A6M2 Zero

Gary Childress

Student for and of life
Wyrmshadow created a HUGE plethora of WW2 aircraft using a somewhat enlarged scale for fighters. Then, for some reason, when he did the Japanese aircraft he used a reduced scale-only on them. So none of the Japanese aircraft match the scale of the European theater aircraft. TopGun did a couple Japanese aircraft too, including an A6M Zero, however, the scale he used on these early fighters was HUGE compared to Wyrmshadow's original scale. This has always frustrated me that there are at least 3 different scales of aircraft out there, none of them really compatible with each other.

My favorite scale is the one used by Wyrmshadow on most of his European theater aircraft, not only becuase most of the WWII aircraft we have are that scale but also because the fighters are big enough to see more detail on. However, there are very few Japanese aircraft which match that scale. So...in an effort to create Japanese aircraft compatible with Wyrmshadow's other aircraft I've created the following...

Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero:
DOWNLOAD HERE

NOTE: Red is Civ color on the model.

Bonus version...

Mitsubishi A6M3 Zero:
DOWNLOAD HERE

Woohoo! Very nice Gary! Just in time for Moff's WW2 Global - Reloaded scenario. I will surely add these to my scenario to accompany your troops (i.e. M1 Garand Pack, Wehrmacht Pack, etc.) :D

"For some reason": 3 years later when I got better at it.

Gary Childress, I think it's a bug of the A6M3: In fact, A6M3's wings had no top. They were cut off from the A6M2 ! :D

A6M zero had 7 main types, all in two paratactic numbers. The first number mean plane body, and the second mean engine:

Type 11 (A6M1): Original type, cannot be carried by carrier, very few, only 1940 in China.

Type 21 (A6M2): Main type in the early Pacific War.

Type 32 (A6M3): New engine, and cut the wing tops, was used in the battle of Guadalcanal.

Type 22 (A6M2): Same engine to the type 32, but had intact wing tops, also used in the battle of Guadalcanal.

Type 52 (A6M5): Main type in the late Pacific War, same engine to the type 32, and amendatory plane body.

Type 63 (A6M6): Advanced engine, and can get 250kg bomb, dive to bomb ships.

Type 54 (A6M5): High advanced engine, same body to the type 52.

This picture is type 32 (A6M3).:)

Attachments

• A6M3.jpg
    A6M3.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 71
I had actually re-done my original Zero to match Wyrm's new scale. Not that it matters now, since the aircraft are not available again as of yet.

Top Bottom