Theory of Evolution.

daft

The fargone
Granted, it all makes very good sense, except when I research the human/homo sapiens in particular. Is there a chance there was an extraterrestrial influence on the-sudden/before it's time- appearance of the modern humans on Earth?

Granted, it all makes very good sense, except when I research the human/homo sapiens in particular. Is there a chance there was an extraterrestrial influence on the-sudden/before it's time- appearance of the modern humans on Earth?

Nope. Next thread.

Seeing your particular formulation of the problem your 'research' can't have been very thorough.

Also, which "-sudden/before it's time- appearance of the modern humans on Earth" are you talking about? Modern humans are one of the species that have been around the shortest amount of time; we are, to all intents and purposes, absolute latecomers.

So when do you think humans should have appeared? Hadn't Earth finished cleaning the streaky glasses in the dishwasher yet?

And why is a thread on evolution posted in the World History forum?

Perhaps the Pak were involved.

Granted, there is a chance that aliens have something to do with the emergence of homo sapiens.

Granted, there is a chance that aliens have something to do with the emergence of cheese.

Not a very large chance in either scenario, but you have to admit that such a chance exists.

Certain kinds of cheese, sure.

I am convinced that I am an alien and there is no possible way I am human or anything that could be from Earth.

Therefore I am evolution and the pyramids.

"Before it's time"? How so. Humans evolved right when the conditions were right for it.

I don't see any reason to believe that we are the product of alien tinkering. I don't know you but I do have one friend who subscribes to such beliefs (I call him a friend despite his various crazynesses because he's a good guy overall & visited me when I was in severe pain in the hospital) and it seems to stem from the intense desire to be/feel special (instead of chosen by God we're chosen by godlike alien).

I don't really think so. As it relates to only brain-growth, there may be no other instances quite like it. But there are plenty of examples of very rapid evolutionary change in the fossil record. The whole Cambrian explosion practically came out of nowhere and in a short time, nearly all the major forms (not necessarily types) of life that exist today sprang up overnight geologically. Not to mention all of the weird forms that popped up in that same blink of an eye only to later go completely extinct.

"Before it's time"? How so. Humans evolved right when the conditions were right for it.

I don't see any reason to believe that we are the product of alien tinkering. I don't know you but I do have one friend who subscribes to such beliefs (I call him a friend despite his various crazynesses because he's a good guy overall & visited me when I was in severe pain in the hospital) and it seems to stem from the intense desire to be/feel special (instead of chosen by God we're chosen by godlike alien).

Thanks for the kind words. We're all crazy, don't you know?
So you presume the appearance of Homo Sapiens was the effect of Creation (the God mention)? I'm still inclined to believe that Homo Sapiens appeared thousands of years ahead of the natural schedule. I do not believe enough archeological evidence has been collected to deny this line of thinking.

So you presume the appearance of Homo Sapiens was the effect of Creation (the God mention)? I'm still inclined to believe that Homo Sapiens appeared thousands of years ahead of the natural schedule. I do not believe enough archeological evidence has been collected to deny this line of thinking.
What is this "natural schedule" you keep talking about? When do you contend humans should have appeared?

Archaeology has nothing to do with this. With the time frame we're talking about, it's anthropologists who deal with the evidence. Archaeologists deal with more recent findings, not the first humans who left very little in terms of "stuff".

No doubt.

So you presume the appearance of Homo Sapiens was the effect of Creation (the God mention)?
No, I'm atheist.

I'm still inclined to believe that Homo Sapiens appeared thousands of years ahead of the natural schedule. I do not believe enough archeological evidence has been collected to deny this line of thinking.
There is no evidence collected to support the line of thinking though.

It doesn't surprise me that brain adaptations that allowed better communication/cooperation/coordination among human tribes would spread like wildfire once they started to appear. Evolutionary modern humans have so great an advantage over other proto-humans it's not surprising at all. We're pretty amazing.

Indeed. Yet for hundreds of thousands of years (actually millions) after the development of tool use nothing much happened. Then, all of a sudden, about 10,000 years ago: organized agriculture. Now that pretty much spread like wildfire. Evolutionary changes, however, do not.

Indeed. Yet for hundreds of thousands of years (actually millions) after the development of tool use nothing much happened. Then, all of a sudden, about 10,000 years ago: organized agriculture. Now that pretty much spread like wildfire. Evolutionary changes, however, do not.

I don't think that's entirely correct.

One thing to note is increasingly sophisticated art seems to precede agriculture by 10s of thousands of years.

Another thing is agriculture was probably invented multiple times over the course of history. It seems more likely that the Mesoamericans didn't copy agriculture from the Mesopotamians but created it independently. That's why they grew corn not wheat.

I don't think that's entirely correct.

One thing to note is increasingly sophisticated art seems to precede agriculture by 10s of thousands of years.

Did this art have or result from any evolutionary advantages? Did it allow an increase in population? Any other evolutionary advantage?

Another thing is agriculture was probably invented multiple times over the course of history.

That's not just probable, it is exactly what happened.

It seems more likely that the Mesoamericans didn't copy agriculture from the Mesopotamians but created it independently. That's why they grew corn not wheat.

I'm not sure whow you would have Mesoarmericans copy agriculture from a continent they had no contact with (and fail to copy the wheel). Also, Mesoamericans grow corn (and maize) because it grows there. Sort of like how rice is the prime crop in Asia - and always has been.

Top Bottom