FfH2 0.30 Changelog

Silly me, I was multitasking and my browser crashed during the download. Of course it didn't work when I tried it out.

A couple of ideas/whatevers:
1. Wow only a week left. Does this mean we're on feature lock?
2. What if invisible units could also defend citadels?
3. perhaps we could add another Luchuirp building that gives golems produced in that city the hidden promotion?
4. Demon deal events should, imo, be very fluid. I think it would be interesting if we had an almost formula for these events.
Demon lord offers you 2 free techs in exchange for one of your cities.
Demon lord offers you his services (as balor) if you are willing to sacrifice unit X.
Demon offers to sabotage enemy city if you give him souls.
Demon offers experience to one of your ritualists, in exchange for the souls of some other ritualist.
Demon offers to possess one of your ritualists, making him a demon but stronger and bonus experience.
Demon offers to cause a war between two of your rivals (chance of failure), if you give him an altar (one of your demons altars gives -2 food, -1 happy).
Demon offers you himself and his brothers as eidolons if you would be willing to fight a war against enemy X.
Demon offers you a free tech once you have killed enough enemy civilians.
Demon offers to teach one of your mages new spell--chance of failure and a magic explosion.
Also, it would be cool if Hyborem could profit from these events, if he were in the game.

I like the demon events ideas, they sound like interesting choices.

But I agree on the Hidden Golems. Large Proto-robots don't "lurk" very well.

That's fine. I was mostly thinking of gargoyles being a good implementation of the hidden ability.

Gargoyles would be better with an invisible while stationary ability.

That's cool.

Other guild ideas:
1. If you have the Guild of hammers in a city you can pay to hurry production of buildings for 1/2 cost.
2. Having circle of gaelen in your city allows two sages, doubles shields to science rate, and gives all new adepts an xp bonus.
3. Guild of the Nine HQ gives gold based on the number of mercs in the world.
4. Brotherhood of wardens allows units to be drafted from a city without causing unhappiness, and the drafted units start with one free promo.

Updated patch in the first post.

No flip-flop in this version. It gets founded early, but isn't annoying.

What does it actually do though?

No, haven't started yet, but I didn't see an update in the first post is all.

The first post is the changelog from the last public version to this public version. Issues introduced and resolved between version arent documented (there would be hundreds ;) )

Thread moved public, enjoy!

First impression is that the fire 1 spell is way to powerful. Forests act as natural inhibiter's to growth, preventing you from working some land tiles until bronze working. With some civ's able to clear forests at only "knowledge of the ether" they will have a large advantage. It also frees up workers from having to chop down forests and allowing them to do the much quicker built cottage/mine/farm. Maybe it could be a fire two spell, but then it would be a little weak.

Maybe fire 1 could be changed to the "burn" spell, which completely destroys all improvements on the tile its on, asides from roads.

Just want to say I strongly agree with nurfing shock formation and cover II units with them did get a little overpowered against that the corresponding unit type.

Still don't think drill is strong enough to warrant going down that path, even for blitz. A unit with drill four will lose to a comparable unit with combat four a vast majority of the time and it is even more unbalanced at the lower levels. Drill is good for swatting weak units, but by just swatting weak units is hard to gain enough experience to be able to swat weak units :crazyeye:

Playing around in the world builder, when one warrior has combat one the other warrior has to have drill four to break even.

I would recommend making drill one +2 first strike, drill two +2 first strike, drill three +3 first strike, and drill four +3 first strike. Not +x first strike chances, just strait out +x first strikes, the first strike chances are just annoying. Obviously some balance testing would be needed, but drill has to be improved or there is no point in getting it.

First impression is that the fire 1 spell is way to powerful. Forests act as natural inhibiter's to growth, preventing you from working some land tiles until bronze working. With some civ's able to clear forests at only "knowledge of the ether" they will have a large advantage. It also frees up workers from having to chop down forests and allowing them to do the much quicker built cottage/mine/farm. Maybe it could be a fire two spell, but then it would be a little weak.

Yeah, Im interested to see how it plays out. Its dfefinitly a handy little spell. Im not worried abotu players that have to build a fire node to get access to it, by the time they can do that it would have been easier to just chop the forests. But we will see how it plays out for the civs that start with Fire mana (Clan of Embers, Amurites and the Sheaim). To be honest Im okay with those 3 civs having the perk, but I would have been more concerned if it had been some of the others.

Hmm... I wasn't sure which civs started out with fire mana. The Sheaim are late peakers so an early boast won't help them much and the Clan of Embers can't afford to go too deep down the majic path too early, so, I suppose it should balance with them. I'm still worried about the Amurites having it though, they have enough reasons to beeline to "knowledge of the ether" they don't need another boast from it.

Top Bottom