QSC-C2r - Hannabaline & the 300 Spartans - Regent

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
This thread is the game report and progress thread for the Regent play section of the Quick Start Challenge game playing a comparative game for progress of two different groups of players. One group is playing the exact same game at Emperor while this group plays at Regent under the same starting conditions.

If you have not read the game setup description posted in the Registration thread for QSC-C2 please do so before attempting to begin play.

QSC-C2 Registration and Game Setup Thread

The players in this group are:

Skyfish
Stwils
Zagnut
Takeo
McDan
Ronald
Zenga
Nightfang
PattonTwo
Singularity

Remember that you must download and install the "Spartan Hoplite" unit folder before you may load the starting game file.

Also remember that your unique game identifier is QSC-C2r

The anticipated schedule of turns should be:

3550 BC (turn 10)
3050 BC (turn 20)
2590 BC (turn 30)
------ First reports with timelines and save file uploads by Thursday February 13th
2190 BC (turn 40)
1790 BC (turn 50)
1525 BC (turn 60)
------ Second reports with timelines and save file uploads by Sunday February 16th
1275 BC (turn 70)
1025 BC (turn 80)
775 BC (turn 90)
------ Third reports with timelines and save file uploads by Wednesday February 19th
570 BC (turn 100)
370 BC (turn 110)
170 BC (turn 120)
------ Fourth reports with timelines and save file uploads by Sunday February 23rd

Here is the link to download your starting save game file at Regent difficulty:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/hannabaline,_4000bc_regent.sav

Good luck to all players and please PM me or email me at qotm@civfanatics.net if you have any difficulties or questions.

-- cracker

QSC_C2r by Takeo

1ST turn

4000BC
moved settler south 1 square, worker roading and mining

3950BC
Carthage founded-warrior started, research pottery at 90%

3700BC
Carthage builds warrior and starts another, warrior goes
west, worker irrigated cow

3550BC
Carthage builds warrior and moves ne-start settler

--SAVE--

2ND turn

3450BC
pottery discovered-start research on bronze working at 50%

3350BC
Lux slider at 10%

3300BC
met americans, traded alphabet for bronze working and 7g
research set to wheel

3250BC
Carthage build settler-starts warrior, settler head ne
captured barb worker, sci at 50%, lux at 0%

3100BC
Utica founded to ne-start warrior

3050BC
Cartange builds warrior-starts granary

--SAVE--

3RD turn

2950BC
captured barb worker and worker start road home from furs

2900BC
Utica builds warrior-starts warrior

2850BC
declare war on americans and capture worker

2800BC
Lux slider to 10%

2750BC
met Iroquois, traded Alphabet for Ceremonial Burial

2710BC
met Aztecs, traded Masonry for Warrior Code

2670BC
pop-rushed granary in Carthage

2630BC
Carthage builds granary-starts settler, Utica builds warrior
starts settler, wheel researched-writing started

--END--

only had two cities, but should be able to knock one out
every 6 turns and fill up some space before trying to take
any enemy cities. also let them all get above size 1 so that
i don't destroy them.

Takeo

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Takeo_QSC_C2r_bc3550.SAV http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Takeo_QSC_C2r_bc3050.SAV http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Takeo_QSC_C2r_bc2590.SAV

Zenga Turns 1 - 30

4000BC(1)

With desert and flood plain so close and lying on bonus grass consider starting position. Also looks like a bonus or lux resource is peeking out of the fog. Move worker to hill E for a better view. Cow to SE of start, jungle seen to S, forests to E, lots of bonus grass by river. Decide to move settler to rejoin worker on hill E.

Quick check of F10.

3950BC(2)

Carthage founded on hill, start warrior. Worker S to cow.

Research set to Pottery at 100%, due in 10.

3900BC(3)

Worker starts irrigation on cow.

3850BC(4)

3800BC(5)

Worker finishes irrigating, starts road.

