Information Drought?

see that's why I've been stopping myself from posting recently. Otherwise it'll be nitpicking some old and dead argument with "YOU KNOW WHAT...". I don't think any of us need that, we just need a morsel of information.

I hope that Friday twitch thing helps our thirst.

On one hand, "There’s a ton to talk about when it comes to Civilization V: Brave New World."

On the other hand, the event was created for some game called Haunted Hollow.

I think Firaxis like to drip feed us info. They could have given us almost everything up front but this way they are trying to keep up a buzz. Of course right at the moment they have misjudged a few things - Portugal, Zulu and now the box art create little buzz because 5 seconds after we saw the clues for the civs we knew what they were for and once it became clear the box art was ideology based we saw that nothing new was being revealed. I'm really hoping that with the game set to release in July that they release a civ a week for the next 4 weeks which takes us through to the end of June and leaves the last month with things like details from the scenarios and game mechanics etc. I think that would be a sound way of keeping buzz going leading up to July 9 (or 12th for those of us forced to wait 3 extra days like some sort of animals).

The reveal of the cover art may be leading up to an exposition on the ideologies and a civ that somehow ties into them... maybe... The point is the ideology system doesn't seem like a predominant enough feature to warrant representing the expansion, so perhaps there's something quite significant that we don't know about it yet.

but that is why screenshots are so good. They can hide a small detail and the forums will ferret it out but they don't have to explicitly say there is new info in it. It also lets us see some of the art assets aside from the same 6-7 screenshots we've seen.

If they are talking about BNV in that stream tomorrow theres a good chance they'll drop some new info.

Anybody familiar on how to perform a rain dance?
Might as well try out if it works and it starts raining information.

I'm hoping we'll get a screenshot of the Zulu soon. I want to see that possible new African city art!

About Friday :

Watch Ronnie 2K square off against Kate in Firaxis’ newly released title Haunted Hollow. Chris will be showing off some of his XCOM strategies. There’s a ton to talk about when it comes to Civilization V: Brave New World. Plus John will be about the recently announced Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol.

I saw a video for Ace Patrol. It's a turn-based combat tactics game for IOS. If it's less than $10, I could swing that for my Ipad.

I think both of the iOS games being released are free with in-app purchasing.

Btw, is the haunted house game is what th devs were referring to when that said x-com was coming to ios?:crazyeye::lol:

Why do I get the sneaking feeling that "tons to talk about" means "Hey, look at our box art again!"?

I dare not do a rain dance either. It's currently raining here and the last time we had a big rain the rivers flooded the region.

Top Bottom