World Congress Host Tie priority?

stargunner

Chieftain
In a recent game, myself (Polynesia) and Russia tied for new host of the World Congress. everyone voted for themselves. I was chosen as the new host. Does anyone know why? I can't find any information about how it prioritizes a player in the event of a tie.

Were either of you the incumbent? Maybe it prioritizes the incumbent or the challenger?

I don't know the answer but here is my guess:

Scenario 1: Incumbent vs. Challenger
In the case of a tie, the incumbent wins.

Scenario 2: Challenger vs. Challenger
Player with the higher game score wins.

It goes by Player order from what Ive seen in MP games, same thing with first host, in a teams game if my friend and I discover printing press, it gives host to whoever is player 1 and not player 2

In single player, the player is PLAYER 1

I have tied many times for second place and always seem to get the right to pick a resolution so yes I would agree that it goes by player order.

Im not sure that this is based on player order. I agree, the person who is first on the list will get the tech for hosting the congress and therefore the host first but only because the player order dictates that his tech was actually researched first as in chronologically he literally was the first to reach it due to the turn order. This question is referring to a tie during a voting session which im not sure is determined by order. Id imagine in single player it might just always give up the bonus to the human. Im also curious, does anyone know what happens in the event of a tied policy vote? Havent seen this happen yet but have come pretty close.

Also whether or not you get to propose a resolution at all is based on who has the most delegates after the host. So you always get to propose one because you have more delegates than anyone else even though you may not be host. I also dont know what happens in the event that someone has more votes that the host (this would only happen if someone was allied with every CS on the map and the host player had ONLY their delegate/host bonus votes) Does this person then take over the first resolution position while the second highest total also proposes and the host doesnt propose at all? Or is the host guaranteed a proposition due to their status?

So how about this situation. I am playing a game as Assyria, there are 6 AI opponents. I went hardcore war and I wiped out 4 of them already.

Korea and Pocatello are left, the next era showed up and Pocatello had 6 delegates, I had 3, Korea had 3. I wanted to see what would happen in a tie, so I voted for Korea.

Pocatello had 6 botes
Korea had 3
I had 3...

Korea voted for me.. but what is odd is that Korea became the world leader. Wahhhh?

I am still confused by this.

Im not sure that this is based on player order. I agree, the person who is first on the list will get the tech for hosting the congress and therefore the host first but only because the player order dictates that his tech was actually researched first as in chronologically he literally was the first to reach it due to the turn order. This question is referring to a tie during a voting session which im not sure is determined by order. Id imagine in single player it might just always give up the bonus to the human. Im also curious, does anyone know what happens in the event of a tied policy vote? Havent seen this happen yet but have come pretty close.

Also whether or not you get to propose a resolution at all is based on who has the most delegates after the host. So you always get to propose one because you have more delegates than anyone else even though you may not be host. I also dont know what happens in the event that someone has more votes that the host (this would only happen if someone was allied with every CS on the map and the host player had ONLY their delegate/host bonus votes) Does this person then take over the first resolution position while the second highest total also proposes and the host doesnt propose at all? Or is the host guaranteed a proposition due to their status?

My situation I was referring to being tied for delegates on a vote. I had 1 delegate like all other civs except for the host and it seems I always got the right to vote on a proposal.

If a proposal gets a tied amount of votes yeah and nay then it fails. I have had this happen a few times.

Nothing is inconsistent if another player has more delegates than the host. The host and the person who have the most delegates get to propose resolutions. If the host has the most delegates, then it is the second most.

I have tied many times for second place and always seem to get the right to pick a resolution so yes I would agree that it goes by player order.

Those are two different but related things. The two civ's with the most delegates get to propose resolutions. The vote for host is unrelated.

And to my experience, ties go to the incumbent.

So how about this situation. I am playing a game as Assyria, there are 6 AI opponents. I went hardcore war and I wiped out 4 of them already.

Korea and Pocatello are left, the next era showed up and Pocatello had 6 delegates, I had 3, Korea had 3. I wanted to see what would happen in a tie, so I voted for Korea.

Pocatello had 6 botes
Korea had 3
I had 3...

Korea voted for me.. but what is odd is that Korea became the world leader. Wahhhh?

I am still confused by this.

Hmm interesting situation. I know that if a resolution besides leader ties, then it fails.

Was Korea the current host? If so it may just default to the host remaining in charge. If not, than it may have given it to Korea because it can't tie, and Korea had the votes of 2 different civs, while Pocatello only had the votes of himself.

Those are two different but related things. The two civ's with the most delegates get to propose resolutions. The vote for host is unrelated.

And to my experience, ties go to the incumbent.

You are incorrect. ( Just verified it in the manual in the sticky) It is the host and the person with the most delegates that get to propose. If the host has the most, it is the person with the second most.

Top Bottom