Don't purchase territory near me request is bugged

danaphanous

religious fanatic
I've heard a few other ppl say this, but I hate the "don't purchase territory near me" request because it appears to be bugged. If I say okay and don't purchase any more territory near them, sometimes they still claim I broke my promise. So far consistent with what a few other people have said.

However, I've seen an even worse bug with this request. Just happened to me again on my last game and I've seen this happen 2 or 3 times. They will ask me not to purchase. I will say "absolutely not" because I know the promise is bugged, and get the red diplo hit for 50 turns. And about 50 turns later (on the dot) after I've refused to comply they call me up and tell me I broke the promise. Like, after I got the negative diplo hit for saying I wouldn't and never making the promise. It's like they're lying about what I said. Also, on top of this weird issue, I haven't bought any land near him in about 40 turns, so I have no idea what triggered the bug. It happened as soon as the red neg for refusing to not buy dissapeared, which points to an error in the counter. Like maybe right as it wears off it thinks you made this promise when you didn't

Last time this bug happened it meant Germany was going to declare war on me and looking for an excuse.
Has anyone else seen this odd issue? If so, is there any way I can avoid the broken promise triggering? And please, do not tell me I'm wrong and I must have made the promise and forgotten. This happened just hours ago. He asked, I refused, and I've watched the negative diplo hit for refusing for the past 50 turns. As SOON as the neg wore off is when he claimed I broke the promise I never made.

Yes, this bug indeed exists and does need to be addressed. But it likely won't, as Firaxis has moved onto Civ - Beyond.

Don't settle cities near me is also bugged. I have a sneakin' suspicion Firaxis got tired of all the CiV bugs and decided to move on Beyond.

okay, I kept playing and it didn't mean war though open borders was cut for a while. After 50 turns the red neg for broken promise turned to darker red (becoming less significant) It finally disappeared around 100 turns and it actually said my promise not to expand near them had been fulfilled! The next turn I went and looked at the red negs, kinda excited to be back on good turns, but the broken promise was back in bright red! What the heck? I have a sad feeling it's gonna keep glitching and restarting the broken promise bug all game. This is really broken, this particular AI is my long-term ally and this is screwing with the relationship a lot.

Weirdly he went order like me though with every other ideology open and having free tenets left. Does this mean he likes me? I thought they usually valued the extra tenets. since then every civ has declared order and all are ignoring the others. I've never had a game like this where every civ went order after me. Is this because of my dominant tourism? I am at least exotic on everyone and familiar on a good number...do they pre-factor this in? I'm guessing I should take advantage of this and declare a world ideology while there are no dissenters...

Top Bottom