Crazy Huge map, 22 civs and 34 citystates - Any Tip?

vinisns

Chieftain
Hi guys, I'm doing some crazy set up.

Shoshone - Fractal - Huge - 22 civs - 34 citstates - king - normal speed
Raging Barbarians and Random Personalities

As Shoshone i could easily set my empire and grab some extra land before the nearest civilizations.

For my lucky i got Shaka on my left, Bismark southwest and Theodora southeast around me. Persians, Japaneses and the swedish were behind them. There is two citstates up north and sea by my right.

With pathfinders i tried getting some extra culture whenever i could, as i knew i needed to build some cities for a vital space.

As turns goes by, besides having shaka and bismark on my neck, theodora got some nice luxuries that would suply my hapiness, and also shes a religious .

Well i manage to build a defensive army and an ofensive armie for theodora. Im leader in tech and GNP but i feel i will have some happiness issues in the future.

Going foward i have about 7 cities being 2 from theodora, including her capital ( yeah my Vinicismo will prevail!!!)

As i expected Shaka came with his Annoying army of imps. Fortunantly i have some composite, swordsman and spears man to defend. I was able to kill some of them but the war is not over.

I few turns after shaka declared war, Bismark showed his claws and also declared war, but somehow his army is just walking around my border, maybe he will come in the future.

Currently im sending the army i attacked theodora to the west to show Shaka whos the man.

Its being a very interensting match as there is all sort of civilizations and so few space. but it seems that the map is bigger than a huge with 12 civs. I found a lot of great buddys as Alex, Atilla, Cesar, the Mayans, Marroco, and some others i dont remember, still didnt find all the civilizations as my pathfinders are discovering the map.

Looking foward a domination or technological victory. Going to Liberty, Honor and Commerce. In religion i set some happiness buffs for the increasing population.

Am I doing things right or a screwd in some part? Any good tips?

gonna post some pictures in the next posts

Domination is going to be very difficult on such a large map. A tech victory shouldn't be too bad, just keep your lead and don't let any other AIs run away.

Also, if you keep at least a minimum of effort up generating tourism, you'll be capturing enough great works from your warmongering to get influential over some of the low performers.

I've found that when I go warmongering, I'll usually end up with a CV in the end just because I'll have gained influential over the last handful of civs remaining to be conquered.

Edit: I've found that the new AI loves to chain denounce and set up global DoF/RA nets. In order to prevent myself falling behind the science race, I do full eliminations to cut down on the diplo penalties, the enemy RAs floating around, and those lil nastygrams they seem to want to send every 7 turns once you take over their capital.

Also, if you keep at least a minimum of effort up generating tourism, you'll be capturing enough great works from your warmongering to get influential over some of the low performers.

I've found that when I go warmongering, I'll usually end up with a CV in the end just because I'll have gained influential over the last handful of civs remaining to be conquered.

Edit: I've found that the new AI loves to chain denounce and set up global DoF/RA nets. In order to prevent myself falling behind the science race, I do full eliminations to cut down on the diplo penalties, the enemy RAs floating around, and those lil nastygrams they seem to want to send every 7 turns once you take over their capital.

Sorry, what did you mean by DoF/RA nets?

I'm getting afraid if they embargo my civ, can i still make trade routes with citystates?

Sorry, what did you mean by DoF/RA nets?

I'm getting afraid if they embargo my civ, can i still make trade routes with citystates?

Declaration of Friendship, Research Agreement gains.

No you can't make trades with city-states, but even if you do get embargoed you can still create internal trade routes to send :c5food: or :c5production to other cities.

I think runaways will be your biggest problem - Catherine can get pretty insane if left to her own devices. Atilla as well if he doesn't get squashed in the early game.

I've almost finished a King game on a Large Pangea map with domination as Assyria, and it did lead to me being first embargoed, and then almost city states embargoed.

The trick to keeping the economy up was commerce, and making trading posts count. Then trade routes were less of an issue if they were lost. Also good from commerce was the extra happiness from luxuries, without this, I would have been unhappy late game. Also nice was the double gold from Great merchants. Helped me grab many CSs, and some diplomatic power late game.

I got all of honour early. The free gold from killing units helped upgrade as I destroyed. Definitely finish that tree.

I was dog piled multiple times. At one point I had all the remaining Civs (around 7) declare war over a few turns. It was definitely the cultural Civs that were the biggest problems, Siam for me.

Also, world congress was against me until the point at which CS got delegates, at which point I successfully appealed my embargo. It helped to kill Siam, who had forbidden palace + 4 CS delegates.

Also, Autocracy helped a great deal when it came. Reduced unit maintenance was a useful tenet, amongst others.

Hope this helps.

And of i suffer ideology pression against autocracy?

i hope most of the go for order and not freedom, if i have to go to freedom ill suffer a lot

Make me a sandwich between turns because turn times are going to be loong!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Declaration of Friendship, Research Agreement gains.

No you can't make trades with city-states, but even if you do get embargoed you can still create internal trade routes to send :c5food: or :c5production to other cities.

I think runaways will be your biggest problem - Catherine can get pretty insane if left to her own devices. Atilla as well if he doesn't get squashed in the early game.

If you civ is embargoed, you can still make trades with CS. If you are embargoed and the CS embargo is in place too, then you can't trade with anyone except internally.

Top Bottom