Patch 1.03.18: Steam achievements doesn't work

First post, and I haven't been able to find anything about it. Please don't reply in a condescending tone. :)

I've played as napoleon, alexander and catherine and I've been missing out on theses achivements. I've tried both and conquering the capitals, wining a culture victory but I still haven't gotten the achivement.

Is there other requirements like the size of the map or number of opponents? the presence of barbarians?

I've been playing on a duel map with one opponent.

I'm getting other achivements, and I've gotten other "beat the game as x" achivements. but the last three I've tried haven't even though I won

No mods installed. just a couple of DLC

I had the same problem in my last Game. Cultural Victory with Egypt. Got all achievements except the Cultural Victory and "Win with Egypt" one. Maybe the latest Patch broke something?

Same problem here! Only tried vanilla leaders, namely Hiawatha and Monty. I was able to unlock Great Firewall achievement, but no leader achievements.

I just unlocked Arab trader, it seems there might be a problem with the "winning" kind of achivements then. And I've gotten them before last patch so it absolutely plausible that it's a latest patch problem

Finished a game with Arabia, no achievement. Finished a game as Darius in the WOTAW Scenario, got both winning as Darius achievement and scenario achievement... Note: in this scenario, there is a different achievement for Darius than the regular one.

Last game I won as Washington and didn't get the "First in the Hearts of Your Countrymen" achievement.
I tried to reset game/reload save and finish game again but it didn't help.
I was online and had no mods turned on.

Can anybody pls tell me what could cause this?

Facing the same problem here.

Please find attached a savegame (should trigger tech victory with Theodora of Byzantines at King). I am not using any mods, and do not have a win achievement with the Byzantines.

Attachments

• Theodora_0550 AD-1950-January.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
Never used a mod and yet I am unable to unlock victory achievements for Hiawatha and Montezuma. Both science and domination victory conditions tested.

I experienced the problem playing as Elizabeth yesterday. During that game I *did* unlock both her sink a zillion boats achievement and the city state coup achievement, but did not get the leader, map type, or map size achievement.

-S

Its a new bug, all the 'win' achievements are broken: leader, map type and map size, as well as any sub-achievements based on those.

-S

I have exactly the same issue.

I cannot get the "Win as X civilization". Tried with Korea, America and Denmark. I tried some old saves and it didn't work as well. Also, I can't get the achievements for beating the game on a particular difficulty or for beating a standard map.

I have no mods, I'm online and I have the reward popups enabled.

However, I tried other kind of achivements, such as:

"Sink an Ironclad with a Turtle Boat" or "Lose as Korea" and they both unlocked.

Same problem here! Only tried vanilla leaders, namely Hiawatha and Monty. I was able to unlock Great Firewall achievement, but no leader achievements.

What a coincidence, I played as both of them and got the achievements for them.

I have exactly the same issue.

I cannot get the "Win as X civilization". Tried with Korea, America and Denmark. I tried some old saves and it didn't work as well. Also, I can't get the achievements for beating the game on a particular difficulty or for beating a standard map.

I have no mods, I'm online and I have the reward popups enabled.

However, I tried other kind of achivements, such as:

"Sink an Ironclad with a Turtle Boat" or "Lose as Korea" and they both unlocked.

edit: Does anyone know how to delete the post? Because since the other thread was merged I have a double post now.
(or if any mod could delete it)

I have faced the same issue with Theodora - won a diplomatic and didn't unlock.

What is the process around this ? do you flag it up to 2K games?

If so, how? :)

Same here. Just to confirm. Achievements don't work for me either, after last patch.

Too bad :sad: I needed wins with two more leaders to have them all done, again, on my new steam account, I won with Darius and I also got 5 Golden Ages in a raw, but no achievements.

Recently I've played two games in G&K as India and Iroquois, no mods, and won, but I did not get the achievements for winning as those leaders.

Moderator Action: Merged with the main thread about this problem.

I'm affected by the problem, but I found a sort of workaround. If you win a scenario as the civ the achievement will trigger. I got the one for netherlands on into the renaissance, winning by domination on settler difficulty if there was something oddly specific about that. I've had most the others so I can't test it. Not sure if it would work if the civ is altered for a scenario, and it's no help for some, like the carthage one :\

Top Bottom