3750BC(6)

3700BC(7)

Carthage builds warrior, start worker. Worker finishes road and moves NE to bonus grass next to cow. Warrior moves W.

3650BC(8)

Warrior moves W to hill and sees elephants to his N that would have been in range of original start position. Worker starts mine.

3600BC(9)

Warrior S, climbs mountain for better view.

3550BC(10)

Warrior W to forest.

Research down to 30%, Pottery in 1.

Zenga 3550BC

3500BC(11)

Pottery researched, start The Wheel at 100% (due in 16).

Carthage builds worker, start warrior.

Worker2 goes NE to bonus grass. Worker1 finishes mine and starts road. Warrior W to plains.

3450BC(12)

Worker2 starts mine. Warrior W and faces a wall of jungle.

3400BC(13)

Worker1 finishes road and moves NE to next bonus grass. Warrior W reaches coastline.

3350BC(14)

Carthage builds warrior, start settler. Warrior2 goes N to hill.

Warrior1 goes S. Worker 1 starts mine.

3300BC(15)

Warrior1 S. Warrior 2 N. Worker2 finishes mine start road.

3250BC(16)

Warrior1 SE. Warrior1 W to mountain, revealing more ivory. Area seems not too bad, especially production wise, so far but not too many extra food resources. Will use worker2 as a pathfinder to the E once the road is finished.

3200BC(17)

Warrior 1 S to coastal mountain. Warrior2 N. Worker1 finishes mine, start road. Worker2 finishes road and moves NE to forest.

3150BC(18)

Carthage grows to size 3, lux tax to 10%.

Swap Carthage to granary. Worker2 starts forest chop. Warrior2 N. Warrior1 S to hill and spies light blue borders.

3100BC(19)

American scout comes into view near Carthage. Abe is cautious and has Warrior Code (WC) and Bronze Working (BW) but no Alphabet.

Warrior1 SE towards America. Warrior2 E and bumps into a barb worker. Worker1 finishes road and crosses the river to the bonus grass SW of Carthage.

Trade Abe Alphabet for WC and 17g (all he had). With The Wheel due in 4 this can hopefully get us towards a horse army.

3050BC(20)

Warrior1 SE to mountain near America, they have incense. Warrior2 E captures barb worker spotting furs at the same time. Slave worker makes wrong turn SW.

Zenga 3050BC

3000BC(21)

Warr1 SE. Warr2 E. Slave starts road. MM for shields for 2 turns, granary will complete in 2 when forest is cleared.

Sci down to 70%, Wheel in 2 still.

2950BC(22)

In the 'Most Advanced Nations' list we are seen as puny! The Americans are great, but we have a stronger military - 2 warriors!

Warr1 NE to mount. Warr2 E to hill on E coast.

Sci down again to 50%, Wheel in 1. What's the bet Abe gets it at the same time as us?

2900BC(23)

Wheel researched (2 horses close by us, 1 near Abe seen), start Writing at 80% (due in 23).

Carthage builds granary, start settler.

Warr1 SE. Warr2 SE along coast. Worker1 finished chop, start road.

Decide not to trade Wheel yet.

2850BC(24)

Warr1 E. Warr2 S, spots another barb worker near horse (are they always near resources?). Slave finishes road, moves N to fur.

Carthage size 4, lux tax up to 20%. Sci down to 70%.

2800BC(25)

Warr1 NE to hill. Warr2 SE to mount. Worker2 NW towards ivory. Worker1 SE to forest near horse. Slave starts road on fur.

2750BC(26)

Warr1 S. Warr2 SE. Worker1 starts road. Worker2 starts road.

Dark green border spotted up near slave, probably the Aztecs.

2710BC(27)

Carthage builds settler, start warrior (was going to maybe try another settler but the thought of a jag strolling into an undefended capital decided for me). Settler heading 3 tiles NW for horses (and ivory after expansion).

Warr1 S. Warr2 SW capturing slave. Slave2 moves to horse.

