End of Empires - N3S III

Glad to see this updated. Can I take over Sira?

Hmm. Two things to keep in mind are 1) this will not be updated again until May (I know, I know, but between college, finals, and going to a different country for a while, I won't be able to give this full attention), and 2) Sira's pretty heavily linked with Maninism, which would be Cuivienen's province.

But, of course you can, assuming you're okay with 1). :)

It was 55,000, though only about 40-45,000 actually fought.

More like 70,000 in the western theater, and only about 50,000 fought (and about 40,000 died somewhere along the way, wait until you see these casualties... :D). In the eastern theater, it was more like 25,000.

That was the idea...whether or not the Satar actually won anything, my original goal (both IC and OOC) was to get rid of the moribund, stagnant empires that have been piddling away the last thousand years in a generally static fashion.

Technically, maritime commercial empires are generally more dynamic, and I wholly intend to stagnate the hell out of this world with violence and oppression, but thanks anyway.

Now what exactly do you want to do with the Satar? Whichever of the Seven did not die will most likely be assassinated or otherwise discredited, but if you can get the High Oracle (Ishalia) to agree to terms, the Satar will agree.

I'll ponder it, but in the meantime, aren't your nobles and principal leaders all locked up in Magha? Or did the High Oracle and some others somehow escape to the north?

Alternatively, they could swear a blood vengeance on all Uggor and make the Sesh and its' environs a living hell for the next couple centuries.

It's tempting. An eternal war will do wonders for our martial spirit, and the River Sesh would be so much nicer if it was a horrible wasteland, in my humble opinion (we never liked the fish-people that much, if you haven't noticed). Still, I'll give your other offer a thought.

In an OOC sense, I'm disappointed that my state survived in a recognizeable form. :p I might have to shake things up a little bit more.

As I said, destroying several principal trade centers would, in a realistic world, have been enough to trigger a veritable mini-Dark Age (compare: the Bronze Age Collapse, or the Mongol invasions and the Middle East after them), at least in the more affected regions. I will do my part to make this dream reality, ofcourse, but your help and the help of all others in position to do harm will be greatly appreciated (to say nothing of North King's cooperation).

I know the Kratoan force totalled 57,000. 55,000 levies and 2,000 professionals. So yeah, there were probably about ten thousand more troops than just the Kratoans.

Hmm.... I'll take this into consideration. The Duroc people are closely tied with the Uggor. Hopefully we can end this quickly.

I was totally unaware Levies could be called upon in such numbers?!?!

Will this have a very draining effect on your nation?

It depends entirely on your manpower how much one can levy. And if you levy close to the maximum amount of manpower, yes it will be draining.

edit: And this update was true a true mammoth made of awesome. Excellent work NK!

The Krato have a lot of manpower, though.

Which reminds me: North King, even with all the losses in Bisria taken into account, please don't forget a near-century's worth of population growth this time. :p I know I've nagged about that many enough times, but just think of how embarrassing it will be for everyone if you update the stats and forget that again.

Hmm. Two things to keep in mind are 1) this will not be updated again until May (I know, I know, but between college, finals, and going to a different country for a while, I won't be able to give this full attention), and 2) Sira's pretty heavily linked with Maninism, which would be Cuivienen's province.

If this was going to be updated next week, I wouldn't have time.

Maninism is part of the potential fun, as I don't think I've played in a similar situation. Fighting constant wars to try and convert everyone on this side of the Lovi Sea to it will be a new experience. Das's Dark Age is just icing on the cake.

Sadly, I am across the ocean, so I can't attack help you directly. :(

Like I've said before I have a rebellion in my territory, my manpower is probably decreased, and many of my cities are still not rebuilt.

But yeah, I had tons of manpower. I intended to use that to my advantage. :mischief:

and I wholly intend to stagnate the hell out of this world with violence and oppression,

You can certainly try. :p

I'll ponder it, but in the meantime, aren't your nobles and principal leaders all locked up in Magha? Or did the High Oracle and some others somehow escape to the north?

The High Oracle was not in Magha. Most of the garrison there are nobility, but not high nobility.

As I said, destroying several principal trade centers would, in a realistic world, have been enough to trigger a veritable mini-Dark Age (compare: the Bronze Age Collapse, or the Mongol invasions and the Middle East after them), at least in the more affected regions. I will do my part to make this dream reality, ofcourse, but your help and the help of all others in position to do harm will be greatly appreciated (to say nothing of North King's cooperation).

I don't see why you think they haven't. It's only been like half a decade since the sack of Trovin (or some similar amount of time; I don't actually remember the year to be honest), and there's plenty of time for Dark Ages. Please be patient. ;)

Which reminds me: North King, even with all the losses in Bisria taken into account, please don't forget a near-century's worth of population growth this time. :p I know I've nagged about that many enough times, but just think of how embarrassing it will be for everyone if you update the stats and forget that again.

Not terribly. :p Moti have never been terribly manpower heavy for one reason or another (which will make building a world-empire somewhat difficult, but I trust you know that). But that [probably] will be "fixed."

You can certainly try. :p

As I said, Thlayli sort of gave me a head start by wiping out all those cultural centers and stuff.

I don't see why you think they haven't. It's only been like half a decade since the sack of Trovin (or some similar amount of time; I don't actually remember the year to be honest), and there's plenty of time for Dark Ages. Please be patient. ;)

I have been waiting for it since the (latest) fall of Sesh; that alone would've been enough to seriously cut into Trilui's and Farun's little golden age. But fine, I'll wait some more. ;)

Moti have never been terribly manpower heavy for one reason or another (which will make building a world-empire somewhat difficult, but I trust you know that).

Sure, sure, but between the conquered populations, the added living space via colonisation of western Bisria and the relative prosperity of up until this current war, I still think I am justified in expecting a little population growth over all this time. The world empire is going to be difficult, but I think I have a few ideas as to how it could all work out.

Out of curiosity, what has become of Raenacu Aramsayafa, the rogue general who set out to fight alongside the Moti?

OoC: Heh, degreening is a much quicker process than greening, hence why northern forests are such diversity wastelands. As a point of interest, which way is the planet turning?

OOC: I think someone else in this thread said this already.

I think I should I more manpower as well.

I have taken over and mostly assimilated the Stadmen.

I have opened trade with the Nahari.

I have tons of Pra... Privateers.

I'm somewhat surprised that the Opulensi haven't attacked you already. You're being pretty darn brazen with your piracy on their shipping.

OOC: I think someone else in this thread said this already.

Err, yes; and judging by the quote it might just have been Disenfrancised. What does that have to do with anything?

I'm somewhat surprised that the Opulensi haven't attacked you already. You're being pretty darn brazen with your piracy on their shipping.

Privateers my friend, they do wonders to their mother country and terrors to their enemies.

Top Bottom