Simple map building question (re: Kuriotates)

Medicine_Man_55

Warlord
Hi there,

I'm currently in the process of whipping up a scenario built on top of Nikis Knight's Erebus map. I'll admit, I like mucking with the world builder almost as much as I like playing the game. Very warped. :p

I'm running into a small problem however. If I build a combination of Cities and Settlements for the Kuriotates in the world builder and then save the map as a scenario, the status (city/settlement) of Kuriotate cities is not kept when the scenario is reloaded. The game seems to apply city status from left to right, probably as it builds the map by reading the plot information.

Is there some work around for this? A script to select the proper metropolises on load or perhaps a specific way of building the scenario?

Thanks and cheers.

If you know python you could run the map with the gameoption gameoption_extra (edit the map file itself with something like Notepad or Notepad++) and cause the cities to become settlements in there.

While I know a bit about programming, I unfortunately know nothing about Python specifically. Interesting though: I wasn't aware you could embed python code directly into the WB file. I suppose I would have to know which function to call in the FfH library to turn Kuriotate cities into settlements and visa versa?

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion Cyther. Just cutting the # of Kuriotate cities pre-placed down to 5 is a reasonable work around for the moment. I'll have to look into the gameoption_extra option in the future.

Top Bottom