Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

You have to switch the in game language from German to English.

Launcher -> edit .ini file -> Language -> set from "2" for German to "0" for English.

Worked very well. Thank you :)
Same goes to the hamster with that odd eye.

Can't talk much now - must PLAY

I'm encountering a really strange problem in my current game: I'm besieging Jubilee which is defended only by 3 Champions (do the Balseraph even use Champions?) 1 Archer and Mary, but no matter how often I kill them - even multiple times a single turn - they refuse to die or, judging from their age of 0, they respawn immediately after their death. I suspected some kind of strange Balseraph feature to be at work but, according to the WB, neither is there a Hall of Mirrors building in their city not do they have any promotions other than Combat 1 and Iron Weapons... :confused:

As you can imagine this has slowed my advance into their territory quite a bit, though the near infinite amount of xp I got make up for that. :lol:

Safegame attached.

I'm half-German. :lol: Mother is from Zweibrücken.

O.o I'm living in Saarland, a 15 min drive from Zweibrücken.

Now I'll have to hide from my friends that I'm playing a mod developed by a half-Palatinate though, your father must have an impressive genetical make up. :D

(J/K, there is somewhat of a friendly rivalry between the Saarland and the neighbouring Palatinate. :mischief:)

Attachments

• Torugu Turn_0468_PossibleBug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    482.3 KB · Views: 59
You can sacrifice summoned skeletons to D'Tesh fort commanders. I sacrificed three skeletons and got 278xp.

Is there any sort of log generated when you get a crash to desktop, or any information to get at that point that would be helpful? I've been actually having a few stability problems- not major, but more then it seems most people in the thread are. They don't seem to bug my save games, and I'm not running out of memory... it's just, zoom, crash, blink, reload, and it's all good. Not sure what to do here.

(Oh, and thanks for the info about the clock being in game, Valkrionn! I feel like an idiot for not having noticed that earlier.)

Unfortunately, not that I can use. Snako may know better, has had more experience hunting down that kind of bug. If you have a savegame that reliably crashes that would work nicely. :lol:

Didn't read the whole thread but I was goofing around with Abashi and discovered rinwell island.
I tried to claim it but the whole game just crashes, tried multiple times.
After destroying some civs my game suddenly became crash free. I was happy :)
too bad it ended while ago :(
I will start a marathon game now..

Odd... I'll check out Rinwell.

Sorry, Marshes and Jungles (but mostly marshes) have been displacing my improvements. I have to keep moving my shapers around, removing marshes and rebuilding improvements. It's not terrible, since Jungles aren't bad, but it is tedious.
Thanks for all the work you've done with the game. It rocks.

I'll check them out. AFAIK, it shouldn't be actually removing your improvements.

I'm encountering a really strange problem in my current game: I'm besieging Jubilee which is defended only by 3 Champions (do the Balseraph even use Champions?) 1 Archer and Mary, but no matter how often I kill them - even multiple times a single turn - they refuse to die or, judging from their age of 0, they respawn immediately after their death. I suspected some kind of strange Balseraph feature to be at work but, according to the WB, neither is there a Hall of Mirrors building in their city not do they have any promotions other than Combat 1 and Iron Weapons... :confused:

As you can imagine this has slowed my advance into their territory quite a bit, though the near infinite amount of xp I got make up for that. :lol:

Safegame attached.

Weird... Loading this one now.

O.o I'm living in Saarland, a 15 min drive from Zweibrücken.

Now I'll have to hide from my friends that I'm playing a mod developed by a half-Palatinate though, your father must have an impressive genetical make up. :D

(J/K, there is somewhat of a friendly rivalry between the Saarland and the neighbouring Palatinate. :mischief:)

Well, actually I'm not sure she was born there. I know it is near her hometown (and the rest of the Hoffmann family lives within like 30 minutes of it... One of 12 children. :eek: I have no clue how many cousins I have. :lol:), and I know they got married there... But that's about all I know. I wasn't taught German, can only speak to like two of my uncles (7 uncles, 6 alive, 4 aunts), and haven't been there since... 2005, I think. :lol:

As for my father... The Powell family comes from a little town in Georgia, with a population of about 1000. There is literally a graveyard that is made up of Powells and Lindsays (grandmother's family). So... Pretty much the stereotypical small town southern family. Thank god my dad was in the air force. :lol:

You can sacrifice summoned skeletons to D'Tesh fort commanders. I sacrificed three skeletons and got 278xp.

Most likely because it has a unitcombat. Majority of summons don't. I'll work on fixing it.

