DELUXE conquest of the new world?

I remember that too; I wonder if it was a mod or made by Firaxis for a future DLC or expansion ...

Apparently they did not add Conquest of the new World Deluxe. I was hoping they would. That would have been a nice addition.

Yeah, and making the map better, I was excited about the scenario but then I started playing it and I was really dissapointed with it, it's been a while but the map just seemed really incomplete

I don't know how the map could be better. It's typical in a lot of civ scenarios to have token cities for the mother countries (plus china in this case). The focus of this scenario is the new world and that is very random every time, exactly as it should be.

Why not the Swedish and Danish as well? Sweden had settlements in Delaware and the Danish and territory in the Caribbean. That'll probably be too much for the developers though.

At some point, it would water down the scenario - especially because the Maya are the only Native American tribe being added (unless the Shoshone represent someone besides the Shoshone).

The Deluxe Conquest of the New World should be limited to the following:

Native Americans:

Iroquois
Shoshone
Aztecs
Maya
Inca

Europeans:

Netherlands
England
France
Spain
Portugal

Unplayable:

Japan (to cover up the rest of Europe)
China (for victory points)

They are even.

None of those European countries had much contact with the Shoshone, though.

The Sioux didn't have all that much contact either and certainly Sitting Bull wasn't there. They did have limited contact (they lived further east and were not nomadic at the time, interestingly enough). However, I agree that the Shoshone can be replaced with someone in the scenario.

Top Bottom