Roman Ballistae

Everything looks really great! Very nice work here!!!:goodjob::)

Hope it's not too late, but the top-knot on the Indians needs to at the back rather than the front. I have posted this several times elsewhere but it doesn't seem to sink in. The style people are using is taken from Kmher art, not Indian.

This should give you some idea:
thumbnail

Hope it's not too late, but the top-knot on the Indians needs to at the back rather than the front. I have posted this several times elsewhere but it doesn't seem to sink in. The style people are using is taken from Kmher art, not Indian.

This should give you some idea:
thumbnail

Well, I'm just made some renders but.... it's not too late to modify this unit.;)

Looks good, but I think the red and the civ color will be confusing. Especially in scenarios where there are more than one Japanese civ. The color of the helmet should be the same color as the armor of the samurai who is loading. His sword should also be worn facing blade down, since his armor is not that of a low ranking samurai. Its a minor detail of the pre-17th century samurai.
Also the samurai helmet of Kinboat's isn't really historically accurate.
And as a personal request, can you try not to make anything dark red, since for me that is Japan's civ color, so if the armor is red and the cloth is red it will look strange.

Can you make them more like this:
10th-15th century Samurai armor
Spoiler :

Also this is an image I use to give my samurai armor more texture so that it doesnt look so flat, I add it to the Diffuse_color, you will need to mess around with the size in poser.
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5125/25504997.png

Sorry for being so picky...
But this pack is coming out very nice!

Note: all the siege machinery in this thread are all made by primitives!
You are sophisticated, your work is sophisticated.

I know you meant made with primitives. I just couldn't resist the chance to compliment you.

Good units, but the ballista is more a scorpion unit, maybe u will make a self standing siege ballista, too, and perhaps also a smaller trbuchet, like in the picture... go on - nice work, maybe the trebuchet could be carried by an oxen cart.

Wow, I saw the thread a few days ago and remember thinking that they were good units, well animated. But only Roman ones. ;) And I kinda switched off a little (though the world does need Roman units). Now you have so many others in progress and of such high standards. Many of these have unique animations and that you're making the models from primitives is so impressive. The Indian three man crossbow is particularly beautiful. Good work - and thank you for them all!

As a selfish request - I'm with ShiroKobbure in wishing for a Greek one. Or several. :D How about a gastraphetes (belly crossbow), an early heavy crossbow that was loaded and fired while held against the belly? Though I'd have to admit that it's not really a siege weapon, rather an early type of field artillery.

A small request - the Mongolian crossbow should definitely be horse drawn! Flavour all the way.

As a selfish request - I'm with ShiroKobbure in wishing for a Greek one. Or several. :D How about a gastraphetes (belly crossbow), an early heavy crossbow that was loaded and fired while held against the belly? Though I'd have to admit that it's not really a siege weapon, rather an early type of field artillery.

Actually, it was an early prototype of the "Ab Cruncher." ;)

And you, Magnificent Creator, seem to have the majority of us drooling with anticipation.

:thumbsup: ,

Oz

Oh well. Somehow this one slipped my mind.
Nice one :)

Top Bottom