Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Well, this ain't a good sign. Already hit a CTD just a few turns in to my first game. Loaded an autosave tho and it hasn't crashed again in a few more turns.

Also there's a wolf on top of some mountains to the west of my capital. Edit: When my borders passed over the wolves they were free to enter my territory (I play with Timid Animals always and the only exit from the peak was SE or NE, both to me) and ninja'd my first worker, GARRR!

Workers can't chop trees until Bronze Working, however they can build a mine on a forested hill, chopping the trees in the process, with Mining.

The launcher's buttons are messed up for me.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~irealms/launcherbuttons.jpg

I'm using Vista and a GeForce 9500 GT, only two things I can think of that might cause the buttons to appear different for me.

The terrain settings for WorldOfErebus don't seem to work. I set it to no desert, no jungles, no tundra, and I started surrounded by desert and jungles. Also started right next to another civ on that map. I was Kuriotates, first turn I moved like 2 tiles and placed my first city, next turn I could see the green borders of the Ljosalfar a couple tiles away from my borders. Was a standard size map with 7 civs. Flavor start on. A couple turns later I made contact with the Mechanos, so they must have started really close by as well. Stopped playing that map right away. :p

Well, this ain't a good sign. Already hit a CTD just a few turns in to my first game. Loaded an autosave tho and it hasn't crashed again in a few more turns.

Also there's a wolf on top of some mountains to the west of my capital. Edit: When my borders passed over the wolves they were free to enter my territory (I play with Timid Animals always and the only exit from the peak was SE or NE, both to me) and ninja'd my first worker, GARRR!

If you have a save that will reliably produce a CTD, please post it. Will allow us to kill it. ;)

Not sure how the wolf got on up there... As for it entering your territory, that is entirely correct, even with Timid Animals on. All that option does is prevent them from entering your territory of their own will.

Workers can't chop trees until Bronze Working, however they can build a mine on a forested hill, chopping the trees in the process, with Mining.

I believe that is intentional.. However, it's likely to change, particularly as it isn't hard anymore to remove access to a build order.

The civilopedia unit section only shows demons.

Make sure your filter is set to 'Unfiltered' rather than 'Demonic Horde Units'.

The launcher's buttons are messed up for me.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~irealms/launcherbuttons.jpg

I'm using Vista and a GeForce 9500 GT, only two things I can think of that might cause the buttons to appear different for me.

The terrain settings for WorldOfErebus don't seem to work. I set it to no desert, no jungles, no tundra, and I started surrounded by desert and jungles. Also started right next to another civ on that map. I was Kuriotates, first turn I moved like 2 tiles and placed my first city, next turn I could see the green borders of the Ljosalfar a couple tiles away from my borders. Was a standard size map with 7 civs. Flavor start on. A couple turns later I made contact with the Mechanos, so they must have started really close by as well. Stopped playing that map right away. :p

Not sure what the issue is with the launcher; You'll have to wait for anw to logon and answer it.

Not sure what happened with World of Erebus either, honestly. I've never had that happen.

When trying to start a new game, I get the following warning:
"Can't find map script:
WorldOfErebus.py
Generating empty map..."

the same for ErebusContinents. I checked and the files are both there, in "...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\PrivateMaps"

this is kinda preventing me from playing the game... I'll try enabling some not "officially supported" map scripts to see if I can at least start a game.

EDIT: successfully started a Pangaea game and played a few rounds but the WorldOfErebus.py and ErebusContinents.py still refuse to be found.

Yeah, I couldn't get that CTD to repeat which is why I didn't post it. But now I've run into another strange error that maybe you can explain. Junon should be getting three hammers but is only getting two (was getting zero before gaining second pop point).

Attachments

• What's wrong with Junon's Production.CivBeyondSwordSave
    179 KB · Views: 114
When trying to start a new game, I get the following warning:
"Can't find map script:
WorldOfErebus.py
Generating empty map..."

the same for ErebusContinents. I checked and the files are both there, in "...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\PrivateMaps"

this is kinda preventing me from playing the game... I'll try enabling some not "officially supported" map scripts to see if I can at least start a game.

That is extremely odd. Shouldn't be happening....

Did you have a fresh install, rather than installing on top of the existing folder?

The filter was set to demonic horde, but there aren't any units at all when set to unfiltered. There isn't even the filter selector, luckily when going to the unit page it occasionally switches from "unfiltered" to demonic horde.

Also forests do not have minus one food, but ancient forests do.

Yeah, I couldn't get that CTD to repeat which is why I didn't post it. But now I've run into another strange error that maybe you can explain. Junon should be getting three hammers but is only getting two (was getting zero before gaining second pop point).

Not a bug. You're running pacifism, which reduces hammers by 20%. 20% of 3 is 0.60; This leaves you with 2.40 :hammers:, which is then rounded down.

The filter was set to demonic horde, but there aren't any units at all when set to unfiltered. There isn't even the filter selector, luckily when going to the unit page it occasionally switches from "unfiltered" to demonic horde.

Also forests do not have minus one food, but ancient forests do.

Turn on python exceptions if you don't mind... I don't get that error.

And as I said, some of what was in the changelog had been changed, and some was left out. Must have missed where that was reversed.

I get an error "Mods\Rise from Erebus \ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring" when running the launcher. I usually have this trouble when running mods from shortcuts requiring that I edit the shortcut to launch like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="Rise from Erebus"

I'm not sure how to get the launcher to do that though.

I get an error "Mods\Rise from Erebus \ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring" when running the launcher. I usually have this trouble when running mods from shortcuts requiring that I edit the shortcut to launch like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="Rise from Erebus"

I'm not sure how to get the launcher to do that though.

That would require a recompile of the launcher; Will have to get anw to get it to autodetect steam, I think.

Eww, so 80% of 1 rounds down to zero too?

More than likely.

I only have 2 maps...

I had the The launcher keeps looking for C:\Users\(user)\Desktop\NOTSET\PrivateMaps. error on launch

Top Bottom