The huns and ancient ruins

Verdant

Chieftain
Anyone ever gotten a turn 3 battering ram?

That guy went on a rampage, managed to gib 3 city states before everyone got kind of mad.

It was a pity Egypt and Askia declared war on me so soon, I almost thought I would have it this time after so many failed starts. Quite the jump from emperor (how many techs and soldiers do they even start with?).

@FeiLing : mate how did you start so close...pure bad luck on those three turn. but even to roll the battering rum to your city from his, it would take 6 turn I guess....lol. do you have the save game? i would definitely like to try it. =D

happened to me once, popped a ruin with my warrior and went to a spree to conquer my continent. made me come through with mass genocide on three civs

The very early battering ram for Huns is just so crazy :eek:

Here is now to make it even more effective - once you get the ram make 2 more scouts, they will catch up to the ram and amplify its power by:

1. zone of control. You use the scouts to block the enemy units from getting to the ram.

2. cannon fodder - get enemy to kill scout instead of the prized ram.

3. finisher units - such as an early almost dead city can be taken by a scout or even 2 scout hit, so a wounded ram won't have to survive another turn of bombardment.

Yea Huns with ruins... if you are doing a duel you should remove ruins or ban Huns if you don't want the game to turn into a roulette wheel.

I did on my first playthrough of the Huns. Took over my whole continent by the medieval and enjoyed a peaceful science victory from there.

I think that was also the first game I won on King.

My current game, but turn 5. Ate 3 CS single handedly and torched two roman cities, then with a pair of horse archers took rome. Built one more ram and that crew took out Jakarta and one more city. Now deciding whether to kill Indonesia completely or try for siam, but I see he has some of those elephants.

Top Bottom