Succession Game - GOTM24 Scenario

Originally posted by mad-bax
CivGeneral: I am going to put you on Vanilla CivIII Roster A, if that's OK. If you haven't played Vanilla GOTM lately you have a big download and some instructions to follow. Nice to have you with us.

Thanks :). I have not played the GOTM on Civ3 Vanilla, so I would expect to Download a huge file. Luckly I dont have to deal with Floppies since I can just plug in my USB FLash Drive and load it in there. Once done, I can head to my Laptop and transfer it to it. (Since I have yet to get an exstention phone cable from my Phone Jack to the Sofa)

I just ran across your posts and it should be fun for everyone. Is there a way I can have the start file to play on my own. I played a nd finished the open class with space victory. No amount of gifting helped their attitude. I would love to play from the other island. It looks like they had more trouble than the Han gave us on ours.

CivGeneral: Yes, I am in the same boat. I doubt you will be ableto download the big "full install", I've tried a couple of times. You may have to download the full install for GOTM21 and then the three patches for subsequent games. There is also a graphics enhancement pack that you might like.

Barbslinger: Space is quite right (as usual). If you sign up in this thread or PM me I will add you to the roster. Just be sure to let me know whether you want to play PTW or CivIII.

If on the other hand you really don't want to play with us, then you can play solo by downloading the 4000BC save from the threads linked in the first post of this thread. They will not be available until 9th November however.

Either way, have fun. :)

Thanks for the welcome wagon. (Should that be a CIV unit?). I play PTW and as I type have my new Conquests ready to load so I can re-kick some Yamamoto a$$. I played the Korean GOTM with PTW but at launch crashed due to some pediaicon message. I think my CIV3 still works though. I have an icon and the disk. I prefer PTW because I played Koreans with that. I think I will have to reload something to get rid of the pediaicon error. I would hate to think it would mess up an SG game.
Anyway I really enjoyed that GOTM and when I saw your thread I couldn't resist. If you have room I will be available to add my .02 yen.

barbslinger: I'll add you to the PTW Roster, but I would urge you to PM cracker about your Pediaicon issue. I believe (though I am not certain) that this was a known issue with a known fix. I am confident that cracker will be able to give you the information you need to play this game.

BTW: Welcome :)

If you re-download the setup and re-install then the problem will be resolved.

Alternatively, download the GotM start save. The updated Pedia file is in there too.

Ted

I was wondering if it is possible to swap me to the A team? GK, Bugsy and I are sort of partners in crime.

gormdragan: Find someone who is willing to swap with you and I'll do it, no problem. If I just do it then I may upset the person I swap you with. Though in your shoes I'd like the chance to play against them. ;)

Hmm, you are absolutely right. Playing against them kind of intrigues me. Destiny has placed us on opposite sides, so be it.

Don't worry Gormdragan. They'll have me on their side to cramp their style ;)

Top Bottom