Lux back down to 10%.

2670BC(28)

Warr1 S. Warr2 NE heading for Carthage. Worker2 finishes road, moves to hill NW for road to 2nd city. Slave2 starts road on horses.

2630BC(29)

Carthage builds warrior, start settler. Warr3 heads after settler NW along road. Settler in place for founding town.

Warr2 nearly back at Carthage for MP. Warr1 S. Worker2 starts road on hill. Worker1 finishes forest road and moves NE to bonus grass of future city site - if we can settle quickly enough!

2590BC(30)

Utica founded, start warrior.

Warr1 S sees spices and southern coast? Warr2 MP in Carthage. Warr3 NW to mount NE of Utica.

Worker1 starts road.

Sci up to 80%, Writing in 12.

Zenga 2590BC

4000BC
CTRL-P to get settings like I want them. =P
Send worker southeast.
Establish Carthage.
Set production to warrior (5 turns)
Tech 20%, set to drive for Writing then Literature.

3950BC
Worker irrigates.

3850BC
Worker finishes irrigating, starts road.

3750BC
Warrior(W1) complete in Carthage, start another one (5 turns).
W1 west to hill.
Worker finishes road, southeast to cow.

3700BC
W1 northwest, spots all the ivory.
Worker irrigates cow.

3650BC
W1 north to hilltop.

3600BC
Worker finishes irrigating, start road.
W1 northwest to mountain.

3550BC
W1 north to mountain.

-----10 turns-----

3500BC
Warrior(W2) complete in Carthage, start Barracks.
Culture borders expand.
W2 south.
Worker finished with road, use CTRL-R to direct him to build road to nearest ivory.
W1 northwest.

3450BC
W2 south.
W1 northwest, spots a border.

3400BC
W1 north.
W2 south.

3350BC
An iriquois scout has come into view near W1.
W1 north, sees Aztec worker.
W2 south.

Hiawatha (Cautious) offers Pottery for Masonry. We accept, and he turns Polite. We offer Alphabet and he offers Ceremonial Burial and 10gp, which we accept.

3300BC
Switch Carthage from Barracks to Granary.
An American scout has appeared near W2.
W2 south.
W1 northwest.

Abe (Cautious) offers Bronze Working for Alphabet, which we accept, but he stays Cautious. He has no other techs to trade, so we say goodbye.

Monte (Polite) offers Warrior Code for Alphabet and 40gp, which we accept. We then offer Masonry and get back our 40gp.

3250BC
W2 southeast.
W1 northwest.

3200BC
W2 west.
W1 northwest.
Ivory is hooked up. Good, Carthage goes to size 3 next turn.

3150BC
W2 west.
W1 northwest.
Worker mines the ivory.
Carthage size 3, no tax adjustments needed.
Move citizen off irrigated shield grass onto Ivory. I did this to slow down pop growth while the Granary nears completion. At current rate, city would become size 4 and the granary would finish at the same time, still making us wait for it to fill up. This way, it will complete, then I can let it grow like crazy.

3100BC
W2 west.
W1 northwest.

3050BC
W2 west.
W1 northwest.

-----20 turns-----

3000BC
W1 west.
Move citizen back from ivory to irrigated shield grass. Granary in 3, growth in 5. :D
Worker southeast, irrgate desert.
W2 northwest.

Herodatus - Largest Nations
1. Aztecs
2. Iriquois
3. Greeks
4. Germans
5. Chinese
6. Americans
7. Persians
8. Carthiginians

2950BC
W2 northwest.
W1 northwest.

2900BC
Worker south to forest.
W2 north.
W1 northwest.

2850BC
Granary completes in Carthage. Start settler.
Worker to clear forest.
W1 northwest.
W2 northwest.

2800BC
W1 northwest.
W2 northwest.

2750BC
W2 north.
W1 northeast.
Increase Luxuries to 10% to make the 4 citizens in Carthage feel better.

