Orions Mod Collection

Hate to be a pest with what are probably noobish questions, but...

When I loaded your Mod, it has the standard BTS loading screen with the "Combined Forces" tag up in the corner. However, when I checked your units, wonders, and such, I didn't see anything different from the base game.

I also checked concept since I was curious how armies worked before I got deep into the game, but I did not see anything in the Civilopedia.

I am curious if this installed correctly. It is currently loaded as:

...Beyond the Sword/Mod/Combined Forces for WOC BUG/WOC/Assets

By the way, looking at the mod components you have listed in your first post, is this mod a compilation of all of those or do I need to add those myself? If so, any quick instructions on how to include some of them? Please assume that I am a blithering idiot if you have some process you use since I have no idea how to merge/make a mod. :)

Jennvare, Unless you are using WoC modules and BUG, you should download the standard version. In the zip file you will find the standard folder. Under this folder is the CombinedForces folder. Copy the CombinedForces folder and paste it in your C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods folder. Run Civ4 BTS ver 3.19 and load the CombinedForces mod. The Combined Forces mod should now run and the game should now show all of the new units and buildings.

Enjoy!

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Perfection cannot be achieved.

Perfection cannot be achieved.

:lol: Yes indeed. We are all human and humans do make mistakes. God knows I have made my share of them. So the best we can do is strive for perfection, even though we may never quite achieve it. Note: I was using a game quote to illustrate my reasoning for removing the units and buildings not directly associated with combined units. I worked on this mod nearly every day for weeks, troubleshooting this, changing that, adding something new, and removing that which was not really needed. The end result should be a rock solid mod. We shall see. :)

We are all human and humans do make mistakes.
I'm inhuman, and perfect in every way. (however, Perfection was never "achieved", I was born that way)

Turns out that the Combined Forces Mod is not as "perfect", as I would like it to be. Therefore, I will be posting an update that fixes the following python issues:

1. Fixed None type error. This error occurred on rare occasions.

2. Fixed priority selection of Training Instructors. The selection by the AI to produce these units will now be randomised. Result, a more diverse selection of AI combined units.

3. Fixed AI code for TI placement to be more efficient.

4. Fixed bug that crashed the python due to a missing definition for the leadership promotion.

5. Fixed Air Force upgrade costs to 3, 4 or 5 times the base cost, depending upon the current Air Combat promotion. Combined units have no upgrades, but Air Force units can be upgraded at a huge cost. Result: An Air Force unit's combat strength increases significantly with an upgrade.

6. Made a few adjustments in the Civ4UnitInfos.xml file.

Update is now done.

On the download page are a series of pictures that walk you through the process of creating an Ancient Army unit, using Axemen. The first picture shows the required tech for creating combined units. After researching the Organized Warfare tech, I built a Training Instructor. Placing the Training Instructor in a city, with enough units to create a combined unit, enables the Build Army button. Once I push the button, I must select the Era, which determines the default number of units that can selected for the combined unit. Since my research has put me in the Classical Era, I wanted to select the Ancient Era for my Army. Chosing the Ancient Era allows me to select 4 Axemen; as opposed to only 3 units, if I selected the Classical Era. For this example, each of the 4 Axemen had different promotions. A single Axeman has a strength of 5 and combining 4 of them gives me an Army unit with a combined strength of 20. Additionally, the Army retained most of the promotions from the 4 Axemen. This is exactly what the last picture shows. Utilizing a unit in the Classical Era, with a strength of 20 and having several promotions, will be very powerful indeed. :D

Since the Combined Forces mod is now working, it's on to the next project towards the release of Grand Inquisitions. Next on the list is to make some performance improvements to the Mine Warfare Mod. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to the Mine Warfare Mod, but previous projects took a lot longer than expected. I will be making extensive code changes and running a multitude of performance tests. After, Mine Warfare is upgraded, I will then combine all of my mods in standard format and release Grand Inquisitions. I have no doubt that Grand Inquisitions will be a big success. :cool:

1. A multitude of python code processing changes have vastly improved the performance speed of the Mine Warfare Mod.

2. Modified the Plot rating system to improve the AI plot selection for mine placement.

3. Replaced the graphics for the Land Mine Sweeper (I used the Area 51 graphic, which looks a lot better).

4. Dramatically improved the performance for the AI decision over which mine to produce.

5. Made decision not to add the Mine hunter, but instead make the Mine Sweeper an invisible unit, like mines and spies (Currently under development).

6. Creating seek out and destroy mission code for the AI Mine Sweeper (Currently under development).

7. AI will now arm nuclear mines on unowned plots outside of it's cultural border.

The mod is already far superior to what it was previously. I anticipate just a few more weeks, before I can release this update. :)

How soon for Grand Inquisitions?

Grand Inquisitions includes all of my mods and the WoC version is nearly complete, as it is waiting on the Mine Warfare upgrade -- nothing else. All other sub mods are working nicely. So when I release the upgrade for Mine Warfare, Grand Inquisitions will also be released.

hey orion,

how are you?

i hope your still around here,
i wanna ask - which mod parts of your mods, are multiplayer compatible? the army mod is up for it? and limited religions?

thanks in advance.

I'm still here, but I have to go now. I will answer your questions in detail tomorrow.

hey orion,

i wanna ask - which mod parts of your mods, are multiplayer compatible? the army mod is up for it? and limited religions?

thanks in advance.

The Army mod is now obsolete. Please use the Combined Forces Mod instead. Mine Warfare is currently being updated with huge code changes. AI Mine placement has been dramatically improved. However, I'm still having difficulties getting the Mine Sweeper changes to work right. It will come with time. Once Mine Warfare is finished, I will post my big upgrade to Grand Inquisitions, which includes all of my mods, which do play well in multiplayer. I can say that with confidence, as a multiplayer game played flawlessly in Grand Inquisitions last Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, I'm convinced that my versions of Limited Religions and Inquisitions are far more reliable than the SDK versions found in other mods. Both were just updated, with some minor performance changes and a multiplayer tweak. I have updated several (actually 6) of my other mods and will be posting those updates over the next few days. They include: The immigration mod, the Health Care Mod, Leonardo's Work Shop, Longevity, The Petra Monastery and the Sphinx Wonders.

The Army mod is now obsolete. Please use the Combined Forces Mod instead. Mine Warfare is currently being updated with huge code changes. AI Mine placement has been dramatically improved. However, I'm still having difficulties getting the Mine Sweeper changes to work right. It will come with time. Once Mine Warfare is finished, I will post my big upgrade to Grand Inquisitions, which includes all of my mods, which do play well in multiplayer. I can say that with confidence, as a multiplayer game played flawlessly in Grand Inquisitions last Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, I'm convinced that my versions of Limited Religions and Inquisitions are far more reliable than the SDK versions found in other mods. Both were just updated, with some minor performance changes and a multiplayer tweak. I have updated several (actually 6) of my other mods and will be posting those updates over the next few days. They include: The immigration mod, the Health Care Mod, Leonardo's Work Shop, Longevity, The Petra Monastery and the Sphinx Wonders.

May i suggest then, that you put an (example) updated 22 Apr 11, 3:00 pm, next to EACH mod you do then, on the 1st post, just makes it easier for people to understand what you are doing and what isnt or haven't been updated and since when, that way they dont d/l the same thing time after time, just a thought.

Top Bottom