[SDK] Advanced Unit Automations

Originally Posted by os79 View Post
Reason: The CCV and Destiny mods have AUA but not all these cool configurations that are available in RAND at present.

Destiny is done - but not released yet, updating other parts of the mod at the moment will release all at once.

Happy Thanksgiving gifts! Yay!
Thanks!

I checked, Thomas. No, you had not done it yet in Patch H. You mean you had done it in Patch I, coming soon, right?

Am I doing something wrong? The "Hunt" automation does not seem to work against barbarian units. I have been trying it out in my Subdue Animals mod and the hunter units with this automation avoid animals. Unfortunately the hunter unit is specially designed to catch such units. :(

Am I doing something wrong? The "Hunt" automation does not seem to work against barbarian units. I have been trying it out in my Subdue Animals mod and the hunter units with this automation avoid animals. Unfortunately the hunter unit is specially designed to catch such units. :(

With 1.75, I can answer your question. However if you are playing with 1.74, then there will be unsatisfactory answer.

Playing with 1.75:
Play with a stack of your units that can "Hunt". Then go into BUG option and go to Automation page. Go down to Hunt section and adapt odds that the units will generally attack or above. Then click on Suiciding units. The mathematical aspect of suiciding odds is this ATTACK! = (Odds you set in there) divided by (total units in the stack hunting. So if you have 5 warriors (for example), and set Hunting Odds at 50%, then normally they will only attack with 50% or better odds. But with suiciding units on, you will expect to see weakest warrior of 5 to attack at 10% or better odds.

For 1.74:
Afforess set Hunt's odds in C++, and I don't know the exact odds. I'm assuming here: 70% maybe. So that make it hard for units in 1.74 to attack if auto hunting.

See why I love 1.75 AUA incarnations :D.

Doubling posts at both RAND main forum's Bugs Reporting thread and AUA stand-alone thread:

You might want to consider tossing out Worker Automations for Cities. Just leave National Automation portion but remove Cities.

Reason:
After capturing/colonizing high amount of cities, the BUG Options becomes too laggy when calling it up (Ctrl+Alt+O).

With 1.75, I can answer your question. However if you are playing with 1.74, then there will be unsatisfactory answer.

Playing with 1.75:
Play with a stack of your units that can "Hunt". Then go into BUG option and go to Automation page. Go down to Hunt section and adapt odds that the units will generally attack or above. Then click on Suiciding units. The mathematical aspect of suiciding odds is this ATTACK! = (Odds you set in there) divided by (total units in the stack hunting. So if you have 5 warriors (for example), and set Hunting Odds at 50%, then normally they will only attack with 50% or better odds. But with suiciding units on, you will expect to see weakest warrior of 5 to attack at 10% or better odds.

For 1.74:
Afforess set Hunt's odds in C++, and I don't know the exact odds. I'm assuming here: 70% maybe. So that make it hard for units in 1.74 to attack if auto hunting.

See why I love 1.75 AUA incarnations :D.

Since I was testing i RoM-Prehistoric I am using RoM-AND 175b or so. It must be that their chance of winning is only 99.9% that they avoid rather than attack the animal units.:mischief:

Well, you have tools in 1.75B. Use them :).

Top Bottom