2710BC
W2 north.
W1 southwest.

2670BC
W2 north.
W1 southwest.

2630BC
Settler completes, start Spartan Hoplite.
Settler northwest along road, then north to ivory.
Worker has forest cleared, start mining.
W2 north.
W1 southwest.

2590BC
Settler northeast, seems Aztecs are expanding my way. =/
W2 north.
W1 east.
Luxuries back to 0%.

-----30 turns-----

3550BC Save
3050BC Save
2590BC Save

QSC -C2r TimeLine

4000 – I move my settler one space south to avoid the desert squares in my initial build. The settler moves one space SE and sees cow, to which he will head next turn. The land looks promising, but I feel that the destiny of my people is with the sea. Oh, how I long to see the ocean again.

3950 – Carthage is founded and from the highest rooftop I can see the wonderful ocean, savior of my civilization, to the SE. Set science at 90% - Pottery in 10 turns. Build Warrior.

3900 – Worker irrigating cow square.

3800 – Irrigation complete. Worker building road.

3750 – Warrior completed. He is given instructions by my generals to head west to the top of the mountain and determine if the lands in that direction are suitable for a military factory.

3700 – Worker completes road to cow and heads across river to road and mine bonus square. Warrior sees elephant to the NW of Carthage and sends message back to capital by speeding guinea pig. We are all happy with his discovery.

3650 – Worker building road. Science reduced to 80% - Pottery in 3 turns. Carthage at 2 population.

3600 – Warrior on mountain to WSW sees furs in forest to W.

3550 – Second Warrior built and sent North. Pottery in one turn. Set science to 60%. Worker completes road and starts on mine. Elect to build Settler, but will switch to Granary next turn when Pottery is discovered.

3500 – Discover Pottery, Research Writing – Science set to 80%. My wise men encourage me to place all of my people’s knowledge in a great library which they call the Great Library – how novel.
Warrior 2, heading north, discovers second elephant.

3450 – From mountain top Warrior 2 sees third elephant. Sends word back to capital by carrier pigeon that first settler should head north. The soothsayers and I agree.

3400 – Worker completes mine and heads to bonus square just north of Carthage to road and mine.

3350 – Warrior 1 discovers ocean to the west.

3250 – Luxury slider set to 10% to stop disorder in Carthage. I forgot to anticipate that even though my soothsayers told me the dissident Firaxis was causing trouble in the city center.
From a mountaintop Warrior 1 spots a blue civ. Warrior 2 heading east. Worker building mine.

3200 – Warrior 2 sees barb worker on hilltop. Science slider set to 70%.

3150 – Lincoln contacts Warrior 1 and wants to trade Warrior Code for my Alphabet. But my Warrior is a crafty fellow. He already knows he has a code to follow and so bargains for Bronze Working and 8 gold instead. Lincoln agrees. Now the Spartan Hoplite is available to my people.
Warrior 2 heads north to try and capture the barb worker.

3100 – At this point I am sorely tempted to switch production in Carthage to Barracks and make that my military city. It has good shield production and I don’t see that many other great spots for a shield producing city. The flood plains to the north could be a good location for a city to produce settlers. But in the end I decide to stick to my original plan and make Carthage a settler factory. Wish I had Scouts to explore the territory.
Warrior 2 captures barb worker. Sends him back to Carthage with a message that more ocean and a fertile river delta lie to the east. Worker heads toward elephants to build road to connect to another city.

3050 – Warrior 1 heading east along northerly boundary of American lands.

2950 – Warriors still exploring. Worker completes road and moves onto elephant square. Granary completed and production switched to Settlers. Settler in 4 turns.

2900 – Carthage again goes into unrest. I have to remember to anticipate this!! Set luxuries at 20%. Science still at 70%. Writing in 15 turns. Warrior 2, to east, sees another barb worker. Sets off in pursuit.

