It happened again

WechyPichu

Chieftain
I got declared war on for the bajillionth time in this demo.
God damnit, why cant I go a single game without war?
I'm starting to think that this game in automaticly programmed for war.
Is this going to happen every single game I play when I get the full game?

no.

maybe.

depends on your play style, what level you play at, and do you build any military units.

A small army, play peaceful, and you can go many games without being in any wars.

Yes it will happen at some point pretty much every single game. How many civilisations do you know of who never found themselves at war at some point in their existence?
For advise, build an army to deter enemies, stay friendly with people with big armies, and pay big armies to go to war with each other.

Bribe your neighbors to kill each other. Sometimes you can't do that, sometimes you need to get involved when one of them starts gobbling up all the others. Most games you can survive with no units but scouts until flight.

:D The answer is the same as in your thread on the same topic from yesterday: that seems to be a progammed condition in the demo, or as someone pointed out yesterday, giving the AI 80 turns to play before you start the game increases massively the odds it's in a good position to DoW the human.

So if your question is still whether this is always like that in the full game the answer is still yes and no. You get DoW like that under some conditions, but you have much better chances to play the game to avoid most of those if it's how you want to play, or when they come you will be more on equal footing and will simply win them than in the demo version where the AI have 80 turns on you to grow.

You oughta just get the full game. It'll probably resolve most of the issues you're experiencing, I expect.

I just finish a game as SIAM on King difficulty with absolutely no wars between me and any one of the other 11 CIVs and 24 City States. I won a cultural victory in 1989 with all CIVs showing as friendly.

You just need to get the full game and learn its tricks. :D

It's called civilization, not Civ-city. :lol:

If the A.I sees any benefit for itself in war, it will go to war. Regardless of how peaceful your intentions are - the A.I is thinking of victory by any cost!

Also the Demo is a demonstration, so obviously war is part of the game and therefore ... yes .. the A.I is probably much more aggressive and imbalanced than in the full game.

Top Bottom