(3.05) Cannot Open 'Culture Overview'

agc28

Warlord
It is unopenable. Clicking the button does not show me anything.

And there is no hotkey. This was not broken in 3.04.

Can confirm.

Also, If you go to the culture overview via the tourism popup window, all the national wonder slots, and the Royal Library slot (even when not Assyria), are fillable on turn 0.

Other 3.05 bugs:

Tile cost is really low. Not sure if a bug or not.

I don't know what those strange black numbers before beliefs are for.

This seems like a pretty crippling bug to me. I am wondering if this will be fixed soon. If not, how do I rollback to 3.04? I cant seem to find a download button for older versions.

You can access the menu by clicking on the tourism icon in the top bar and then switching to 'culture overview' on the top menu of that pop-up. Obviously not optimal but it works.

Can confirm - Cannot Open 'Culture Overview'. Also capital city is missing from the list if you are using albie_123 suggested workaround.
Reverted to v3.0.4 beta and no issues anymore with 'Culture Overview'.

playing 3.0.5 I have the problem that in the culture window in the Your culture tab:

- it doesn't list the right culture buildings with the slots, no wonders, for example
- and so I cannot arrange works...
- also, only one city is listed that can be rolled, but only one is shown in one line...

Fixed it. Open your "CEP_C_Faith.xml" and change
Code:
<Where Type="BUILDING_CATHEDRAL" />
<Set GreatWorkCount="2" />
to
Code:
<Where Type="BUILDING_CATHEDRAL" />
<Set GreatWorkCount="1" />

Also, it seems that yields of belief buildings are wrong. Mosque gives +3 faith instead of +4, monastery gives vanilla yields instead of +50% faith +2 culture, etc.

Same file should be the place to fix those. Move the mosque faith update into active and change it to 4, and comment back in the monastery and bring it up to 50%. If those are the desired changes at least.

Good catch though. Suggests great work counts will need some work in the civup version if they're adjusted substantially?

Same file should be the place to fix those. Move the mosque faith update into active and change it to 4, and comment back in the monastery and bring it up to 50%. If those are the desired changes at least.

Yeah, I did notice this problem first, when I was poking this file, actually. However, uncommenting and modifying section that adds "%" modifiers to the faith didn't seem to work properly. I've got bonus faith from monastery, but less than 50%, and monastery tooltip wasn't showing any faith bonus at all. Should do more poking, I guess.

Might be a civup problem with how yield modifiers work on faith then. Like with how tourism is all screwed up. In that case, we should change the tooltip for now or increase the raw bonus to compensate.

Leugi's workaround and my adaption allow to add custom GW buildings and custom unique variants of existing GW buildings which change the number of slots. Changing the slot number of existing GW buildings (Amphitheater, Opera House, Museum, Broadcast Tower, Cathedral) will still break the Culture Overview.

playing 3.0.5 I have the problem that in the culture window in the Your culture tab:

- it doesn't list the right culture buildings with the slots, no wonders, for example
- and so I cannot arrange works...
- also, only one city is listed that can be rolled, but only one is shown in one line...

Sorry to necro something this old but I am having exactly this problem now with the new patch. It shows one city and I can click on 'name' and it shows the city at the bottom of the list. Can this be caused by a Wonder mod that isn't compatible? I just added several Industrial era Wonders because there are only 3 if you don't add any. If the information below this quoted post fixes this problem then let me know. They don't seem to be related at all.

Ingolenuru on Steam

On the contrary I think a necro bump may well be worth it. I have this same issue also.

I am struggling to find my CEP_C_Faith.xml file (Mac OS X 10.10.3 App Store Civ V Campaign Edition, 1.0.3.276 (124231) is at the bottom of opening screen - doesn't match the version numbers mentioned above...?)

Another possible solution, are any of the mentioned mods about the place effective solutions for my system, does anyone know?

I'll probably end up trying a few tonight (am on lunch break at work atm) but curious if anyone else has had a go...

Many thanks.

Okay, so for those interested, I have had a look at KyteM's Dynamic Culture Overview (available here, along with an explanatory thread), and this seems to be a fix; however it obviously being a mod it doesn't allow for fixing older games, d'oooohhhh.

Would be keen to hear other's notes on their experiences...???

...Bueller?

...Bueller?

Top Bottom