2800 – An Iroquois Warrior appears north of Carthage near my Workers. They hail him, give him some beef jerky and bargain for the exchange of knowledge. He wants Alphabet and is willing to give Ceremonial Burial and all his gold (1). My Workers propose Warrior Code instead and he gives it, plus his one gold. They then bargain for the Wheel but he is not rolling in that direction. He finally agrees to give Ceremonial Burial to us for 25 gold. I pat my Workers on the head for a good trade.
Meanwhile, I send an emissary to Lincoln to trade for the Wheel, but he will have none of it.
Worker 2 captures another barb worker. The 2 Workers north of Carthage retreat one square toward capital in order to escape the clutches of the Iroquois Warrior.

2750 – 2 Workers return to road building toward the flood plain. The second captured barb worker is returning to Carthage to build a road to the east for a new city. Warrior 1 returning to Carthage to accompany Settler to flood plains.

2710 – First Settler built in Carthage. Sent to west to secure furs and many bonus squares, and to prevent their seizure by the Americans.

2630 – Warrior 1 heading west to join up with first Settler. Warrior 2 heading north to explore lands around flood plain. Barb Worker building road to east. Luxuries set to 10%.

2590 – 2 other Workers building road to west.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Zagnut_QSC_c2r_bc3550.sav http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Zagnut_QSC_c2r_bc3050.sav http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Zagnut_QSC_c2r_bc2590.sav

Main idea : I run a "Science Gambit" (TM)
With the great techs neoCarthage gets at the start and seeing that Pottery is so cheap, I deduct that the other civs already have Pottery and I run the risk to not research it but go for the advanced tech of Mathematics, hoping I can trade for the other smaller techs. I will push the gambit even further and go for Currency after that :eek:
I will also be generous with Techs in order to speed up the research on our continent.

4000bc : Move worker on hill to check around, see the Ivory, decide to move Settler on Forest SW to gain 1 Bonus grassland and keep 1 Ivory.
3950bc : NeoCarthage founded, set to warrior, min science on Mathematics, worker moved back to Bonus Grassland
3750bc : Warrior -> Warrior Bonus grassland mined starting road.
3650bc : scouting West/Southwest Worker now mining 2nd bonus grassland.
3500bc : Warrior -> Settler
3450bc : because of expansion, interesting choice on MM : by using the cow I get the settler in 7 turns and expansion in 7 turns which is perfect.
I decide to road to the cow and will then change the MM once my settler is produced.
3400bc : Warrior 1 reaches coastline.
3350bc : Worker completes road to mined bonus grassland
3250bc : Warrior 1 and 2 are now just going North and South through Mountain paths.
3200bc : Meet American Scout (Cautious), they have Pottery, WC and BW but can not get a 2 for 1 deal, maybe I can wait a bit more since I don't need the granary right now..
Settler now due in 2, Mathematics in 15, worker set to irrigate the cow. I can see a dark green border up north, see the Light blue border of America.
3100bc : Settler produced switch to Rax as prebuild for Granny,
3050bc : worker building road towards East and location of new city, settler also moving east.
ibt : Montezuma makes contact and offers WC for Masonry, let's negotiate something else : what about Masonry + Alphabet for CB, WC, BW + 35 gold (all their money) ?
"our forces outnumber the Aztecs" we only got 2 warriors !!!!!!!! Aztecs are now polite, go to America : Pottery + 17g (all their money) for Alphabet.
America still cautious.
3000bc : switch from Rax to granny
ibt : "Most powerful nations" NeoCarthage ! Aztecs and Americans. Good that our competitors are close by...
2900bc : See my first Barbarian worker ! what the hell are they doing ? can we capture them ? Carthage founded East on river / coast tile.
ibt : Palace extension
2850bc : NeoCarthage grows and granary due in 12 and pop 3 in 5 turns, Math in 6 turns, road to Carthage completed.
2750bc : See a purple border in N/NW. Americans have the Wheel
ibt : Iros make contact want Alphabet + 4g for the Wheel, OK all other civs have Alphabet anyway...
2710bc : Carthage completes Warrior -> Barracks.
2630bc : We capture Barb worker with Carth warrior, Math due in 1 turn, lux set to 10% to avoid riot in NeoCarth next turn and because we will go to min. science next turn.
ibt : Mathematics discovered, Research set to Currency at min level.
2590bc : NeoCarth will grow in 4 and build granny in 4, so I whip it (for 17 shields).
Complete tech parity plus I am up on Mathematics. Can see Horses within Carthage.
As far as the continent is concerned, I just need to check if there is any other civs South of America or North of Iros.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Skyfish_QSC_C2r_bc3550.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Skyfish_QSC_C2r_bc3050.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Skyfish_QSC_C2r_bc2590.SAV

