I can't get mods to work; anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

kingkongfive

Chieftain
I like to think I'm a pretty computer-savvy guy but I just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

I'm "subscribing" to the mods I want using the Steam Workshop (I've used it in the past for other games with no issue). When I boot up Civ V and go to the mods menu they all show up; I make sure they're all checked green and hit "next." The game takes about a minute to configure itself and then it gives me a message confirming that the mods have been enabled. But when I start a new game it's just the vanilla experience.

Here's the mods I'm trying to use, in case anyone's wondering:

-InfoAddict
-Civ IV Diplomatic Features
-Historical Religions Edit (BNW or GK)

As you can see, they're nothing wild or potentially game-breaking, and they should all be compatible. I've also tried enabling InfoAddict on its own just to test and it's still not showing up when I start a new game.

I'm playing with both expansions and all the DLC.

Am I just missing something stupidly obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Shot in the dark here (but it has been a problem for others): When you enable the mods, do not hit "back" when you get to the list of enabled mods. Go forward and create your new game from there.

If you back out to the main menu to fire up a new game, your mods selection is wiped away.

Shot in the dark here (but it has been a problem for others): When you enable the mods, do not hit "back" when you get to the list of enabled mods. Go forward and create your new game from there.

If you back out to the main menu to fire up a new game, your mods selection is wiped away.

Aaaand that solved it.

I didn't realize this was a button (don't know why, it seems obvious now), so at this screen I kept going back to the menu and starting a new game. Thanks so much!

Top Bottom