World Congress Questions

Has anyone seen the AI obsessed with banning all the luxuries? That's happened to me a few times.

All the luxuries? Certainly not their own.
I've seen them proposing bans to certain luxuries but it's usually from civilizations they don't like. I wouldn't say that they are obsessed about that.

Tragically this ends up being another minus point for Indonesia, because there will be really very few civs that will be against the ban of those special spices.
It seems that the AI proposes to ban their spices more often than any other luxury.

In almost every game I've played, luxury bans have been proposed, but not always enacted.

However, I had one game where they voted to ban wine, and I had a ton of it! :(

Later in the game, there was a vote to ban silver (which I also had). Thankfully, it didn't pass (but the vote was close).

Later, the ban on wine was lifted :)

Darius proposed banning ivory in my last game so before the vote I traded him my last ivory for one of his luxuries. He still voted to ban ivory :(

Re: Luxury Banning, it seems to be the way the AI tries to derail proposals it doesn't like. If you don't want a given luxury banned, you'll spend votes on killing it, and thus not spending those votes on some other proposal. It's the only real way to combat someone who has too many votes and too strong an army.

Top Bottom