4000BC: Move settler SW to forest tile. Worker start mine on shielded grass at start tile.

3950BC: Settle Carthage(C). Start researching Pottery,
science slider set to 90%. Discover Ivory to NW and Cattle
on grass to SE - within C future borders. Start warrior.

3850BC: Worker start road on mined grasstile.

3750BC: Warrior produced at Carthage. New warrior started. Road finished at grasstile. Worker moved to cattletile just two tiles SE. Warrior start exploring SW.

3650: Second lux resource, fur, discovered 5 tiles SW of C. Worker start irrigating Cattletile.

3550: Warrior finished at C. Worker start road on irrigated cattletile. Warrior climb hill NW of C. Second Ivory tile discovered to NW, 3 tiles away. Save made.

3500: Pottery researched. Started researching writing, science slider at 10%. Warriors to SW, now S. Discovers foreign borders 8-9 tiles S of C.

3450: Foreign civ is Americans. Contact established, no trade made as we want to keep Alphabet for ourselves a while longer. Production at C. Changed to Settler. Road at cattle finished. C. Grows to 2, expand in 5 turns, settler finished in 6. Worker moved to shielded grass W of C.

3400BC: Ocean discovered a few tiles W of American borders. Worker set to mine grasstile.

3350BC: Move warrior to the S due E, to find coastline E of American territory.

3300BC: Warrior to N discovers a barbarian worker! on hill 7 tiles NW of C.

3250BC: Mine finished on Grasstile. Worker start Roadwork on that tile.

3200BC: Barbarian worker captured :) Ocean discoverd a few tiles E of American territory. Will now try to contain their expansion by building to south of C. Worker moved unescorted SW towards C.

3150BC: Settler completed. Move settler to fur SW of C. Started prod of Settler at C. Traded 8G and Bronze for Alph. With America. He's tighter than usual... Move warrior at S towards NW at future city at the fur tile.

3100BC: Start Road at Flood plains N of C.

3050BC: Save made

3000BC: Rich lands to the NW with two major rivers running NE and E-NE. 10-11 tiles of fertile land on this corner of the continent. Start to ponder if containing americans is the right thing to do... Still majorly unexplored areas NW of C.

3000BC: Machiavelli states that we, the Glorious Carthaginians are the most powerful nation of the world. We learn that the other Civs in this game is in order of greatness; Americans, Aztecs, Iroquois, Greeks, Germans, Chinese and the forgotten Persians :). Worker start Road at Ebony N of C.

2950BC: Discovered second barbarian worker NE of C. Barbarian worker joins our own at ebony tile.

2900BC: Utica(U) founded at fur tile, 5 tiles SW of C. Ebony brought to C. Workers start to link U to C, with road at
Hills S of C. Warrior prod start at U.

2850BC: Palace expands. Warrior fortifies on Utica. Warrior captures Barb worker NE of C.

2800BC: Land NE of C. completely explored. Warrior set to automove to unknown lands 8 tiles N of C. 2. barb worker automoves to C. Warrior at U set to go to C to guard our unprotected capitol.