Hoping that is 2.78, not 278. :lol:

Sometimes units are reverting to the default Civ4 models. Like I'll see a Svart ranger that looks normal, then it enters a forest and stealths, then a couple turns later it looks like a Native American. Stealthing isn't the issue I don't think, that was just an example, I've seen the same thing happen with like archers defending a city who suddenly no longer look like skeletons or whatever. It's just the one unit at a time too, all other units look like they should, but that one unit who changed models will continue to look weird until it dies.

Sometimes units are reverting to the default Civ4 models. Like I'll see a Svart ranger that looks normal, then it enters a forest and stealths, then a couple turns later it looks like a Native American. Stealthing isn't the issue I don't think, that was just an example, I've seen the same thing happen with like archers defending a city who suddenly no longer look like skeletons or whatever. It's just the one unit at a time too, all other units look like they should, but that one unit who changed models will continue to look weird until it dies.

Have you turned off unit animations? Check the options - civ4 default models are displayed when this is turned off, so try turning it on. I think. :lol:

Safegame attached.

Found the issue... Actually from the Cauldron. You had a t3 unit die, which created a Champion. It was supposed to receive the Demon race, but the race dict wasn't called correctly, so it wasn't.

If you don't mind, turn on python exceptions (in the ini, which you can access from the launcher, search for hide python exceptions; Set that to 0). It makes it far easier to find... Found the issue instantly because I had them on. ;)

Make sure you have the Frozen Animations option turned off.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG
    407.2 KB · Views: 169
damn, I dunno why screenshot of this python exception is not saved on turn

maybe you can catch it, it has has problems with with "bannor" and "resources". at least so it seems to be from quick glance.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    513.9 KB · Views: 45
A further odd bug with treasure chests is that they count as your units as far as activating things go. I had a treasure chest appear in letum frigis, which was off on a small undiscovered island. This was kind of confusing - I didn't realise what happened until later when I found the chest.

Also some treasure chests are spawning empty, which is sad :(

Aifron isle appears to be spawning out in the middle of the ocean - the text description says that it needs to be worked by a city, so I'm assuming it's supposed to be coastal.

The pass with the gargoyles ( name escapes me currently ) still does not seem to be spawning, even with include all features on.

Barbarians seem to have some weirdness in spawning - the wood elves somehow managed to attract two stoneskin ogres on turn 100 or so ( on marathon ), which are pretty much unkillable and have been bombarding their capital for the last 200 turns. I'm almost certain it wasn't a lair result ( the ogres aren't named and I cleared out all the lairs I could find).

The new unhealth system doesn't mesh with the coding for 'Avoid unhealth', which seems to be still expecting only 1 unhealth, so it always goes over by 1.

The AI appear to be pretty crippled by the unhealth changes, probably for much the same reason. After near 300 turns none of the AI have more than two cities, and none larger than size 5. ( emperor difficulty )

Even though animals are much weaker now, hunter's prize should probably still be a single cast spell instead of usable indefinetely. It just adds an abusable amount of escape and mobility to offensive animal units, especially drakes ( which, as move 3 meteor spitters, are already pretty obnoxious )

If you set erebus world to tiny, it's still pretty big, but all the races start right next to each other.

Well... That's not good. Looks like we have a rounding error.

I don't think this isn't related to the skeletons directly. D'Tesh commanders in forts get immense experience from gifting, but if they are in mausoleums they get more reasonable experience.

The Legion's Dark Empowerement isn't being cleared after the 10 turns. Makes their casters a bit too strong with huge income from experience (especially when coupled with a dulluhan with leadership) without having to lug around or restock melee units to keep it going.

I think what's happening with the Legion's Gift Essence is it is taking the experience from the first/most leveled unit in the tile, rather than the unit that's actually being sacrificed. It could also be some other kind of unrelated error, it is just I notice the massive experience gains usually happen when I have a stack of combat units on the fort when they are being gifted, as opposed to if I just sent a slave off and gifted by itself, with the commander as the only other unit on the tile.

Had a lair exploration result, "The lair collapsed! Falling masonry threatens to kill the explorers" but the lair was still there next turn to be cleared. Might be intentional, might not; I suppose lairs can have many paths to clear.

AI don't seem to explore dungeons. Whether that's because they don't kill the minotaurs or they just don't view the dungeons properly as an opportunity to explore I'm not sure. I'm also not 100% sure whether it is actually the case: in my last game the Clan had two dungeons in the culture radius of their capital for the entire game, and also never built another city. Many other civs also did not build new cities but I did not pay close attention to whether dungeons were present in their cultural radius. In my next game I turned off lairs (meaning no steaddings/hill giants as well as no dungeons) and they expanded better.

I'm almost certain it wasn't a lair result ( the ogres aren't named and I cleared out all the lairs I could find).

