City States Leaders for BNW [WIP Icon contribution hread]

Henry Sewell (Wellington)

Spoiler :

I'll take Mogadishu.

Aaand here we go:

Mogadishu

Spoiler :

Those are fantastic! It just looks like they are lacking a good bg to flesh them out fully.

This is great, guys. We're so close!

knightmare13 offered an alternative to the leafy filigree. The current one always bothered me too, so I'm all for the idea.

I think it needs to be more subtle...

But I agree it needs to be done.

Either way, though, this would mean that I need to solicit the artists that provided their contributions as pngs with the template to re-send. Are ya'll willing to send me your Photoshop or Gimp files?

EDIT: Maybe a few different kinds of filigree? Representing the trait (laurel=militaristic), or maybe the geographical area? Maybe laurel wreaths for the Mediterranean, wheat stalks for Africa, ivy for Europe, cherry blossoms for east Asia, etc?

Those are fantastic! It just looks like they are lacking a good bg to flesh them out fully.
I think it needs to be more subtle...
Jose Rizal looks noble with that new Laurel wreath. :)

This is great, guys. We're so close!

EDIT: Maybe a few different kinds of filigree? Representing the trait (laurel=militaristic), or maybe the geographical area? Maybe laurel wreaths for the Mediterranean, wheat stalks for Africa, ivy for Europe, cherry blossoms for east Asia, etc?
I cant find a picture for a leader for Ormus, event the two you suggest. And Alfonso? isn't it odd to add the Conqueror of the CS as a leader of the CS?

that is a great Idea, Geographical Area. But isn't this sounds like building from the ground again?

Could we add this One as a Leader for a Militaristic CS? I think he deserve the Privilege.
Spoiler :

General - Admiral Aladen of the Great Wadiyan Nation

Please?

Edit: Besides it was a good movie. :lol:
don't you agree?

I cant find a picture for a leader for Ormus, event the two you suggest. And Alfonso? isn't it odd to add the Conqueror of the CS as a leader of the CS?
Yeah, we discussed this earlier in the thread. I couldn't find the names of any of the leaders of Ormus, either, other than the couple listed. Maybe use the pic of Said bin Sultan, Sultan of Muscat and Oman as a template, and call him Imam-Quli Khan, who was governor of Fars and the general who took Ormus (with English help) from the Portuguese for Abbas I of Persia.

that is a great Idea, Geographical Area. But isn't this sounds like building from the ground again?
No, I can use the existing pictures and add the foliage with my template.

Could we add this One as a Leader for a Militaristic CS? I think he deserve the Privilege.
General - Admiral Aladen of the Great Wadiyan Nation
Hah! I'll add support for it, but it will only work if the city state has been added by another mod using the tag MINOR_CIV_WADIYA. It's trivial to add a new city-state. You can use this mod as a template.

EDIT: In fact, I'll write the code for you:
Spoiler Republic of Wadiya :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GameData>
	<MinorCivilizations>
		<Row>
			<Type>MINOR_CIV_WADIYA</Type>
			<Description>Wadiya</Description>
			<ShortDescription>Wadiya</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>Wadiyan</Adjective>
			<Civilopedia>Wadiya was founded by Abrahamadeen in 3696 B.C (or 5636 B.A.) and has since been subject to violent fighting, up until 19 B.A., after which the modern day single-party lead government was established under the rule of president-for-life Omar Aladeen. Since then, the country has been under strict rule of the Aladeen regieme.</Civilopedia>
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_GREEN</DefaultPlayerColor>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_MINOR</ArtDefineTag>
			<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST</ArtStyleType>
			<ArtStyleSuffix>_AFRI</ArtStyleSuffix>
			<ArtStylePrefix>AFRICAN</ArtStylePrefix>
			<MinorCivTrait>MINOR_TRAIT_MILITARISTIC</MinorCivTrait>
		</Row>
	</MinorCivilizations>
	<MinorCivilization_CityNames>
		<Row>
			<MinorCivType>MINOR_CIV_WADIYA</MinorCivType>
			<CityName>Wadiya</CityName>
		</Row>
	</MinorCivilization_CityNames>
	<MinorCivilization_Flavors>
		<Row>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_EXPANSION</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>0</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_NUKE</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>7</Flavor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_WONDER</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>7</Flavor>
		</Row>	
		<Row>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_CITY_DEFENSE</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>5</Flavor>
		</Row>	
		<Row>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_DEFENSE</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>3</Flavor>
		</Row>	
		<Row>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_OFFENSE</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>8</Flavor>
		</Row>	
		<Row>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_MILITARY_TRAINING</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>6</Flavor>
		</Row>	
	</MinorCivilization_Flavors>
</GameData>

Um... don't <Description>, <ShortDescription>, <Adjective> and <Civilopedia> need to be text file references and not actual text?

Um... don't <Description>, <ShortDescription>, <Adjective> and <Civilopedia> need to be text file references and not actual text?

It really only matters if the text will be different in multiple languages. In the case of names that may be the same in all language versions, it doesn't really make a difference if you just input it directly instead of a txt key.

Yeah, we discussed this earlier in the thread. I couldn't find the names of any of the leaders of Ormus, either, other than the couple listed. Maybe use the pic of Said bin Sultan, Sultan of Muscat and Oman as a template, and call him Imam-Quli Khan, who was governor of Fars and the general who took Ormus (with English help) from the Portuguese for Abbas I of Persia.
I think this one looks better, kind of modern though
Spoiler :

or this

Hah! I'll add support for it, but it will only work if the city state has been added by another mod using the tag MINOR_CIV_WADIYA. It's trivial to add a new city-state. You can use this mod as a template.
cool! :goodjob:, what does that mod (the one on steam you link) do any way?

why not just make another XML and put all those code for Wadiya and declare it?

I'll upload tomorrow or the next day, the one for Ormus.

I think this one looks better, kind of modern though
But Iran controls Ormus/Hormuz now (not Oman), so I'm not sure how Qaboos works, unless you're just using him as a template for Quli or someone else.

cool! :goodjob:, what does that mod (the one on steam you link) do any way?
It just adds one city state. It refers to an episode of "Family Guy" where Peter attempts to secede his house from the United States.

why not just make another XML and put all those code for Wadiya and declare it?
I don't want to add any new city states with this mod, but I am happy to support other mods that add city states (as I did with the G+K version for More City States and Ynaemp City States).

Not the best in the world, but here is good old Rudolf of

Zurich

Spoiler :

Neither can I. I can adjust the levels a bit though if that'd help. It was a rushed job, and I was a bit out of it at the time of creation.

In other news, do you guys need any help in looking for wreaths?

OK, some art tweaks:
TPangolin, can you clean up Rudolf :)rudolf:?) and make his background yellow?
knightmare13, can you make the background for Mombasa and Ormus cyan (instead of green)?

Below are some of the results of experimenting with alternate window decorations.

Wheat (Africa):

Cherry Blossoms (Asia):

I wasn't entirely happy with knightmare13's laurel, so I just made a resized version of the previous laurel, which I quite like, and I began to think I would abandon the use of alternates, and just use this one:

Note that all of these use a less jaggy circular frame.

Then I thought of reusing some of Firaxis' topper decorations, and did some experiments with those representing traits:
Militaristic:

Religious:

Cultural:

Mercantile:

There wasn't anything that worked with Maritime, so I made this:

I think I like these, but I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort of gathering all of the art that has been submitted using the old template since I haven't heard from Leugi and janboruta. I guess I'll PM them, since either way I want to use the less jaggy circular frame.

Top Bottom