling exactly as it's written in the Civ4 map. Stressed words are already converted to the civ5 UTF format. You can directly copy and paste the tile, and colour it afterwards. Or you can copy and paste an adjacent cloloured tile, and copy and paste the text field from the civ4 sheet. It's very important that you don't miss any " or ,
-> Don't add new names or make corrections without approval

I will send a excel file of a specific civ to the one who asks that civ. Just post here and send me a notification by mail to gabrit20 [AT] yahoo.it

Currently assigned civs: England, China, USA, Rome, Siam, Russia, Japan
Completed civs: France, Germany, Spain, Inca, Arabia, Egypt, Greece, Rome
Available civs: all the rest, except Iroquois

I’d like to help. But, could you give me an idea on how long it would take to do a Civ? An hour? A day?

BTW, one of the reasons I got CiV for Windows via Bootcamp was because I wanted to play this mod! So it’s fantastic that you are starting.

:D

Time for city name pondering based on what we see in the pic.

Athens=Athenae or Athini
Sparta=Sparte
Corinth=Halicarnassus
Rome=Roma
Elephantine=Xou maybe?
Heliopolis=Per-Wadjet or Alexandria

Those names are still from English civ names imo - hence Corinth even though Corinth isn't actually in Turkey :p

I'm working on Greece now. How much should we be sticking to the old map? For instance, the Peloponnese is seven hexes in CiV but only two tiles in CIV. Should I make it so those two cities (Sparta and Corinth) fill the whole peninsular? Put them in the corresponding places and leave the rest blank? Fill the space with new city names?

That's a good question, actually. I'm currently working on France and I'm seeing more open spaces - which is to be expected, France is no longer ~25 tiles, it is about ~35 hexes. Do we make it so that cities such as Brest, Nantes or Rouen (for example) get more tiles each or should we get creative and fill in the gaps with new cities? Obviously most new names won't be as historically prominent, but in some cases it means previously "neglected" names get a chance to be seen.

Also, how do we go about typing accents so the game recognises them? Should I write:
Code:
"Fort Détroit",
or go with
Code:
"Fort Détroit",
just like the Civ IV maps did?

You probably will need help with the city-states as well since for example Brussels is spelled differently in French, German and Dutch;.

This is just a city map.

City renaming upon conquest is something that will come later, I suspect.

Top Bottom