News: BOTM 115 - Deity - Starts 18 Sept

Some People will get jungle on top of the Pigs or Corn and some won't. :(

Ouch..both porks could be stricken with jungle disease. That would indeed suck. If not for scouting and huts, I'd be incline to at least save one from such a fate with the initial warrior.

Eeenteresting, I did not know that ;)

May try this game tonight...:scared:

:)

Not sure yet how i will settle, plains hill makes that decision harder cos without i would def. move towards deer.

Deer also speeds up worker, is good for hunting first and probably better Cap position more towards the middle.
2nd pig could just be for another city.

Could be wrong, but i think diagonal jungle spread does not work?
West Pigs look save, or i thought so at least ;)
:yup: True.
Edge pigs, corn and beaver are at risk. 1N pigs are safe.
Jungle spreads more likely (twice?) than forest. Not sure, but I don't think city borders stop it. Occupation certainly does. And roads make it less likely.

Computer fixed, almost. I'll try this (and problably meet a quick death to barbarians).

If SIP,
Warrior into Worker with Hunting into AH seems appealing for the very beginning.

If moving the settler,
I think I've dismissed 1N. Grabs a lot of production but sacrifices too much food.
2W1N is a possibility that just occured to me. Allows a worker first opening.
Well, even settling on the furs is a option, retaining deer, corn, pigs.

Warrior can either go SE, check for food 1E of the corn
Or go NW, check for... stuff ? SE is probably the safer move.

SIP has lake + furs for commerce. Early commerce can be tough on a map like this (no trade routes).
Trouble with SIP is the slow improvement of things. Going from corn to pigs to pigs takes a really long time. Hence warrior first and pigs --> pigs.
Tremendous food surplus can make up for the low production, provided some happy sources.

Not too sure, yet, not started. Maybe will move, maybe will not.

Yes, that changes things and makes early military quite desirable (axe/chariots).

Also, small map and 5 teams only have implications.
- cheaper techs (AH timing) ;
- less competition towards wonders (Oracle).

Warrior first could have the upper hand with a stolen worker. AI dependent. I wouldn't steal Shaka's worker.
I doubt huts are enough of a factor to make warrior > worker first. Warrior first is like 1 extra hut popped.

:yup: True.
Edge pigs, corn and beaver are at risk. 1N pigs are safe.
Jungle spreads more likely (twice?) than forest. Not sure, but I don't think city borders stop it. Occupation certainly does. And roads make it less likely.
City or cultural borders don't stop jungle spreading, I believe occupying a square doesn't work 100% but it may reduce likelyhood of jungle spread.
Also I think difficulty level has some effect on jungle/forest growth, forests seem to spread far more likely at easier difficulties.

Top Bottom