[SDK] Advanced Unit Automations

@ThomasSG and Afforess

alt hunt button. Better I think. For the first one my concept was "intercept barbarians" this one is based of the tech tree hunting icon.

I tried merging yesterday, but ran into a problem somewhere. I'll get it a go again today. If someone has a download that would be great.. Other than that I'm using the code above and the beta sdk files from "A New Dawn" to work on this. I've done the icons but haven't seen em in game lol.

I liked the earlier hunt better.

I forgot to include some XML changed in GlobalTypes, (the last bug, I swear! :lol:), so it may have been from that.

Let me see if I understand the concept of "Automate Pirate Ship"... Is this an auto-pillaging option for ships or a border patrol thing (ocean and coastal bound)? Will the targets will be pillage enemies or hunting pirate ships?

More like Coastal Blockading, and preying on weak transports. Auto-Pillage already works on ships, this one will be exclusive to privateers (or any unit that is ocean going and is hidden nationality and always hostile)

@Afforess: hm dunno. ;) I've just tested your automations. Very nice! :) But hunters should prefer hunting near enemy culture when at war.

Hunt is simply a search and destroy for the weakest nearby enemies. It doesn't matter who. That's the point. I don't really want to make automations for sieging the enemy, like you describe, because humans are almost always better than AI, so it would be useless. The point of these automations is to reduce the meaningless management in the game.

Okay.

Question about City Defense: Must the unit be on the city plot? What happens if the unit is staying 1-2 plots away from a city? If still working, will it return to that point or to the city plot?

Okay.

Question about City Defense: Must the unit be on the city plot? What happens if the unit is staying 1-2 plots away from a city? If still working, will it return to that point or to the city plot?

The unit will head towards the closest city, if it's not on one already.

Thanks for all the icons. I have the Pirate code done, and I'm going to merge the code with the 3.19 source code to make it easier for future mergers.

While I am still mooching off your artistic talent, can I request an auto-air strike and auto-air bomb icon?

Here's automate airstrike and bomb. I went to what firaxis had for airstrike and airbomb icons and at first thought to make it transparent and shrink it onto a circle (like the second automate hunt icon) but the plane and bombs just lost all definition and became little blobs of color and it was hard to tell what it was supposed to be. In the end, I went for just adding the "automate arrows" to the regular airstrike and airbomb icons.

@ Afforess, seriously man you've got skills with the SDK stuff. I'm going to try and get your "battle features" code into my SDK.
There are not many people that can get in there like you, people who can whip up art are out there more readily available than people who can program for the SDK. If you ever need art created just say so and myself or others are out there that can do it!

Attachments

• auto_strikeandbomb.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 77
Here's automate airstrike and bomb. I went to what firaxis had for airstrike and airbomb icons and at first thought to make it transparent and shrink it onto a circle (like the second automate hunt icon) but the plane and bombs just lost all definition and became little blobs of color and it was hard to tell what it was supposed to be. In the end, I went for just adding the "automate arrows" to the regular airstrike and airbomb icons.

Sweet thanks a ton!

@ Afforess, seriously man you've got skills with the SDK stuff. I'm going to try and get your "battle features" code into my SDK.
There are not many people that can get in there like you, people who can whip up art are out there more readily available than people who can program for the SDK. If you ever need art created just say so and myself or others are out there that can do it!

Lol thanks! I have no art abilities whatsoever, so that is always my greatest hindrance. I wish I there were more talented artists like you. ;)

The OP is updated with two new automations. The automate hurry isn't useful for base BTS, only certain mods will find it useful, but it can't hurt to add it.

Not really a new automation, but I would like a player option that exploring units will NOT heal while scouting. They lose important time after being damaged by animals or barbs.

An auto recon/patrol mission for fighters would be nice. Just so you can keep track of enemy movements on your borders by removing the fog of war. Naturally they would have a smaller intercept chance against incoming bombers.

Not really a new automation, but I would like a player option that exploring units will NOT heal while scouting. They lose important time after being damaged by animals or barbs.

An auto recon/patrol mission for fighters would be nice. Just so you can keep track of enemy movements on your borders by removing the fog of war. Naturally they would have a smaller intercept chance against incoming bombers.

Okay, I'll add those next.

I have discovered a bug, my units with border patrol got stuck at this point:

Okay, I know how to fix it, I will do so in the next version.

Top Bottom