A Civ of Thrones - Development Thread

The pictures look very beutiful!

I forgot to tell some things in my previous message:

1) You must do House Targaryen! The seven kingdoms can't be perfect without the targaryens!

2)As others said, you need to change the ua of Stark. I agree with them that you need to add bonuses from snow and tundra. And I think that the walls of winterfell is similar to the walls of babylon. I suggest to do something different about defense or some thing about hunting. Maybe a hunting lodge that have bonuses of food and pruduction ?

3) And (spoilers fron season 4 episode 8) :
Spoiler :
Did you think about doing house bolton as a civ? After this episode they started to conquer the north so it fits them to be civ and not city-state...

1) Sorry, but for the moment the mod will be center on the Westeros wars, however, in the future, I might add Essos with its city states and Daenerys Targaryen.

2) Ye the Walls of Winterfell is a copy of the Walls of Babylon and I thought about an hunting lodge for a Mance Rayder civ (with also Mammut as Unique Unit). It is high probable that I will change the Stark trait!

3) Not now...like for Targaryens: in the future after that the mod will be released.

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions!

1) Sorry, but for the moment the mod will be center on the Westeros wars, however, in the future, I might add Essos with its city states and Daenerys Targaryen.

2) Ye the Walls of Winterfell is a copy of the Walls of Babylon and I thought about an hunting lodge for a Mance Rayder civ (with also Mammut as Unique Unit). It is high probable that I will change the Stark trait!

3) Not now...like for Targaryens: in the future after that the mod will be released.

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions!

Spoiler :
You mean that you are working on the war of the five kings? because bolton is also in westeroes...

And for the free polk, I founded no cities of them. So, can will you do them with no cities but camps that move places in some turns?

The mod will be released with: Arryn, Baratheon, Lannister, Martell, Stark, Tyrell, Tully, FreeFolks There will be also a scenario for "The War of the Five Kings".

About the free folks, i will see what is possible to do

One question: Does this just add the Civs or is it like AMOIAF where it only goes to the Renaissance Era makes all vanilla civs unplayable?

This will be a Total Conversion Mod (however i can also make civs available apart too, but i dont see much sense in doing a thing like that)

Just for the future, I think the Night's Watch would make a very interesting civ.

I'd love to see houses Bolton and Targaryen too. And I hope you will include Night's Watch as a playable faction (with Jon Snow as a leader^^)

The Tourney Camp icon for Renly Baratheon:

What do you think? Im not so much convinced about it :S

It's very nice, but it does'nt look realistic

I also think it's not that great ;S....and what do you think of Renly UA, UU and UB ideas?
I'm also thinking of doing that cities conquered by Renly not come into resistance.

Another Tourney Camp icon:

How big will the map be? Will it be only a Pangaea with only Westeros or will it have all of the Known World at any point?

I also think it's not that great ;S....and what do you think of Renly UA, UU and UB ideas?
I'm also thinking of doing that cities conquered by Renly not come into resistance.

Another Tourney Camp icon:

This icon is better.

For the ideas, I didn't know that you had ideas.
They're nice ideas.
The name of the UA is the same like stannis. It's logical that the names are the same, but I suggest to change Stannis' UA name to: "The Power of Lord of Light" or something. The UA is nice.
The rainbowguard is very nice and for the tourney camp, I don't know how the musician is fitting the camp but it's a creative idea. I suggest to also have a XP bonus to him but a small one.

For the Stannis UA i think i will rename it "Warrior of Light" or "Blessed Fire".
I think that there was always at least a musician at the tournaments, considering that they also attract a large numbers of side-events, like puppet shows. Consider that, taking part in a tourney, a musician could see the winner and compose a ballad in his honor or a ballad about the event itself. Moreover he could arouse the sympathy of some lord that would lead him to court with himself when the tourney is finished.

I suggest to also have a XP bonus to him but a small one.
You mean xp to the Rainbowguard? Or you mean to make that the tourney camp also gives xp, for example to mounted units?

The Tourney Camp icon for Renly Baratheon:

What do you think? Im not so much convinced about it :S

I actually prefer this one.

Also, is there a reason for not having the leaders as the names of their houses as opposed to their location? It'd help give differentiation to the Baratheon houses and it's how the other mod did it iirc.

(North, Stormlands, Riverlands etc.)

It is just my preference, because when i see "Robb Stark - The North" it gives me the impression as if he is the owner of the North

Note: im still waiting your leader scenes and Greyjoy and Martell maps, hoping you wanna still make them :D

I actually prefer this one.
It's not perfect, but it's better than the other one, I think (which is just a bit drab and brown and won't look good when smaller)! Plus, it' fits more with the Civ5 style than the second one.

I think Jamforce needs to decide whether he wants to keep the Civ5 aesthetic or not. If not, it would mean changing a lot more icons to keep the mod consistent...

Ye, the second icon doesn't fit the Civ5 style and it's really ugly when smaller, while the first is a merge of the knight and circus icons, so of course it's in the style of the game. I dont like none of the two, maybe i will ask for it to sukritact/Janboruta ( or to anyone who is able to draw a better one). I wanna definitely keep the Civ5 aesthetic!

Top Bottom