[BtS] American Civil War

DoubleRD77 - if only it were that way, I wish. Unfortunately for all of you, real life is more important, and mine has been quite busy of late. Obviously the timeline is way off for its release but I still hope to finish it sometime in the future.

Jabie - your correct on both points. Though of course its Americocentric, i live in the heartland of America, not to mention its easily arguable it was the most important civil war ever.

Wasp20126 - welcome to the forums! Thanks for your support and suggestions.

bazooka82 - sounds good, I'll look into it.

Formulapower - i hope to have many events happen in a similar manner as per your suggestions :)

nate895 - welcome to the forums! As I was telling DoubleRD77, I still hope to finish it someday, but between the difficulties of converting to 3.17, and real life being quite busy its obviously gotten way behind schedule. No time line for now, but I'm not abandoning it. If people with modding skills would like to join the team, please IM me.

Shiggs

I tried modding once for an American Civil War mod. It went horribly. If there is a good tutorial that anyone knows of, I'd love to try to mod again since I have a lot of time to spare being on summer vacation.

Thank you for the warm welcome, The reason why I added what I did is that I am a Civil War reenactor for the Northwest Civil War Council in Oregon. I am majoring in history, especially of the civil war. I am here to be consultant. I am overjoyed to hear that there is a mod to portray the civil war, it is something that I want to succede and I also want it to be good. I am more than willing to help to reach that goal.

no problem nate895 :)

Wasp20126 - nice to hear. Though I've done lots of research, I could always have a need for consultants and various help :)

cripp7 - no, sorry. I did have more work done, and somehow it got lost, even though I do redundantly make copies of this, one time I accidentally uninstalled the most recent version, losing many hours worth of work. Between that, and the 3.17 patch, I'm sorely behind schedule.

Also I've been working on a few other projects...

-Real Epic for BTS - recently released. see sig
- Civilization Universailis - a mod/scenario featuring Europe in the late 15th century, just after the fall of Constantinople, the 100 years war, ect... If I remember correctly it begins in 1474. Its nearly done, but will still require weeks of balance testing.
- And a nice Europe map I'm about to release, made specifically for DCM.

no problem nate895 :)

Wasp20126 - nice to hear. Though I've done lots of research, I could always have a need for consultants and various help :)

cripp7 - no, sorry. I did have more work done, and somehow it got lost, even though I do redundantly make copies of this, one time I accidentally uninstalled the most recent version, losing many hours worth of work. Between that, and the 3.17 patch, I'm sorely behind schedule.

Also I've been working on a few other projects...

-Real Epic for BTS - recently released. see sig
- Civilization Universailis - a mod/scenario featuring Europe in the late 15th century, just after the fall of Constantinople, the 100 years war, ect... If I remember correctly it begins in 1474. Its nearly done, but will still require weeks of balance testing.
- And a nice Europe map I'm about to release, made specifically for DCM.

So, how it's coming along?:goodjob:

just wondering if you are looking for any help....I am good with XML files but let me know if your looking for any help...I would like to se this mod come to be...so just let me know

No it probably won't.... at least not for Civ4 BTS.... I apparently started this project at a very bad time... right before fireaxis decided to release a full barrage of patches. I've probably done enough actual work to have released a fully developed mod, but about half my work was converting to BTS and fixing other various problems associated with about 4 patches since I began working on this.

If you want the source, it should be still downloadable. I highly doubt I'll ever finish this for Civ4 BTS, but if and when civ5 comes out, i'll likely continue work for a civ5 mod.

Hello
From the little I've read here I'm glad you created this
so please tell me if it is playable even if it is pre-3.13v
I have a way to run a batch file that can run at civ4 at any version i want
it just that I have multiple copies

Eclipse I have a question. If they decided to make a civilization 5 would this make you angry? Also, what are the odds you would purchase this game?

Eclipse I have a question. If they decided to make a civilization 5 would this make you angry? Also, what are the odds you would purchase this game?

It wouldn't make me angry and if they added a much better version of the world builder(wizzards for creatting scenarios, scripts and drag and drop models and skins) I be very happy. So yes I would buy it and play it, You see I still play C3C, Civ4 Vanila and Warlords besides so surely I have time for Civilization IV Colonization and even 5.
If this is lot the answer you were looking for, I would be mad if players dropped these other versions and the support for them went away

No it probably won't.... at least not for Civ4 BTS.... I apparently started this project at a very bad time... right before fireaxis decided to release a full barrage of patches. I've probably done enough actual work to have released a fully developed mod, but about half my work was converting to BTS and fixing other various problems associated with about 4 patches since I began working on this.

If you want the source, it should be still downloadable. I highly doubt I'll ever finish this for Civ4 BTS, but if and when civ5 comes out, i'll likely continue work for a civ5 mod.

that's too bad, this really looked like it was going to be a great mod. you had put a lot of 'realism' in it with the units/buildings/etc... i hope someone will pick it up.

I really would like to. And I probably would have continued work a long time ago, but it just seems like the support and players have all gone away... Really this entire site gets about 1/3 of the traffic it did when I joined... (i know it says i joined in march 07, but I've really been around this site since about 05')... it just seems like i'd be putting hundreds and thousands of man hours into something that maybe only a few hundred people would enjoy.

it is really sad... I've just lost any ambition to finish this, because I feel like as soon as I poured another few hundred hours into it, fireaxis would release another mod or civ5, making it nearly obsolete... which is pretty much what has happened a few times already.

Only thing I can promise is when/if civ5 comes out, i'll be working on this again... I already have learned enough about the civil war from doing this, I could probably write a book... so those kind of things will go much easier the 2nd time around.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't stop now....I was really looking forward to this mod!

What kind of help do you need to continue? I can help with XML (no programming though :-()

Thats not fair to us Shiggs. You promised us a civil war mod. Yes, it will take you a long time to finish, but in the end it will be worth it. A lot of people will download the mod because people will talk about it. There is not ONE civil war mod I have ever found. This game is not dead, it will last many years to come. Please finish the project.

Top Bottom