Great Person Mod

xienwolf

Deity
Last Updated for Patch S of FfH 2: Download Here

This is first draft version. For the time being you can only use the Simple layout (normal popups) and LOTS of units have a default graphic. That is the main reason I am posting right now, so people can download it, think it is cool, and find me some art!

Anyway, let me know if any of the art I used has already been used somewhere else in the game. A couple of them felt REALLY familiar... Also let me know if I used the wrong art for any of the great people who were made leaders. Pretty sure I covered it all though.

Due to the special character in her name, I had to overwrite Tuatha De Daanan's name to make it a normal e. I was getting some errors when her name was meant to pop up. I may go ahead and import ALL the names just to clear up the German name issue (and thus also the translations however)

WARNING: If you use German, then the some images and quotes will NOT appear for you properly. The actual "Code" portion of this mod is only 2 lines because I linked the pics and text keys to the unit's unique name at birth. Anywhere that the name of the Person is translated screws that up. So the solution is to find the name which was translated and copy the text key and graphic, assigning the translated name to the new copy.

In the last official release, the names which are translated and will cause issue are all German, but the same issue happens if you have a personal modification to translate text. The official German changes are:

Kimble the Quick -> Kimble der Flinke
Carrow the Hunted -> Carrow der Gejagte
Bahamet the Second -> Bahamet der Zweite
Dain the Cytherean -> Dain der Cythereaner
Argase the Magician -> Argase der Zauberer
Cladius, Chorus of the Damned -> Tuoni der Pförtner (Looks like that one is outdated...)
Samawen the Ghost -> Samawen der Geist
Pelia the Dancer -> Pelia der Tänzer
Captain Ostanes -> Hauptmann Ostanes
Averax the Cambion -> Averax der Cambione
Rivanna the Wraith Lord -> Rivanna der Herr der Geister
Justin of Dalath -> Justin von Dalath
Nigel of the 5th March -> Nigel von der 5. Gemark
Captain Uldanor -> Hauptmann Uldanor
Simon of Gitta -> Simon von Gitta
Ducet the Patient -> Ducet der Geduldige
Florina of Lorinwood -> Florina von Lorinwood
Oparr the Underhand -> Oparr der Gauner
Enos the Maul -> Enos der Schläger
Omar of Turin -> Omar von Turin
Abdulkani the Mirage -> Abdulkani der Schwindler
Belarchass the Slaver -> Belarchass der Sklavenhändler
Calwinna of Junil -> Calwinna von Junil
Lita the Witch -> Lita die Hexe
Cinnia -> Spross des Himmels (Another outdated one)
Vaghan of Lugus -> Vaghan von Lugus
Asher the Encephalic -> Asher der Denker
Othmar the Astrologer -> Othmar der Sterndeuter
Tephus the Mistwalker -> Tephus der Nebelläufer

I would have tried to do a nifty quick language swap while loading the graphic to link them all to English, but the game actually only loads the one language from the XML at a time, so if you don't load FfH with English as your language setting, English doesn't exist at all.

To install:

Download the zip file and open it up. Inside you'll find a folder called "Assets" place that in your FfH2 directory so that it overwrites your current "Assets" folder and tell it to go ahead and replace the files (only 1 actual file gets replaced)

Crashes on python load.
Pack does not include CvGreatPersonScreen that is referenced in CvEventManager.py, unless I am missing something.

But it is good to see it finished - it is great. I have been checking the project from time to time. Will try to find some art for the missing GP.

And by the way, first response!. Once in a lifetime, I can do it ;)

Edited: clarifying was needed

Bah, that's what I get for trimming out the complex screens completely on the upload and not on my personal version. Shouldn't define or reference any new screens at all if I did upload things right. Will take a glance at it this afternoon.

Any advice on installing this modmod? Is the copying into FFH2 folder enough?

I think there's a problem with it that needs to be fixed. I'm going to try it after that.

Download the zip file and open it up. Inside you'll find a folder called "Assets" place that in your FfH2 directory so that it overwrites your current "Assets" folder and tell it to go ahead and replace the files (only 1 actual file gets replaced)

The Civ name for one popup I got had brackets around it. If those aren't intentional, it'd be nice to remove them.

The Formatting of the messages could be better. Instead of using line breaks, it'd look better just to make it one paragraph block. At least, it seems that way.

Oh, that one is there on purpose. It is standard format for how quotes work. The person who stated the quote just said "We," but unless you know the context (and the speaker) there is no way to place who that is just reading it.

I really like having the boxes pop up when great people are born. It adds a nice cosmetic element to the game. I really like the descriptions of the great people too, fun to read. Great job! :)

I really like the idea for this mod. I have a number of suggestions for portraits not yet in the mod, most I’ve added myself to the mod to see how they look. The name is the clickable link to the original pic on the Net, and the races and nation are what you posted in a Lore thread.

Cinnia - Prophet - Female/Human - Lanun. Her headdress is perfect for an OO prophet.
Talia Gosam – Prophet - Female/Human - Malakim. A Brom image.
Menolly NuValle – Sage - Female/Human - Calabim. A Brom image.
Fand – Prophet - Male/Demon – Infernal. I like his look of enjoyment at possibly damning someone to hell.
Llangru – Adventurer - Female/Orc. Or this one.
Carrow the Hunted – Adventurer - Male/Human (former Doviello). A Frazetta image using the character at the top.
Kered – Commander - Male/Orc - Clan of Embers. A Frazetta image - the heads on pikes are great background.
Lita the Witch – Prophet - Female/Human – Bannor. A Justin Sweet image. Size it to include the cat, and it’s her witch familiar.
Pistis Sophia – Engineer - Female/Angel – Mercurian. Or this one, from a WOTC angel of the same name.
Aegeus Isildur - Engineer - Male/Human – Kuriotates. His text mentions cities that gleam, so a good match.
Persellus – Bard - Male/Human – Calabim. A Brom image.
Nyarlat – Prophet - Male/Human – Balseraph. An image of the Cthulu Mythos Nyarlathotep, who the text seems to say he is based on.
Hyksos – Commander - Male/Human – Malakim.
Asher the Encephalic – Sage - Male/Human – Kuriotate. Deep in thought.
Cladius, Chorus of the Damned – Bard - Male/Human – Bannor. Only use the top half and it matches the text of him channeling torment from hell.
Jenkin – Merchant - Male/Human – Patrian.
Zoot Ghent Gear – Engineer - Male/Uncertain – Balseraphs. This image fits his uncertain race.
Dain the Cytherean – Bard - Male/Human – Sidar. A Justin Sweet image. Should shrink to about 66% to get the best view.
Valoel – Engineer - Male/Human – Elohim.
Dianchete – Bard - Female/Elven – Svartalfar.
Faber Ozzie – Engineer - Male/Dwarven – Balseraphs.
Aengus Saone – Prophet - Male/Dwarven – Khazad. Be sure to size it to include his drawing runes on the shield.
Enos the Maul – Merchant - ?. A Frazetta image. If you resize it to show him and the person he’s grabbing by the throat, it’s a perfect match for his deal making methods as mentioned in his text.
Rusa Pariek – Merchant - ? Shrunken down some to fit he’s definitely an ‘anything for money’ merchant.

Also, how do you get the raised look in your .dds images? Beveling? I use Paint.Net or Gimp.

Top Bottom