Indian King Poros

Perhaps you accomplish self somewhat and lets other one here in peace with your senseless sayings.

and BTW I dont like Canadians - you are all arrogant.

H.Balck

Moderator Action: Ethnic/National slurs are not allowed. After repeated warnings & infractions you have received a temporary ban. When you return please moderate your vocabulary.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Yang Liu, can an old "forums user" can advice you ?

I use computers (and mod them) since the 80's, and use Internet since 1995. I used to go on flame wars often years ago, and then stopped after realizing not only that made me lose my time, but some boards are of more "values" than others.

Now, for being an extremist, if i want to know if "Caesar's legions are betters than the Western Han armies", i go on an History or an Alternative History board, or a Military one. But you don't see me anymore on theses moronic "vs forums" where peoples insult each others and think they are scientific genius, like "spacebattles" (do theses guys can even light a candle without make it explode ?).

I prefer forums when, even if peoples have hot discutions, they are polites.

That's the same thing here, on the Civ3 board (because we all know Civ4 players are not really a civilized people, as Demosthenes said clearly 24 centuries ago).

Yes, even here, there is peoples i can call jerks, have a high idea of themselves, and are better ignored.

You know what i do ? I ignore them.

Even i, i can probably find at least one of them so jerky i probably kick is ass if i encounter him in real life (if he is in RL like on creations forums, of course).

But do you ever see me insult other peoples, or even talk too badly ? I just ignore them. Because i don't have time to lose, and because flame wars and insulting peoples are not the things normal and, dare i say, civilized peoples, like to read when they come here.

Now, maybe the moderators are hard on you, i don't know. And yes i think the rules here are stupidly writted, probably by a 10 year kid with delusions of grandeur. Or at least by somebody who, i hope, don't work in the commerce sector.

But i have read it and, if i think it's "under the sea level" writting, i understand it. The "you have no right here, fist f*ing victim you !" rule stop me to write somes articles, and i don't really like the "don't talk back to the Moderators Gods, dog sc*m drunk !", but i can understand the idea and, well, i respect the rules (no, really, i try).

What i understand is you are young (or, at least, you look like you are), hot blooded, but i think you just have to stop to think all critics are gratuitous aggression.

When you say or show something of your work, accept others peoples can have something to say that is not "Oh great Xerxes, you are my god".
Yes, being praised is good for the heart. I know i was really happy with the good answers when i posted my wide screen wonder splashes, or my cute tittle screens.

But if you want to be an adult, and better if you want being seen like an adult, you have to accept criticism.
Better : You have to accept advices and wishes are not insults.
Even better : Bad criticism is not directed at you, and is not writted for insult you.

Look, the better example i can give you is the one with Imperator.
When, some month ago, he delivered is napoleonic artilleries, he received a lot of praise.
Like you, i dare to say.
He received also advices.
Like you, i dare to say.
If i remember well, he received also wishes.
Like you, i dare to say.

And then, Steph the Savage, Steph the Destructor, Steph the Barbaric Perfectionist, step in the fray and say, basically "good work, but they are not usable and i don't use them".
:eek:
I though "But shut up ! Il like them, and i want them, use them, pet them" ! I maybe even said something like that.

Of course, Steph don't do that for being insulting. He advised what was for him the problem.

And that where the lesson his (if you still read this) : Imperator was perfectly kind.
He thanked all the posters, and answered politely the peoples who adviced some problem.

After, if took the advices he though he wanted, and probably more or less ignored the others. But he was always polite and, i dare say, nobody think we lost our time in posting something in his thread.

Now, look at what you do : Lot of peoples praise your work, and what do you do, You say "somebody was not kind with me, now :):):):) YOU ALL ! Especially if you are Canadians, by the way".
Come on, all Canadians are not english, you know ?
:smug:
Just kidding, don't hurt me.

After you have done that for a lot of threads, there is still lot of peoples who look at your work, are amazed (like me), and say you are great.
And still, you just :):):):) them off (i hope it's english).

I really, really advice you, to :

- Thank peoples who answer in the thread.
- Be polite. Peoples like when we are polite with them. That don't cost much to be polite, then why being impolite ? Just to prove we can ?
- Read advices, answer politely. You don't have to use it, and you can even justify you by something "i know what you mean, but i find this read/move cuter". We are intelligent peoples and can understand and, can you imagine, accept you prefer your way than ours without the need to be gunned, you know ?

And :

- If you think you can't answer politely, don't answer at all. Better waiting to cool a little.

There what i had to say. Hope that can help you to understand peoples here don't try to hurt you, and then it's not use for you to hurt them just because "somebody was not kind".
On a forum, after all, you always can ignore the not kinds.

Sorry for the long thread. I don't had computer for three weeks (how can i have lived before Internet ? That always amaze me).

Top Bottom