Demands to AI

njmfff

Prince
Did this ever actually worked for anyone? :confused:

I never managed to get anything from AI by demands, not even when they are left with only one small pop city with no military. Answer is always the same "come and get it", but it's usually not worth it. :D

didn't try it tho, when they have "Afraid" diplo, but at that point, they usually have nothing worth demanding anyway. :lol: :nuke:

I have made it work some times. When they are afraid the likelihood is very high, but sometimes it also works under "normal" conditions, even if they are not showing the afraid approach.

You have to get your troops around their borders and they have to be stronger than theirs.

Did this ever actually worked for anyone? :confused:

I never managed to get anything from AI by demands, not even when they are left with only one small pop city with no military. Answer is always the same "come and get it", but it's usually not worth it. :D

didn't try it tho, when they have "Afraid" diplo, but at that point, they usually have nothing worth demanding anyway. :lol: :nuke:

I observed the conditions that would make an AI "afraid" or Give in to a demand.

1. Have a strong military.
2. Never have gone to war with the AI your demanding stuff from.
3. Have military near the border.
4. Take out an AI or two.
5. Have Territory near the AI.
6. The AI in question has a military about 1/10 you size or less.

I think most people on the forum will agree with me.

I observed the conditions that would make an AI "afraid" or Give in to a demand.

1. Have a strong military.
2. Never have gone to war with the AI your demanding stuff from.
3. Have military near the border.
4. Take out an AI or two.
5. Have Territory near the AI.
6. The AI in question has a military about 1/10 you size or less.

I think most people on the forum will agree with me.

7. Having nukes when they don't have the technology. That makes them all meek as lambs.

@Jerman: thanks, I'll try it up next time I go full Vader on AI. :lol:

@EK834: yeah, I noticed AI will always get "Afraid" (even full blown warmongers) when you get your first nuke out there. Then they all want to be friends. :lol:

7. Having nukes when they don't have the technology. That makes them all meek as lambs.

They can have the technology and have built nukes. When they use them leaving them with none and you have some their approach will be 'afraid' regardless of their military strength.
2 games ago Poland and Assyria were nuking each other. Poland had 19 uranium and was the military leader by far. I built some nukes and everyone went to 'afraid' except Poland who was 'hostile'. When Poland used up his last nuke he went to 'afraid' at which point i got 5 luxies on the cheap(for a 'hostile' deal). When he built some more nukes he went to 'neutral'.....

Always a pleasure to drop few nukes on Polynesia... or England... or Siam. It never gets old. :lol:

They can have the technology and have built nukes. When they use them leaving them with none and you have some their approach will be 'afraid' regardless of their military strength.
2 games ago Poland and Assyria were nuking each other. Poland had 19 uranium and was the military leader by far. I built some nukes and everyone went to 'afraid' except Poland who was 'hostile'. When Poland used up his last nuke he went to 'afraid' at which point i got 5 luxies on the cheap(for a 'hostile' deal). When he built some more nukes he went to 'neutral'.....

Good to know. It's rare too many other civs can build nukes in my game. Except Poland that when I add up my own experience facing a wide autocratic Poland with what others report seems to be one of the biggest or at least most successful warmongers out there. He's like the new Catherine or something (I've seen him steam roll Russia a few times, in fact).

Correct. The code checks for "possession of nukes" and not for anything else.

I was able to pull it off in my first game with the Zulus. I was attacking Germany who was positioned on a long snaky peninsula. When I was attacking their furthest city, they sued for peace and I accepted. Unfortunately, all my troops got booted out of his territory in the opposite direction from my territory and I hadn’t yet discovered Astronomy (so they couldn’t get home by embarking).

I asked Otto if he wanted to trade Open Borders and he refused. I asked him how we could make this deal work and he said there was no way to make it work. So I demanded that he give me open borders and he said something like, “If it’s the only way to keep the peace.” So he could have had straight up Open Borders, but instead, wound up giving them to me for free getting nothing in return.

Top Bottom