Announcing BUFFY

Excuse me but... I guess there is no vampire in this mod? :D
Spoiler :
Sorry for this. Really good job :goodjob:

OK, I have to admit that finally merging those mods puts those who worked on it in close proximity to my personal Gods!

:thanx:

Can't wait to use it! First I'd like to know how to merge with Better AI BTS. Does Dresden's guide still apply or is this not possible because BUFFY is already using it's own DLL? :confused:

For those that need a link to the original merging guide: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=296534

BUFFY has its own DLL, and even if you could merge Better BTS AI with BUFFY's DLL, you wouldn't be able to submit GOTM or HOF games using it. Instead, grab BUG (we'll be doing a release for it very soon) and merge it using that article.

I get the no interface problem using BUG with 3.17. Only happens when 'Lock Modified Assets' was checked; leave it unchecked and BUG Interface worked. :confused:
BUFFY requires v3.19 patch. The issue with the 'Lock Modified Assets' and the interface sounds like you have BUG installed under the customassets directory. At the moment, BUFFY and BUG (installed under customassets) don't play nice together. Rename your customassets folder or edit the BUFFY.ini file in the BUFFY mod directory to ignore customassets.

Code:
; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1

When I start a custom game, I can see an option for Rising Sea.

Is the Global Warming mod included in BUFFY? Or is this something wrong with my settings?
Yes. The Global Warming mod was added as one of the HOF additions.

EDIT... Hmm I found it in the GameSetUpCheck and BULL revisions.txt in the mod so I guess it's meant to be there. I now wonder, is the GW mod small enough a change to gameplay to be considered for HOF?
I'll let the HOF guys answer this question. In my opinion, the inclusion of such an awesome mod as BUG into HOF play will radically improve everyone's performance. However, my opinion may be slightly bias here :sad:

I don't think it's in the list of changes at the top of this thread.
True, but we probably missed lots of items.

BUFFY requires v3.19 patch. The issue with the 'Lock Modified Assets' and the interface sounds like you have BUG installed under the customassets directory. At the moment, BUFFY and BUG (installed under customassets) don't play nice together. Rename your customassets folder or edit the BUFFY.ini file in the BUFFY mod directory to ignore customassets.

Code:
; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1
Thanks, I'll do that when I upgrade. Trying to finish WOTM20 under 3.17.001 first.

Terrific job! Looking forward to using the new BUG and BULL versions when they are released as standalone downloads.

BTS Unaltered Fun For You ?

-- I'm actually hesitating between Unaltered/Unlimited, and Fun/Fame; which still makes 4 possibilities :p

How do I switch off the warnings that the game doesn't meet the HoF criteria? As an aside why does the credit screen show BTS 3.17?

How do I switch off the warnings that the game doesn't meet the HoF criteria?
You can't via the option tabs. Try editing BUFFY.ini file under UserSettings. I am not 100% if it will work.

Code:
[BUFFY]

Show BUFFY Warnings on Dawn of Man = True
Show BUFFY Warnings on Settings = True
As an aside why does the credit screen show BTS 3.17?
oops.

As an aside why does the credit screen show BTS 3.17?

3.19 came out when we were nearly done with BUFFY and doing play-testing. We were very cautious not to add anything that wasn't absolutely necessary during such time. I was probably overly-cautious in not fixing that nor changing the BUFFY version # to be 3.19.001 to match the mod folder.

BTW, I think I found a bug already. The whip overflow in the whip button hover (lower-right where flag usually is) and city bar hover isn't shown unless you select "Include Current Production" in the options screen. And in that case, it doesn't seem to actually include the current turn's production. The Production Bar on the City Screen works as it should (check that second box only to include this turn's production).

Hi, I'm trying to play BUFFY in multiplayer, but the game starts with an OOS error, after that OOS errors frequently occur!
We also have BUG 3.6 installed, mutliplayer install (third option during install). ( bug runs perfectly in multi!)
Any ideas how to solve this ? Thanks.

unbelievable i had nomore excuse not to play Games of the months... Great job.

While i am posting on topic Buffy has any problems/ thing needed to be done on Vista? Cause i will try installing it on laptop sometime...

Haven't test it yet, but I really dreamt about this (BUG/hof's son lol)...

Tx u guys!

While i am posting on topic Buffy has any problems/ thing needed to be done on Vista? Cause i will try installing it on laptop sometime...

If you want to submit XOTMs ot HOF games under Vista, you may have issues. If you get warning messages for valid HOF/XOTM games please look here for fixes.

Congratulations on the release and thanks to everyone involved! :) Keep up the great work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Bottom