2750 New border appear in the explored lands 7 tiles N of C. Must claim the twin rivers land soon!

2670: Warrior produced at U. Set him to explore W of U. Settler completed in C Set to go to tile NE of second Ivorytile. Still not found a single Hut. Second warrior started at U. Third settler started at C Road finished at grasstile 2 tiles SW of C.

2590: Settler arrives at destination tile. Workers moved to grasstile 2 tiles NE of U, 2. barb worker joins the two others at this tile. Final save made for the first 30 rounds. First warrior reached hill one tile E of the foreign border to the north. Still no contact. 13 turns to third settler is complete at C. 3 turns to U grows and 4. warrior is complete. Still no time to start building Spartan Hoplites. Need warriors to cover my expansion and exploring. Warrior previously set to guard C moves toward second settler at future city location. Ponder to poprush granary at C instead of finishing 3. settler...

----

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Singularity_QSC_C2r_3550_BC.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Singularity_QSC_C2r_3050_BC.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Singularity_QSC_C2r_2590_BC.SAV

---

BTW Cracker, is it okay to post screens?
---
Ok, here is my growing empire at 2590. Love that start location:)

Sure screenies are OK.

Try to crop them slightly and resize them down to 80% etc in order to get the pixel width down to below 800 pixels (preferrably 600) because that works better in the forum lists withouth distorting the right hand margin too much.

I think it is better to use the upload feature and then use the IMG tag to embed images because that gives you lots of flexibility

I messed up a little numbering the turns so just look at the save dates and the log without worrying about the Turn numbers.

Turn #1
Carthage founded on the spot
Worker moves south to bonus spot

Turn#2 3950bc
Start researching Pottery
Worker mines bonus grass

Turn#3 3900bc
nothing

Turn#4 3850bc
set science to 60%

Turn#5 3800bc
Worker starts road

Turn#6 3750bc
Warrior produced/ set for another
Warrior moves north

Turn#7 3700bc
Worker moves to cow
Warrior moves norht west. Sees lots of ivory

Turn#8 3650bc
Warrior moves west
Worker mines cow

Turn#9 3600bc
Warrior moves west. So far sees nothing amazing

Turn#10 3550 bc
Carthage gets Warrior/ set to worker
both warriors move and see nothing...

Border expands
Turn#11 3450bc
Worker builds road
Warriors move but still nothing to behold

Turn#12 3400bc
Warrior moves west. Sees water
Other warrior goes north and sees nothing

Turn#13 3359bc
We get Worker/set to Settler
New worker moves toward ivory
Warrior peers through jungle at the coast on the west

Turn#14 3300bc
worker builds road to ivory/other worker joins him
Warriors still don't find anything worth reporting

Turn #15 3250bc
nothing big to report

Turn #16 3200bc
We get Pottery/ set to Writing
both workers road on ivory
warriors move but nothing big to see yet

Turn#17 3150
Warrior moves north. Spots a border. (ah. Somebody else is here.)
workers complete road to ivory and that is good news

Turn#18 3100bc
worker mines ivory
warrior moves closer to the blue bordered civ

3050bc
Warrior steps over the border! They are Aztecs!
Workers move to hill
Other warrior sees an aqua border to the southwest

3100bc
We trade Masonry for Ceremonial Buriel with Montezuma
We then trade Alphabet for Bronze Working with him
Workers mine the hill
Warrior moves nearer the aqua border. (who is inside it?)

3000bc
We move away from Aztecs

Report comes that the Aztecs are leading followed by Iroquois. Carthage is 3rd.
Warrior discovers the Americans
(We will produce Settler next turn. Where to send him????)

