Land Grabbing Aggression and Culture

pntran84

Chieftain
Game setup

Players: 8 Civ FFA (7 AIs)
Difficulty: Deity
Map Type: Pangaea

Given that culture is curbed in BNW, UA from Russia and Shoshone is overwhelming now. On deity level, where AI get a free settler and two cities (I could be wrong, I am uncertain on this advantages), this situation is simply absurb. If you do not get fight for the land, they will.

Certainly you can start fight in early game, but they are on the advantage with extra military units, not to mention cities. By the time you have put down your second city, it is likely they have 3 or 4 cities. So the fight won't be as early anymore, as you will just be setting up and stabilising your front, while the AI build up their power. It seem obsurd.

God forbid Shoshone and Russia having Angor Wat, and the pantheon that grant 15% border expansion!

This is lame.

No, duh, you're on Diety level. If you want an easier game go down a couple of levels.

Don't compain about making it harder for yourself. It's called Diety for a reason.

No, duh, you're on Diety level. If you want an easier game go down a couple of levels.

Don't compain about making it harder for yourself. It's called Diety for a reason.

Thanks for your advice, and will keep it in mind.

So how do you deal with this? As those playing on deity mode will share warfare is quite tough. And in BNW it also need diplomacy consideration. How can this be counter?

My point is, yes it will be hard to keep your border growth up. My only advice for a diety level player would be to get your culture up somehow, whether through GWAMs or pantheon beliefs. Going for Tradition will help a lot as well.

Top Bottom