Connect founder beliefs to holy city instead of founder civ

Gurra09

Emperor
I was playing a Domination game the other day and it struck me that there is little to no benefit keeping a captured enemy holy city alive instead of take away that status with an inquisitor because all it does is pumping out pressure. And then I came to thinking, what if founder beliefs were not connected to the civ who founded the religion but rather to the civ who owns the holy city? This would give an incentive to keep captured holy cities alive, and to defend your holy city a little extra.

Could this be done?

I was thinking about this yet again the other day and searching the forums here to post about it I was surprised to see I had already done that 8 months ago - but no responses! Is the lack of responses because of nobody actually having a clue or was the thread just not seen?

To me it sounds like something that might be possible to do with lua but since I don't actually have any experience with lua coding I couldn't know. Basically if this could be implemented the game would reassing founder status of a religion whenever its holy city changes ownership (or check every turn who owns the holy city but that sounds like more work for the computer) - if it's at all possible to make the game reassign founder status.

It is most certainly possible to do, after all that's exactly what happens in the "into the renaissance" scenario from G&K (reference)

However the main obstacle is that a Civ can only be the founder of one religion, so what happens exactly when you have founded a religion in your Capital and then you conquer two other holy capitals?

I remember playing a mod waaaay back that allowed something like this, but with city states. It allowed city states to found a religion and whoever conquered it or allied with it became the 'patron' of said religion - at least that's what I recall.

Top Bottom