River-Mountain-Hill trilemma

Hill/River/Mountain: If you can only get 2 of the 3, what do you pick?

• Total voters
I love that the OP called it a "trilemma" However I think coastal should have been added to the conundrum making it a "quadlemma"?

Priority for EVERY city is being next to a mountain. Observatories are that important. I will sacrifice a lot just to have a mountain city.

mountains are awesome defensive tiles and give you observatory and a few additional wonders to boot... rivers are awesome for hydro plant, giving you the equivalent of 3 factories in some cases.
If it's not a capitol, hill for 1 measly hammer is worthless, as long as you're not doing a super-fast expansion and NEED that library for NC so badly... (you could just chop or rush-buy anyway...)

mountains are awesome defensive tiles and give you observatory and a few additional wonders to boot... rivers are awesome for hydro plant, giving you the equivalent of 3 factories in some cases.
If it's not a capitol, hill for 1 measly hammer is worthless, as long as you're not doing a super-fast expansion and NEED that library for NC so badly... (you could just chop or rush-buy anyway...)

Ha Ha, how often do we ever need a Hydro plant?

Ha Ha, how often do we ever need a Hydro plant?

Hydro Plants: While they arrive too late to change outcome of the game; they can easily speed up turn of victory.

Top Bottom