2900bc
We trade Alphabet for Warrior Code with Lincoln
Workers now road hill

2850bc
Warriors move hoping to find a good place for the settler

2800bc
We get settler/ set to Spartan Hoplite!
Moved settler - (*^(*& hit wrong arrow. He did not go where I wanted him to.
Warrior moves and sees barb worker

2750bc
We capture the barb worker (What do you do with a captured barb worker outside a city?)
I moved him!
Settler moves looking for a good place to build

2710bc
Barb worker irrigates.
Move settler in that direction

2630bc
Warrior near Americans on coast wonders what to do. He moves south
Settler moves toward the river and the coast in the east

2670bc
Workers mine
settler moves east
warrior goes along east coast near Americans

2630bc
Settler is by river

2590bc
Utica founded near furs
Both warriors move

I can't seem to rename them inside the game. Will try to attach my name somehow on the saves.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Hannibaline_of_the_Carthaginians,_3550_BC2.SAV

stwils 3550bc

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Hannibaline_of_the_Carthaginians,_3050_BC1.SAV

stwils 3050bc

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Hannibaline_of_the_Carthaginians,_2590_BC.SAV

stwils 2590

Cracker, I am so sorry I messed up. I just forgot to name the game as such when I saved the game, and I can't seem to go back in a rename them. I should have remembered how I did this from the last time I played a QSC.

stwils

I realize the way I have sent my saves is impossible to tell whose they are. I will try to send them as attachments.

stwils 3550bc

stwils,

Don't worry about it; things will get easy for you with time. ;)

The naming convention is just to try an prevent everyone from trying to use the same exact filenames because that might create a nightmare. The key step is for you to rename the save files after they are saved if that is a last resort. You need your name and the game_date_year in the save file name as a minimum in order to keep from accidently overwriting your own files or conflicting with someone elses name.

Good luck,

cracker

Thanks, Cracker, for being so tolerant of my bungling.:)

So let's see if I get this right. When I save a game (as I am playing) do I need to give it the new name there in the game itself? (You know, stwils_QSC etc. instead of Elizabeth of the English or whatever.) So then when I browse for the upload, it will pick up this name?

How on earth have I forgotten how to do this??:(

I will say, that as I was playing today, the phone kept ringing, and I saved a lot in order to answer the phone. Then when I went back in, I could not rename the saves.

stwils

Do you know how to rename a file in windows?

I will show the steps briefly:

- Open up the Harddrive you installed the game on, for instance C drive.

- Go to the folder named Program Files , then to the folder Infogram Interactives. Open Civilization III folder, then Saves folder. Now you should have the root saves under a folder named autosave. Rename the saves by clicking directly on the filename twice slowly, dont doublecklick as this will open the file. You want to correct to stwils_QSC_C2r_XXXXBC.sav.

To avoid sweating through the folders you can just look at the name of your old C2r saves and keep the XXXXBC date when you make the save while playing the game.

Hoping to get this save to work:

preturn: date 4000 BC
SInce depostion wll go for the food points and settle right there - look forward to what others do.
worker to build road to cattle - givews us 3 Food, 1 Sh, and 1 G - vs. the Ivory. (I did not reduce the #'s due to despotism but know that food is our priority now.
Set for Bronze workings
check slider - keep as is
other civs of course unknown but not in top 5 citiies - all at one

Turn one: 3900- build with worker to cattle

Turn Two: 3850 (?)

14 g, only +2 pt, BW in 29 turns, no contacts
move worker to continnue road, warrior in 1 more turn]

Turn Three: 3750 BC
Carthage has city name buy the way -had has a warrior. He is now set for settler.
Warrior moves N to explore leaving town abandoned

Turn Four: 3650 BC

worker completes road to cattle, now is in first tier tiles mining boncus grassland.

Turn 5: 3650 B

24 G in pot
slider looks good
warrior discoveres 3 elephants and moves NW

Turn 6: 3550 BC due to land posiotion- warrior heads W to explore

chekc slider OK
histrograph and world rankings - we are not there yet !

upload issues - :(

see stwills you are not alone in this!

will work more and get this posted along with other played 20 turns.

Top Bottom