Information Drought?

While we wait, there's a new screenshot in Civ's facebook page! :D This time of the Scramble for Africa Scenario!

Spoiler :

Also... Observers? Are they playing a scenario multiplayer?

This screen shot is just weird... :crazyeye:
On the Score List, we see the player (marked by "You") has no symbol, along side three Unmet Players (one of which is an Observer?), but we can clearly see they are playing as Rome Italy, and the symbol is clearly visible in the lower left by the Worker icon (woooo, modern icon!). Also, Italy's capital is Palermo...?

Despite being Italy, their embarked Cavalry is embarked on Longboats, and the Ironclads do look weird (maybe it belongs only in the scenario?).

There is nothing to point out that this is a multiplayer game, with the only exception of one observer.

:crazyeye: What the heck is going on in this screenshot?

Wait a second..
Observer. Observer mode in Multiplayer.
Multiplayer scenarios.
This screenshot makes me quite confident that scenarios are multiplayer-compatible.

Also, Italy's capital is Palermo...?

Look at the mini-map. The map of the scenario doesn't go as far north as Rome. Most of the European civs are going to have the wrong capital because the map focuses on Africa and is not concerned with depicting each European country in its entirety. But they still needed a capital, so for the scenario's purposes, Palermo is as good as any.

Look at the mini-map. The map of the scenario doesn't go as far north as Rome. Most of the European civs are going to have the wrong capital because the map focuses on Africa and is not concerned with depicting each European country in its entirety. But they still needed a capital, so for the scenario's purposes, Palermo is as good as any.

I was under the impression the Italian Peninsula was in the map, apparently not. Does this mean Germany will have a capital somewhere in Africa? They have no cities in Europe (that I can see)... :lol:

Also, this is probably not the best place to discuss it! :p Wasn't there a Scramble for Africa thread somewhere?

Pretty sure the capital of Great Britain is now Gibraltar.

Top Bottom