Feature Requests and Discussion

Here is another very minor update, merely incorporating Platyping's change to stop movies while adding wonders/projects in worldbuilder.

I also decided to make that mouseover display both the name of the mod and the latest worldbuilder version, to possibly reduce confusion while testing new versions of worldbuilder on the same version of MNAI or MagisterModmod.

You know, you have a mildly annoying habit of merging in my updates just as it s time for me to release a new one.

Platy Builder 4.10 is a very minor update indeed. Platyping said its only purpose is to "Fix a bug where promoted units can no longer see those promotions in promotion screen when Hide Inactive is on"

The only substantive change is in line 190 (166 in Platyping's version) of WBPromotionScreen.py, where pUnit.isPromotionValid(i) becomes isPromotionValid(i, pUnit.getUnitType(), True).

Additionally, Line 775 (419 in the non-FfH2 version) of CvGameUtils.py was altered just enough to change mod version display from 4.09 to 4.10.

Line 2386 (1840 in the non-FfH2 version) of CvWBDesc.py was also changed so that it no longer notes what version of Platy Builder is being used in saved games. This doesn't matter at all for MNAI, as I commended out those lines anyway. Having that written in a scenario lets it know to load info on the barbarian state, but BUG reacts very badly with that and I haven't gotten back around to figuring out why.

Why are broken lands as productive as regular lands? There's no disincentive that I can see (please explain it to me if I'm wrong!) to stop broken lands entering your lands. Sacrifice the Weak civic is meant to work well in conjunction with less productive broken lands because you don't need as much food... :confused:

I think broken lands remove most health resources.

What Folket said. As well as removing floodplains and damaging forests, and transforming certain luxury resources into less useful versions.

Could you expose more of the new C++ functions to python, so that I can allow World Builder to adjust temporary terrain/features/bonus types and timers?

Here is a very minor WorldBuilder update, only containing two files. All it does is grant the ability to adjust the Sanctuary Timer through the Player Screen, taking advantage of the newly exposed getSanctuaryTimer() function.

Is there any estimate on how long your next update will take?

I'm just wondering whether I should release a new MagisterModmod this weekend or wait for some fixes/the exposure of more functions to python.

I'd rather be able to upgrade the Plot Data screen of WorldBuilder to handle temporary terrain, bonuses, and features first.

What would you think about adding temporary Improvements and Routes too? Those could be useful, plus the layout of the Plot Data screen would be more intuitive if I could add a single drop down box to select the Real or Temporary mode for adjusting everything there rather than only 3 of the boxes.

Is there any estimate on how long your next update will take?

I'm shooting for a late December release of 2.61

What would you think about adding temporary Improvements and Routes too? Those could be useful, plus the layout of the Plot Data screen would be more intuitive if I could add a single drop down box to select the Real or Temporary mode for adjusting everything there rather than only 3 of the boxes.

Added requests for these items. Doubt that they will be included with the next release, though I do plan to expose the existing terrain modification functions to python with 2.61

Alright. I guess I'll go ahead and release a new MagisterModmod this afternoon.

These are very low priorities, but just to keep the temporary and real versions of the plot data screen consistent it might also be nice to have temporary rivers, signs, landmarks, and plot types (flat/hill/peak/water).

There has been a complaint in my modmod's thread about how the End of Winter game option can lead to Flood Plains over Tundra, which has better yields than the usual desert flood plains. With Temporary Features, this is easily fixed.

I don't think that End of Winter should make raw mana or other mana resources disappear temporarily. This can allow cities to be built over mana which later appears. This is the only way to have raw mana connected in trade. Differentiated mana with a city over it can be dispelled but never have a node built over it.

There has been a complaint in my modmod's thread about how the End of Winter game option can lead to Flood Plains over Tundra, which has better yields than the usual desert flood plains. With Temporary Features, this is easily fixed.

I don't think that End of Winter should make raw mana or other mana resources disappear temporarily.

Agreed. I will look into these issues and fix them.

In related news, I was able to put in a few hours of coding work this week and the next version will also include temporary improvements and temporary routes (with everything related to temporary map items exposed to python)

I have found that attempting to change a player's Santuary Timer when said player does not have a capital city can cause the game to crash without warning.

I think the problem is here in CvPlayer.cpp
Code:
void CvPlayer::changeSanctuaryTimer(int iChange)
{
    if (iChange > 0)
    {
        gDLL->getEngineIFace()->[B]AddGreatWall(getCapitalCity());[/B]
    }
	if (iChange != 0)
	{
		m_iSanctuaryTimer += iChange;
	}
	if (m_iSanctuaryTimer == 0)
	{
        gDLL->getEngineIFace()->[B]RemoveGreatWall(getCapitalCity());[/B]
	}
}
It references getCapitalCity() without first checking to make sure that such a city actually exists.

Could you please add such a check to prevent the crash?

It might not be able to cause the Great Wall graphic to appear or disappear, but that does not have any real effect on the usefulness of making the player's territory impassible to other players.

I added a check in WBPlayerScreen.py to make this control not show up when the player has not founded a city, but I'd rather not need that limit.

Just now I was trying to edit CvWBDesc.py so that the Sanctuary Timer can be saved to and read from a WordBuilder Save file. Unfortunately, Player data is all read before any cities are reated, so reading the sanctuary timer from a scenario file always causes a crash

The Calabim declared war on me around turn 60 and had 4 warriors with at least combat 1 and could have walked into my city defended by 2 warriors (one with bronze weapons from a lair pop) on flat grassland, no palisade etc. They decided to attack a lizardman and then moved back out to heal up and gave me time to move my exploring warrior back and help me desperately try to build another warrior!

I think they should have ignored the barbarian lizardman and just attacked me!

EDIT: In the end they swarmed with with warriors and destroyed me :(

In the WB, is there a way to add more research points (in the player data section) for a civ's tech without having to furiously click the :c5plus: to add each individual point!!! That's hundreds of clicks...

Yes. At the top left of the screen you will find a drop down box (between the box that lets you select which player and the box to select the Era) which lets you select the number by which you want to increment such things. You could choose (+/-) 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, 50000, 100000, 500000, or 1000000.

I don't think that there are any technologies that cost a million research points or more, so that one would just give you all the research towards the tech. In older versions the excess research could run over, but in the last several ones the change is capped at the technology's total cost.

I have advanced tactics on and the Malakim AI built forts on gold and incence, which was a good idea for them. However I just pillaged one road which connected them back to the Malakim empire and the AI didn't try to fix the route (or get annoyed at me for that!).

Top Bottom