Stoneskin ogres can be a lair result. One of the lair results is "You have disturbed a sleeping ogre. It isn't sleeping anymore." Usually it is the weaker ogre (strength 6 or so?) but frequently enough to be a bother it'll be a stoneskin with 16/18 strength. Luckily they far prefer to pelt units with ranged attacks rather than actually attack directly. Likely the fix Valk's putting in to prevent things like mages (with a bunch of tier1 promotions to boot) or assassins from spawning early in the game will fix that too.

A further odd bug with treasure chests is that they count as your units as far as activating things go. I had a treasure chest appear in letum frigis, which was off on a small undiscovered island. This was kind of confusing - I didn't realise what happened until later when I found the chest.

Also some treasure chests are spawning empty, which is sad :(

Aifron isle appears to be spawning out in the middle of the ocean - the text description says that it needs to be worked by a city, so I'm assuming it's supposed to be coastal.

The pass with the gargoyles ( name escapes me currently ) still does not seem to be spawning, even with include all features on.

Barbarians seem to have some weirdness in spawning - the wood elves somehow managed to attract two stoneskin ogres on turn 100 or so ( on marathon ), which are pretty much unkillable and have been bombarding their capital for the last 200 turns. I'm almost certain it wasn't a lair result ( the ogres aren't named and I cleared out all the lairs I could find).

The new unhealth system doesn't mesh with the coding for 'Avoid unhealth', which seems to be still expecting only 1 unhealth, so it always goes over by 1.

The AI appear to be pretty crippled by the unhealth changes, probably for much the same reason. After near 300 turns none of the AI have more than two cities, and none larger than size 5. ( emperor difficulty )

Even though animals are much weaker now, hunter's prize should probably still be a single cast spell instead of usable indefinetely. It just adds an abusable amount of escape and mobility to offensive animal units, especially drakes ( which, as move 3 meteor spitters, are already pretty obnoxious )

If you set erebus world to tiny, it's still pretty big, but all the races start right next to each other.

• Well, that's an odd one. :lol:
  • I'll check it.
  • Pristin Pass. I'm not sure why it's not working.
  • Ogres like that don't spawn from anything other than lairs.
  • Ah, good catch. We'll fix it.
  • Yes, the AI will be taught that change as soon as it's finalized.
  • Only meant to be a one-time use. Will fix it.

I don't think this isn't related to the skeletons directly. D'Tesh commanders in forts get immense experience from gifting, but if they are in mausoleums they get more reasonable experience.

Never said it was. There's a rounding error in the python for gifting.

The Legion's Dark Empowerement isn't being cleared after the 10 turns. Makes their casters a bit too strong with huge income from experience (especially when coupled with a dulluhan with leadership) without having to lug around or restock melee units to keep it going.

I think what's happening with the Legion's Gift Essence is it is taking the experience from the first/most leveled unit in the tile, rather than the unit that's actually being sacrificed. It could also be some other kind of unrelated error, it is just I notice the massive experience gains usually happen when I have a stack of combat units on the fort when they are being gifted, as opposed to if I just sent a slave off and gifted by itself, with the commander as the only other unit on the tile.

Had a lair exploration result, "The lair collapsed! Falling masonry threatens to kill the explorers" but the lair was still there next turn to be cleared. Might be intentional, might not; I suppose lairs can have many paths to clear.

Hmm... It should be, has a duration of 10. I'll check it out.

No, it's just a rounding error. It's granting xp based on the level of the sacrificed unit. It just needs to be divided by 100. :p

I'll check it out. Should be able to increase the lair destruction chance via a tag on the goody; If so, that one will guarantee it.

I'm sure, these have been reported already, so I'm posting "better safe than sorry

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 75
The Legion's Dark Empowerement isn't being cleared after the 10 turns.

That reminds me, haste says it has a 100% chance to wear off each turn, yet I've had a unit remain hasted for like 30 turns.

Buff spells of that nature will remain active on a unit so long as there is a unit in the stack capable of casting it.

Ah ok, sweet. That explains it. :p

I just found something else. There's a file under XML/Text called CIV4GameText_JRouteNative that's saved as a "file" and not an XML. Dunno if that's intentional.

So, I don't know if this has been reported yet (I don't think so...), but I am not getting the mana display or score display on the main screen. I first thought it was a problem with a less than clean install, so I deleted the RiFE folder and reinstalled the program. But that didn't do it. Here is a screenshot so you can see what I mean...

Also, a second bug (that you can also see in this picture) is that the Roc is spawning a bit too big (I assume). A Roc that size should pretty much be able to pick up whole cities and toss them in the water...

Thanks! Other than these small things, 1.3 is great!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 124
Top Bottom